PDA

View Full Version : NWN 2 control issues

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-01-12, 11:34 PM
a little background first. I got the game last year for Christmas ('06), and played it, up until I was at the final battle, then put it away. Since that, I had a new hard drive put in my laptop (not by choice mind you), and had to reinstall the game. I then had some issues with my code, since it no longer wanted to work, but have since gotten a new one from Atari and reinstalled the game.

I now have to start the normal campaign over since my data was lost, and have done so. But, the controls are a little different than I seem to remember. I recall that when you went to the edge of the screen up or down that it would adjust the tilt of the view, and when you went to the edge left or right, it turned the field of view. But now, all it seems to do is slide up, down, left or right. I tinkered with some things, but can't seem to get the controls with the mouse to the aforementioned preference. Now I don't want to mess with things too much, and am wondering if anyone here knows what the settings are to get the controls how I'd like. I figure I'll get a better chance at a good response here than anywhere else.

DeathQuaker
2008-01-13, 12:41 AM
They fixed the camera in the most recent update. If you go into your "options" and then "camera settings" you will be able to tweak how the camera moves as you prefer. You're just going to have to play with them as you like--I can't really tell you what will work best for you.

IIRC, the settings that worked best for me was to play in Strategy Mode, with camera centered on player. I also tend to turn edge scroll/turn off and turn the camera with my keyboard instead, but that's a personal preference that many would not agree with.

If you have "Mask of the Betrayer" the details on the new camera, etc. are included in your game's manual if you are having further issues. There may also be helpful discussions at the NWN2 board at the Bioware website (Bioware hosts the official forum even though Obsidian is the dev). You will actually get more accurate info there than here regarding NWN2.

Archonic Energy
2008-01-20, 12:30 PM
You will actually get more accurate info there than here regarding NWN2.

depends on who answers you...

:smallamused:

Hawriel
2008-01-21, 12:23 AM
I just went and found a free cam cheat code. It made my life alot easyer.

DeathQuaker
2008-01-21, 11:16 AM
depends on who answers you...

:smallamused:

Usually the stuff in the stickies is good, and the camera stuff is well discussed enough you should easily be able to find a coherent answer. And always check for Dev posts.