Init: +5
AC 14, Touch 12, Flatfooted 10
(+2 Dex, +2 Natural Armor)
BAB +4; Grp +6
Attack Slam 3d4+4, 15-20, Bite 6d3+4, 15-20
Full-Attack Full attack +4/+2/+0, Bite 6d3+4, Slam 3d4+2, Slam 3d4+0
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Swallow Whole
Special Qualities Ravenous, Darkvision 180ft, Plushie, Spell Resistance, Blindesense
Saves Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1
Abilities Str 15, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 13
Skills Climb +6, Jump +6, Spot +6
Feats Improved Initiative, Improved grapple, Improved Unarmed Strike
Environment Darkness
Organization Solitary (One)
Challenge Rating 10
TreasureNone
Alignment Usualy Neutral
Advancement By HD, 5 Medium, 6-12 Large, 13-15 Huge
Level Adjustment+6

It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by Domokun. Do you want to QUIT, RESTORE, or RESTART?

Domokuns are a type of Grue, except that Domokuns prefer the lands of oriental descent, where they can be worshiped unto tiny plushie gods. However, most Domokuns tend to give in eventualy and eat somebody.

Swallow Whole (Ex) The Domokun can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Huge or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 2d8+8 points of crushing damage plus 3d8+6 points of acid damage per round from the Domokun's digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 50 points of damage to the Domokun's digestive tract (AC 30). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. The Domokun's gullet can hold 2 Huge, 8 Large, 32 Medium, 128 Small, or 512 Tiny or smaller creatures.

Ravenous (Ex) Domokun's are treated as Colossal when determining the Swallow Whole ability.

Plushie (Ex) A Domokun's fur is soft and fuzzy. Domokun's can use this to negate any cold damage, and also gain a +10 competence bonus to diplomacy checks, if the target is so inclined to fuzzy critters.

Spell Resistance (Su) Domokuns have Spell Resistance equal to 40+HDx2
Blindsense (Ex) Domokuns can pinpoint creatures within a distance of 180 Feet. Opponents the Domokuns can’t actually see still have total concealment against the Domokun.

As a Race
Domokuns can be played as a PC, and have the following Racial Atributes

Size Small
Speed30 Ft
Darkvision60 Ft. Time in the Light has stunted the Domokun's natural Darkvision
Blindsense60 Ft. Time in cities has slowly degraded the Domokun's ability to sense things farther than 60ft.
Natural Attacks Bite 4d3+(1/2HD d3), Slam 2d6(+1/2HD d6)
Plushie (Ex) A Domokun's fur is soft and fuzzy. Domokun's can use this to negate any cold damage, and also gain a +10 competence bonus to diplomacy checks, if the target is so inclined to fuzzy critters.
Racial Atribute Bonuses +2 Strength, +2 Cha, -2 Con, -2 Int
Spell Resistance 10+HDx3. Time in heavily magicized areas causes the Domokun's natural spell resistance to fade.

Swallow Whole (Ex) The Domokun can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Huge or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 2d8+8 points of crushing damage plus 3d8+6 points of acid damage per round from the Domokun's digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 50 points of damage to the Domokun's digestive tract (AC 30). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. The Domokun's gullet can hold 2 Huge, 8 Large, 32 Medium, 128 Small, or 512 Tiny or smaller creatures.

Ravenous (Ex) Domokun's are treated as Colossal when determining the Swallow Whole ability.

Favored Class Barbarian

Solo
2008-01-13, 12:18 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!

Nerd-o-rama
2008-01-13, 12:19 AM
This monster is awesome, but the title is stretching the screen on the main page. You might want to cut out a few a's or put in an arbitrary space in the middle.

Korias
2008-01-13, 12:21 AM
This monster is awesome, but the title is stretching the screen on the main page. You might want to cut out a few a's or put in an arbitrary space in the middle.

Done. That should fix that problem.

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-01-13, 12:29 AM
Blindsense (Ex) Domokuns can pinpoint creatures within a distance of 1 Mile. Opponents the dragon can’t actually see still have total concealment against the dragon.

What? Is it a dragon?

Korias
2008-01-13, 12:31 AM
What? Is it a dragon?

Gah! I copied the text verbatim from the SRD- forgot to change the text to work for the creature. It works now.

TheLogman
2008-01-13, 12:36 AM
I'm not completely familiar with the Meme, but Darkvision out to a Mile? Really? I don't even think it can see that far, Judging from its Spot bonuses.

Korias
2008-01-13, 12:39 AM
I'm not completely familiar with the Meme, but Darkvision out to a Mile? Really? I don't even think it can see that far, Judging from its Spot bonuses.

Thats going on a Mile being the farthest distance you can see on the face of a curved surface the size of the earth.

I should probably change it... Lets say, 180 feet?

Korias
2008-01-13, 10:30 AM
Altered the damage of the Swallow Whole ability.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-01-13, 10:38 AM
One of my friends suggested giving it a bite attack either replacing or in addition to the slams.

Korias
2008-01-13, 10:42 AM
One of my friends suggested giving it a bite attack either replacing or in addition to the slams.

Point. Added.

Adumbration
2008-01-13, 11:03 AM
For some reason that reminds me of this. I have no idea why.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/deminpig/gif/Bunny_Rage.gif

Korias
2008-01-13, 11:18 AM
The rayman bunnies and Domokun do have similar qualities. Especialy the shouting.

Korias
2008-01-14, 12:41 PM
Added section for Playing a Domokun as a PC.

Green and Red
2008-01-14, 01:59 PM
Not sure if im right, but you give him an ability that makes him collosal for the swallow whole. shouldnt he be able to swallow gargantuans then?

From the srd:

Unless otherwise noted, the opponent can be up to one size category smaller than the swallowing creature.

I know it says "unless otherwise noted", but then why bother with the colossal-making at all? as of now the ability has no practical effect exept maybe for the grapple check to swallow(and im not sure there), but i dont think its ever going to win thegrapple to get a hold against anything huge or so anyway...

Maybe you meant it for the grapple, but then it is worded a bit unclear

EDIT: i just checked and as it is you need to hold an opponent with your mouth to use SW, but for that you need improved grab, which this guy dosent have. So the ability is propably completly unusable
Ok forget that, as you word the ability you can use it (i assume you mean "grappled", not grabbed)

blakyoshi7
2008-01-14, 02:24 PM
I don't see an LA.

I'm pretty sure that's kinda important.

Korias
2008-01-14, 04:03 PM
LA +6. Says so in the Monster stat block.

Debihuman
2008-01-15, 01:18 AM
Just to note: It's attacks are weird. It should have a Bite and 2 slam attacks (why the 2 slams are different isn't clear). Moreover, since it doesn't have the multiattack feat, its secondary attack is at a -5 penalty (not -2).

A second attack is gained when a base attack bonus reaches +6. This creature cannot make additional attacks though it can attack with its bite and both of its slams since those are all natural attacks.

As I see it: creature should have attack as follows

Attack: Bite +7 melee (6d3+2) and Slam +2 melee (3d4+2)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (6d3+2) and 2 Slams +2 melee (3d4+2)

+4 Base +2 for Str +1 for size = +7 melee and +2 melee for secondary attack.

It gets its full strength bonus to its bite attack and to its slam attack.

Are you certain that it should do 6d3 points of damage on a bite? That seems pretty excessive.

Debby

GoC
2008-01-15, 02:01 PM
Umm...
Is it finished?
It looks like it's size, AC, HD, BAB, saves, Grapple and stats belonged to the monster you copied from the SRD.
At the moment it's nowhere near CR 10. 29 hp? Come on!
Currently it's more a CR 5 save or die trap.
How come it's stomach has more hp than it's entire body? And has a higher AC?

Korias
2008-01-15, 08:57 PM
DebiHuman

Well, The fluff behind the creature is that it eats you as soon as it finds you. A High Bite damage is neccessary to signify that your going to die.
The math, I'm just not good with. I'll do some recalculations though.
GoC- Err... I didnt copy from an SRD. Just the wording for the Swallow Whole and Blindsense abilities.

CR is also more than just HP. Its a compolation of its abilities and qualities. As is, its got an uber high spell resistance, can see inthe dark, eat multiple things and have it hard to get out. Sure, its easy to kill, but these guys usualy get first hit and eat you.

GoC
2008-01-16, 09:05 AM
GoC- Err... I didnt copy from an SRD. Just the wording for the Swallow Whole and Blindsense abilities.
Sorry, I generaly copy a monster from the SRD to get the format right and then rewrite it.

CR is also more than just HP. Its a compolation of its abilities and qualities. As is, its got an uber high spell resistance, can see inthe dark, eat multiple things and have it hard to get out. Sure, its easy to kill, but these guys usualy get first hit and eat you.

The problem is that it's low grapple means it will often fail to grab anyone, it's low hp means that the fighter one-shots it, it's lack of ranks in move silently and hide (and the fact that light is a first level spell that can easily be made permanent) mean it's never going to be able to sneak up on someone. All in all it's just free xp to a 10th level party.
I'd also like to know how it's stomach AC is so high, it'd have to have a natural armor of 25!
From a balance point of view it's ridiculous!

It also doesn't make sense that a godslaying wizard wouldn't be able to hurt it. If you want to make it immune to spells give it the golem spell immunity instead of very high spell resistance. The former makes sense, the latter doesn't.

FlyMolo
2008-01-16, 10:58 PM
This is so cool.

I would so play a domokun in my next campaign if I could get away with it. :smallbiggrin:

It's a little weak for it's CR, I guess. I don't play much at 10th level.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-10, 01:09 AM
I agree, you need to tweak the-getting-out-of-its-stomach thing. And SR. Maybe 10+Cha modifier, because it is so cute. Nice job though.