PDA

View Full Version : Flesh Golem's Slams

DementedFellow
2008-01-12, 10:13 PM
In the SS book it has an ECL list of the monster's abilities.

It says it has two natural slam attacks.

I have two questions.

1) Does this mean that the golem can make two slam attacks per round if his BAB is +3 and then 4 slam attacks total when he gets +6/+1?

2) Since it is a natural attack, I'm under the assumption a proficiency feat would be moot, am I correct?

tyckspoon
2008-01-12, 10:36 PM
1.) No. Iterative attacks derived from BAB don't apply to natural attacks. The Flesh Golem's full attack is 2 slams at the same bonus, regardless of how high its BAB is.

2.) Correct. Natural weapons require no special proficiency; if you have them, you know how to use them. (Alternately, no creature is proficient with them in the same way that no humanoid is explicitly proficient with unarmed attacks. It's far more sensible to assume they are proficient and the designers did not find it necessary to state that monsters know how to use their teeth.)

Frosty
2008-01-12, 10:37 PM
The flesh golem I'm looking at has a regular attack of Slam +10 melee
Full attack it gets 2 slams +10 melee.

It's BAB/Grapple is +6/+15

If you want more information, I'd suggest reading page 299 of the Monster Manual.

RTGoodman
2008-01-12, 10:38 PM
You're basically just stuck with the two slams.

Creatures do not receive additional attacks from a high base attack bonus when using natural weapons.

Also, I don't have a relative quote, but I'm 100% sure you're automatically proficient with natural weapons.

EDIT: Gah! Double-ninja'd because of the site slowdown!

Talanic
2008-01-12, 10:50 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, flesh golems do not gain iterative attacks with their natural weapons. Same as all natural attacks; e.g. wolves don't gain two bite attacks at +6/+1.

Irreverent Fool
2008-01-13, 12:48 PM
You could always awaken construct it and give it a level of something proficient with a martial weapon if you want it to have iterative attacks.

Yeril
2008-01-13, 01:10 PM
Theres a feat called Rapid strike, not sure what book its in, proberly savage species, Basicly you take "Rapid strike (Slam)" at +6/+1 and you gain an interitive attack with that attack, and then at +12/+6/+1 you take "Improved Rapid Strike (Slam)" and then at +17/+12/+6/+1 you take Greater rapid strike (Slam), and get 3 attacks with each slam.

Its a killer feat tree to have for dragon/fighters :smallbiggrin: .