PDA

View Full Version : A Question Regarding Post Length

Inspectre
2008-01-13, 02:59 PM
I am a relative newcomer to these boards, so if the answer to the below question is posted elsewhere I apologize.

I am planning on starting a role-playing thread up very soon, but I seem to have run into some difficulty. When I attempted to start a new thread and post the introductory post, I got an error. It seems that my introductory post was over the 50,000 character limit of these boards. :smalleek:

Now in this situation, what should I do? I do not believe that I can edit the intro post down to a sufficient length to get it under the 50,000 character limit. So what are my options here?

I know that double-posting is very strongly frowned upon here, but spliting the intro post up into two relatively equal segments and posting them one after the other is the only idea I've had for a solution. :smallfrown: Any suggestions?

Raistlin1040
2008-01-13, 03:00 PM
Double post. People do it for stuff like that, and it's usually OK.

Inspectre
2008-01-13, 03:07 PM
Ok. Thank you for the swift reply! Should a moderator have an issue with it I will be sure to change things around immediately. Thanks again!

ufo
2008-01-13, 03:07 PM
I agree. For things like that, no one is really bothered with double posting. I commend you making a 50,000 character post, though. Good job.

EDIT: Ninja'd by OP.

Rawhide
2008-01-13, 03:52 PM
Double posting because of character limits is ok. The limit is there because huge posts can cause problems with databases.