PDA

View Full Version : newbie looking for tabletop rpg group

bierdan
2008-01-13, 11:55 AM
hey,

i'm new to this type of roleplaying tabletop gaming, and i would like to experience it first-hand in an understanding tolerant group. i'm currently in Perth, (south of the river) in Western Australia, and was hoping there would be a group of gamers out there willing to teach me all about the tabletop gaming genre. i have grasped a minimal amount but unfortunately i know noone who is into this sort of thing. it would be awesome if i was to be introduced to people who were into this sort of thing so that i may learn about it and gain knowledge on the aspects of non-pc rpgs.

looking forward to replies,
Bierdan

Ulrichomega
2008-01-13, 12:06 PM
Your best bet would be to find your local game store (if you have one, but big city, you should). Just talk to the owner or someone else, and see if you can get a good lead on a group for your likes and such. There should be enough in a big city that there's one for you. I live in a small city, and there are still many groups.

bierdan
2008-01-13, 12:20 PM
thanks for the advice, i'll ask around next time im in the city (i.e. 50 years from now - i hate travelling to the city :P). any specific shop i should go to (anyone in perth), as im certain theres quite a few. otherwise i guess i'll visit a few at a time and find what im looking for

regards - Bierdan

mystikphish
2008-01-13, 03:57 PM
hey,

i'm new to this type of roleplaying tabletop gaming, and i would like to experience it first-hand in an understanding tolerant group. i'm currently in Perth, (south of the river) in Western Australia, and was hoping there would be a group of gamers out there willing to teach me all about the tabletop gaming genre. i have grasped a minimal amount but unfortunately i know noone who is into this sort of thing. it would be awesome if i was to be introduced to people who were into this sort of thing so that i may learn about it and gain knowledge on the aspects of non-pc rpgs.

looking forward to replies,
Bierdan

Meetup.com is your friend. I find it works very well for hooking up with other gamers. Just a few minutes on the site turned up a Perth Dungeons and Dragons Meetup Group (http://dnd.meetup.com/1123/?gj=sj6)

Good luck!

Metal Head
2008-01-13, 05:20 PM
If you're willing then fly all the way to Boston and play D&D with my group! (I will not pay for tickets)

Crucifer
2008-01-15, 09:56 PM
Meetup.com is your friend. I find it works very well for hooking up with other gamers. Just a few minutes on the site turned up a Perth Dungeons and Dragons Meetup Group (http://dnd.meetup.com/1123/?gj=sj6)

Good luck!

Hi Bierdan

As a member of the Perth Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group, I thought I should say a few words here...

First of all, we're a new group and have formed in just the last few weeks so that we can meet up and play all sorts of roleplaying and board games. At the moment, we have one full team of players all meeting up for a D&D campaign running every week. I am trying to organise a second group which will be running once every 2 weeks as some players can't commit to a schedule of meeting every week.

Public meets will be held at Tactics (London Court, St Georges Terrace end), an rpg/wargames shop as it has a basement area with tables and chairs for free use, private sessions will not be advertised on the board.

The Meetup group comprises players of all experience levels in terms of involvement with roleplaying games. Some have had years of experience but have not played for awhile, some have never played at all and want to see what all the fuss is about. One or two of us have never stopped playing but various circumstances have pushed us to look for new players/friends in Perth.

The best way to get involved is to sign up on meetups at http://dnd.meetup.com/1123/ - its all free. Hope to see you there,

Crucifer