PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Music

Thamir
2008-01-13, 02:59 AM
I am running a dark moody campaign set in sharn with forays into the world of pulp adventure and I was wondering whether you could help me design a soundtrack.

Theli
2008-01-13, 03:22 AM
Erk...

You do know that the City of Towers: Sharn Eberron Supplement comes with a CD of music, right?

Ok, it's not all supposed to be related to Sharn, but still...

PlatinumJester
2008-01-13, 07:16 AM
The Grand Duel by Ennio Moricone
The Demise of Barbara and the Return of Joe by Ennio Moricone
The Twised Nerve Theme
The Duel of Fates - Star Wars soundtrack
Montagues and Capulets by Sergei Prokofiev
Orochimaru Theme by Toshiro Masuda
Evening by Toshiro Masuda
The Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Moricone
Obokuri Eeumi by Ikue Asazaki
Song of Stroms - Ocarina of Time soundtrack
Saria's Song - Ocarina of Time Soundtrack
Temple of Time theme - Ocarina of Time Soundtrack

Not all of this is appropriate for a dark, moody campaign but oh well.

shadow_archmagi
2008-01-13, 08:54 AM
I hum Zelda's Lullaby sometimes.

I'm glad someone else listens to OOT music.

Ashes
2008-01-13, 10:39 AM
Hmm, I just have a playlist consisting of various sorts of doom, folk and power metal. Works fine for us. But the Sharn cd has some wonderful tracks.

PlatinumJester
2008-01-13, 11:26 AM
I hum Zelda's Lullaby sometimes.

I'm glad someone else listens to OOT music.

I always whistle the Song of Storms but Zelda's Lullaby is also pretty immense though neither are as cool as Saria's Song.

Do, do, doo, do, do doo, do da do da doo do da do da doo

Project_Mayhem
2008-01-13, 12:46 PM
Ennio Moricone

Didnt he do some of the Kill Bill soundtrack?

UglyPanda
2008-01-13, 02:02 PM
Iron Man by Black Sabbath. :smallbiggrin:

Iku Rex
2008-01-13, 02:04 PM
Dark and moody? Blade Runner soundtrack.
Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJrOVLEUBgw .

For dramatic battle music, I suggest the Van Helsing soundtrack.
Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi85p0XZBP8 .

I also like the Halo theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_erkKCc4Vw .

illathid
2008-01-13, 02:33 PM
Didnt he do some of the Kill Bill soundtrack?

He's an Italian composer noted for creating the scores to Sergio Leone's spaghetti western films (like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly). Some of those songs were used in the Kill Bill soundtrack.

Drascin
2008-01-13, 03:18 PM
I had already started suggesting things, but then I noticed the "moody" part... my soundtracks (mostly out of games and such - no, shadow_archmagi, you're not the only one who goes through life humming Zelda's Lullaby) are mostly for either dynamic feeling, respite, pre-battle tension, or pure epic, as my campaign is a very high-powered search for the pieces of an item that might very well save or damn all of Khorvaire (and most of all non-Argonnessen Eberron, in fact). So I don't think I can help. Sorry

seedjar
2008-01-13, 06:10 PM
For my groups Eberron game, I've pulled tracks from Herbie Hancock, Manu Chao, Deep Forest, Al Hirt, the Gorillaz, Cabaret Voltaire, Velvet Underground and Brian Eno. I like stuff off of the Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels soundtrack, as well as the Samurai Champloo and Read Or Die sountracks. When I'm putting music together for our sessions I try to pick things that are distinct and evocative, but not too attention-grabbing. I like to go for instrumental arrangements or things in languages no one in my group speaks, to avoid a verbal distraction, and for similar reasons I try to avoid things my group will recognize and begin discussing. Also, if you're going for a specific dark overtone, try to use some lighter tracks as counterpoint to your theme; if you can, work out a way to move between the two modes so that you can use the contrast at appropriate moments in the game. You might also consider looking for an ambient sound generator that gives you a good sound for your purposes; it doesn't have to be music if all you're trying to do is set the mood.
~Joe

Thamir
2008-01-14, 09:45 PM
The Grand Duel by Ennio Moricone
The Demise of Barbara and the Return of Joe by Ennio Moricone
The Twised Nerve Theme
The Duel of Fates - Star Wars soundtrack
Montagues and Capulets by Sergei Prokofiev
Orochimaru Theme by Toshiro Masuda
Evening by Toshiro Masuda
The Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Moricone
Obokuri Eeumi by Ikue Asazaki
Song of Stroms - Ocarina of Time soundtrack
Saria's Song - Ocarina of Time Soundtrack
Temple of Time theme - Ocarina of Time Soundtrack

Not all of this is appropriate for a dark, moody campaign but oh well.

Greatest video game music ever OOT thanks guys! How about Dies Irae from Motzart's Requiem?