PDA

View Full Version : John Constantine VS Batman

Zencao
2008-01-13, 07:51 AM
Looks like a little wit vs wit showdown here :P

Fight takes place in Scotland, no human allies for either.

24 Hours preparation, each gets a moderate amount of Intel on the other, for example they both know what each other look like, batman knows how tricky Constantine is and of his occult links but nothing specific, and Constantine knows about batman almost unlimited resources.

FIGHT!

Piedmon_Sama
2008-01-22, 01:30 AM
John Constantine sits in a bar in Glasgow and wonders what to do. He broods about how rediculous characters are always trying to kill him for no good reason. It seems to be his lot for life.

Then Batman bursts in through a window and punches him. Scene.

kpenguin
2008-01-22, 01:59 AM
Constantine isn't a very good fighter. Straight up, he loses.

Seraph
2008-01-22, 06:39 AM
Batman sits in the batcave, preparing various pieces of equipment and brushing up on recent magical protections for an upcoming battle. An Archdevil rises out of the floor and pulls batman down into hell. scene.

Tirian
2008-01-22, 11:41 AM
That's probably closer, but it still gives Batman too much influence. He's a strategist and a tech wizard and a master of disguise and on good days he's the best unarmed fighter in the world, but that's really it. He does poorly when he takes on magic or the occult unless those forces have an obvious weakness (like, say, Dracula). John Constantine's weakness is that two of his friends will die in the course of him beating his opponent, which would be hard for Batman to exploit.

If it were up to me, I'd change the rules, because it would be interesting to see a Constantine-style story where John is forced to oppose Batman in Gotham City. One of the major subtexts in DC canon is that GC is possessed, so it would be interesting to explore what John would learn concerning its demons and their affinity to Batman.

Piedmon_Sama
2008-01-22, 12:49 PM
John Constantine's a citizen of the UK. He may live "off the grid," but Batman is the world's best detective. He's faced tougher nuts before. I say Wayne would find John before he could perform any ritual magic and then punch him out, thus "winning" their inane duel.

I mean, if he actually tried to hold Constantine it would be impossible, but you just wanted to know who'd win in a fight. :p

turkishproverb
2008-01-22, 02:39 PM
That's probably closer, but it still gives Batman too much influence. He's a strategist and a tech wizard and a master of disguise and on good days he's the best unarmed fighter in the world, but that's really it. He does poorly when he takes on magic or the occult unless those forces have an obvious weakness (like, say, Dracula). John Constantine's weakness is that two of his friends will die in the course of him beating his opponent, which would be hard for Batman to exploit.

If it were up to me, I'd change the rules, because it would be interesting to see a Constantine-style story where John is forced to oppose Batman in Gotham City. One of the major subtexts in DC canon is that GC is possessed, so it would be interesting to explore what John would learn concerning its demons and their affinity to Batman.

Actually, from what I recall reading, that would be priceless because you'd end up in a Pirates 3 situation.

Basically, on a metaphysical level, gotham survives on the hope and will created by the presence of armed vigilante's in the city.

So Constantine would basically discover the sheer force of psychotic will batman has/helps generate is what is holding that city together metaphysically, even if he is not aware of it, and that taking him out would frag the whole town.