PDA

View Full Version : how do i get a little figure next to my name?

sune
2008-01-13, 05:04 PM
well that pretty much explains it all... was it something that i do when i sing up?

Madmal
2008-01-13, 05:06 PM
little..figure? like what?

RTGoodman
2008-01-13, 05:09 PM
Are you talking about an avatar? (Like the triceratops that I have?)

If so, look to the top right part of the page you're on, and there's a thing that says "Quick Links." Click that, go down to "Edit Options," and then scroll down to the bottom.

From there, you should be able to click the bubble beside "Order of the Stick Avatar" and then pick one from the drop-down list. Just pick one, save the changes and look at your profile or posts to view it.

Gem Flower
2008-01-13, 05:15 PM
You mean an avatar? If so, first you go to the Arts and Crafts section. Then go to the Request an Avatar section and put up a post describing what you want your avatar to look like. If one of the artists take it, they should give you a web address when the avatar is done. After that, I'm a little fuzzy as how to describe it. I'm sure someone else can do this better than me. Oh, I forgot. This is for if you want a custom avatar.

sune
2008-01-13, 05:18 PM
wheres the arts and crafts section?

Gem Flower
2008-01-13, 05:20 PM
Wait, what? You've got an avatar. Oh well. Answer to your question, you go to Giant in the Playground Forums (link at top of page) and scroll down. You'll see it.

Sneak
2008-01-13, 05:27 PM
How are you able to find Friendly Banter but not Arts and Crafts? All it requires is a little scrolling. :smallconfused:

Ah, well, it seems the situation has already been rectified. I guess I'm not needed. :smallsigh:

sune
2008-01-13, 06:31 PM
yes i got an avatar but i want a custom... thx :smallsmile:

sune
2008-01-13, 06:42 PM
by the way... do they draw the thing (so like i can get a anime thing) or what?

Haruki-kun
2008-01-13, 06:46 PM
by the way... do they draw the thing (so like i can get a anime thing) or what?

They'll draw you an OOTS-style avatar, but you can use an Animé one too.

Ceska
2008-01-13, 06:48 PM
You go to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589&page=226) and post your request if you want an OOTS styled one. Or ask the avatar god above you.

Or alternatively you go to the Erfworld one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66569&page=2) and ask there for an Erfworld style one.

As for how you get it, you tick the custom option, then copy paste the link of your avatar and put in the correct width and height. Like here:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t259/von_Kornberg/Avatarchange.jpg

Sneak
2008-01-13, 06:50 PM
You can technically ask for whatever you want in whatever style you want, but there's no guarantee that someone'll do it for you.

sune
2008-01-13, 06:51 PM
so how would i get a anime one?:smallconfused:

sune
2008-01-13, 06:52 PM
o i c... thx for all the help

Serpentine
2008-01-13, 06:55 PM
You can put in just some random picture you find on the internet, I think, as long as you have the URL - it'd probably be good manners to host it yourself, on Photobucket or whatever.
As said, there's an OOTS avatar request page and an Erfworld. A request for something other than these would probably be worthy of its own thread. Be polite.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-13, 07:01 PM
Another thing you can do is send a PM to somebody and specifically ask them for an avatar. If you can find somebody with talent willing to do this, it can ensure a higher quality avvie.

Tarnag40k
2008-01-13, 07:38 PM
You can put in just some random picture you find on the internet, I think, as long as you have the URL - it'd probably be good manners to host it yourself, on Photobucket or whatever.
As said, there's an OOTS avatar request page and an Erfworld. A request for something other than these would probably be worthy of its own thread. Be polite.

Actually it is a good idea to host it yourself, period. My old avatar was gone because I had it coming from the url:// of the page that the person who made it for me was hosting it on. After he left the avatar and whole page was gone.

My current one is hosted by myself, even though ceika made it and probably has it hosted on his/her own page somewhere.