PDA

View Full Version : power up my warforge totemist!

axraelshelm
2008-01-12, 06:04 PM
okay I love warforge but they are very unmagical which sucks for me as a player as in with their armor and -2 on wis and cha. Spells are out of the question so incarum is the next thing I think the warforge would be great as a totemist but I need people to tell me the bad points of this combination and the great points aswell.
Now on your marks.
get set.
GO!!!

Wordmiser
2008-01-12, 06:14 PM
okay I love warforge but they are very unmagical which sucks for me as a player as in with their armor and -2 on wis and cha
I'm not familiar with Magic of Incarnum, but Warforged Archivists (HoH), Beguilers (PHB2) and Psions (EPH) are no worse off than members of other races.

axraelshelm
2008-01-13, 04:31 PM
I'm not familiar with Magic of Incarnum, but Warforged Archivists (HoH), Beguilers (PHB2) and Psions (EPH) are no worse off than members of other races.

not what im looking for but thank you all the same now can someone else see the bad side to this?

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-13, 07:14 PM
As a meldshaping class, totemists benefit from having high Constitution score. The only problem I see is that totemists have bad Will save. Coupled with the fact that warforged get a penalty in Wisdom, it can be disasterous when faced with foes with mind-affecting abilities.

Apart from that, I don't think they are any worse off than any other races (save humans and strongheart halflings).

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-13, 07:17 PM
The feat Steadfast Determination gives Con to Will saves, among some other goodies, eg not failing fort saves on a 1, although the prerequisite, endurance, isn't too useful for warforged.

axraelshelm
2008-01-14, 04:57 AM
The feat Steadfast Determination gives Con to Will saves, among some other goodies, eg not failing fort saves on a 1, although the prerequisite, endurance, isn't too useful for warforged.

stead fast determination? which book is that in? and if thats the case that and iron will will be more than enough to make up the difference.

so that covered any other weakness can people see in this combo?

Armads
2008-01-14, 05:44 AM
Steadfast Determination's from PHB2. It has the prerequisite of Endurance.

axraelshelm
2008-01-14, 06:32 AM
Steadfast Determination's from PHB2. It has the prerequisite of Endurance.

hmmm that is a problem because a warforge never tires. if thats the case iron will might be a better choice