PDA

View Full Version : My favorite character

Talya
2008-01-13, 06:54 PM
Edit: forgot link to character sheet.

For two years I've been a player in a live (non-pbp) game. We started at level 4, and are currently level 14. While I've made a lot of other characters, none have felt so real to me. She has more personality and growth potential from a fluff standpoint than anything else I've ever tried.

Forgotten Realms setting
Nara Aesera Nahid (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=1001)
Nara was a harem girl in a Pasha's palace outside the bustling metropolis of Calimport. Her striking, fiery red hair was almost unheard of among those of Calishiite ancestry, but it was correctly surmised that the girl likely had Efreeti or Genaasi blood in her lineage. When Pasha Jhozim el Fadeel saw the young child with the fiery hair, he knew he had to have her for his own harem, and so the purchase was made.

Growing up in a harem provided Nara with ample opportunities to enhance her social skills and performing arts, as well as religious traning from the Sunite Headmistress Cassindra, but what surprised nobody was how magic came to her so naturally. Nobody understood to what extent, though, until the bugbear raiding party fought its way into the harem looking for the Pasha's blood. They received a warm welcome...warmer than they expected by far when flames burst from 17 year old Nara's hands, incinerating the lot of them. Nara received her freedom from the grateful Pasha in exchange for her act.

House rules in creation: DM granted spontaneous casters +1 spell per spell level, with the caveat that the extra spell HAD to come from a forgotten realms based source.

Mobility requirement for PRC was substituted for "Harem Trained" regional feat.

Bardic Weapon Proficiency: Longsword was substituted for Weapon Proficiency: Scimitar due to her Calishiite (Arabic) heritage.

The non-optimal bard multiclass allowed getting into the PrC early (skills and whip proficiency), as well as giving her some divine-like healing ability. The class has a very divine flavor for a sorceror.

Complete Champion and PHBII were not available when we started and the DM hasn't allowed them yet, so some other flavorful additions might have been useful that she doesn't have.

http://www.rorinthas.com/images/nara.jpg

SurlySeraph
2008-01-13, 09:17 PM
I've noticed that most of your characters seem to worship Sune. Most of your characters also seem to have very high Charisma and an inimical relationship with clothing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :smallwink:

Talya
2008-01-13, 09:20 PM
I've noticed that most of your characters seem to worship Sune. Most of your characters also seem to have very high Charisma and an inimical relationship with clothing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :smallwink:

Only this one. Also my theoretical "Vow of Nudity" sunite, but she only existed thanks to the one above.

See, if you play a charisma based spellcaster, the Heartwarder class (which requires you to worship Sune) is golden for you. Full caster progression, +5 charisma over 10 levels, Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Focus (enchantment), two good saves, 3/4 BAB. Compared to what a sorceror normally gets as they level up (which is, uh...nothing other than their spells?)

My normal character is a melee-type, not a spellcaster. Nara is the only pure caster I've ever played. (I do have a bard of eilistraee in another game.)

Crow
2008-01-13, 09:20 PM
I miss your pot-bellied dancer avatar....

Not really. Who drew that picture (the huge dancer)?

Talya
2008-01-13, 09:28 PM
I miss your pot-bellied dancer avatar....

Yeah, I like the OotS style of it, but lots of others are using it and I start reading a post wondering when I wrote it before I realize it's someone else using the same avatar as me.

Not really. Who drew that picture (the huge dancer)?

I got it from a guy I'm playing the game with. He did some customizing of it for me, but I'm sure he got it from somewhere else. (Someday, i'm sure someone will end up claiming copyright on it...but whoever made it didn't see fit to sign it.)

Saph
2008-01-13, 09:47 PM
Hee. Sounds fun. It's really nice when a character takes on a life of their own like that. Although I don't think I'd ever do a very good job roleplaying a character as over-the-top sexy as that. :)

Beautiful picture, by the way. I really like it.

- Saph

Kompera
2008-01-13, 10:10 PM
It's a very nice piece of artwork. But.....does the high charisma really go with the clawed, three fingered hands?

wadledo
2008-01-13, 10:55 PM
It's a very nice piece of artwork. But.....does the high charisma really go with the clawed, three fingered hands?

I thought something was off.
And great character, I especially like the familiar for some reason.
Squirrels!

Talya
2008-01-13, 11:34 PM
I thought something was off.
And great character, I especially like the familiar for some reason.
Squirrels!

Sugar Gliders are NOT squirrels! They're technically marsupials...more closely related to possums and kangaroos than squirrels. They do glide like a flying squirrel, though. :)

it's irrelevant, with my gear, but when I picked it, the DM said it granted a familiar bonus when close to me of being able to fall/jump an extra 10' without it counting as part of the fall/jump.

Kompera
2008-01-13, 11:41 PM
deleted duplicate

wadledo
2008-01-13, 11:50 PM
Sugar Gliders are NOT squirrels! They're technically marsupials...more closely related to possums and kangaroos than squirrels. They do glide like a flying squirrel, though. :)

it's irrelevant, with my gear, but when I picked it, the DM said it granted a familiar bonus when close to me of being able to fall/jump an extra 10' without it counting as part of the fall/jump.

Noted.
And still, NEEEEEEEEEEEEE!:smallbiggrin:
Small fuzzy things with big tails!

Prophaniti
2008-01-14, 10:14 AM
Yeah, it's nice when a character becomes more than just stats on paper. I had a character in my last campaign that I always wished would do that, but never seemed to. Despite the fact that I liked the character concept and had a good background developed, they became boring to play. Not sure why, they were effective in combat, useful the few times we had social interaction... Just never came to life for me.

smart thog
2008-03-17, 05:47 PM
could you put in the feats/spells/prestige classes that are'nt in the PHB up here? I have a friend who needs to see this.

Talya
2008-03-17, 06:05 PM
could you put in the feats/spells/prestige classes that are'nt in the PHB up here? I have a friend who needs to see this.

That'd be a copyright violation. However, I can direct you someplace to get a legal summary of them (it lacks a lot of detail).

That should be fairly up to date.
http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php

smart thog
2008-03-17, 08:38 PM
That'd be a copyright violation. However, I can direct you someplace to get a legal summary of them (it lacks a lot of detail).

That should be fairly up to date.
http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php

That seems like WAY to much info the wade through, maybe you could just summerize the effects up here?

Chronicled
2008-03-17, 10:37 PM
It's not very difficult to find things in Crystalkeep, as they have it very well organized. I know all the feats at least are listed alphabetically, by source, and by type.

It's not very tricky to find a word in a dictionary, is it? Same concept here.

Gralamin
2008-03-17, 10:47 PM
Most feats can be found here (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/datafind/feats.shtml)

smart thog
2008-03-23, 02:45 PM
but can't she just summarize their effects? thats legal.

Talya
2008-03-23, 03:19 PM
but can't she just summarize their effects? thats legal.

You want me to practically summarize my entire character? :)

That'll take a while. I'll put somethiing together later.

smart thog
2008-03-23, 03:33 PM
You want me to practically summarize my entire character? :)

That'll take a while. I'll put something together later.

Just the stuff thats not core