PDA

View Full Version : Druid Gear

Crow
2008-01-13, 08:17 PM
I've been scouring the SRD (zip file, because websense blocks the hypertext one) but I can't find this;

What happens to all the gear a Druid is wearing/carrying when they Wildshape?

blue_fenix
2008-01-13, 08:21 PM
I've been scouring the SRD (zip file, because websense blocks the hypertext one) but I can't find this;

What happens to all the gear a Druid is wearing/carrying when they Wildshape?

It is absorbed into their new form and becomes non-functional. When they revert to normal form, the gear returns to normal too. There are various methods and items designed to circumvent this, such as Wilding Clasp and <armor> Of The Wild.

Metal Head
2008-01-13, 08:30 PM
What blue fenix said, but with this small comment. There's some armor ability in Complete Divine that lets it stay on you and change with you when you wild shape. Essentially, you can play a bear wearing hide armor.

Crow
2008-01-13, 08:46 PM
I have noticed the "Wild" ability that you can tack onto armor. So if a Druid is packing stat enhancers, they basically absorb in and become non-functional as long as they are in animal form, and something like boots of teleportation don't allow them to teleport then either, right? If the Druid has inherant bonuses, do these still affect the animal form?

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-13, 09:10 PM
Inherent boni from those tomes and wishes are retained.

On the side note, anything you wear *after* you wild shape will fall to the ground when you switch out of the form.

martyboy74
2008-01-13, 09:25 PM
However, many forms can still wear the gear that you have anyways, which is a (small) part of the brokenness of Polymorph.

/\ 'Boni' is not a word! It is 'bonuses'! 'Bonuses', I tell you!

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-01-13, 09:43 PM
Boni should be a word!

And i've always viewed the Wild ability as it still melted into you, but you still got the bonus.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-13, 09:48 PM
However, many forms can still wear the gear that you have anyways, which is a (small) part of the brokenness of Polymorph.

/\ 'Boni' is not a word! It is 'bonuses'! 'Bonuses', I tell you!

Octopi

Darn! :smallannoyed:

Saph
2008-01-13, 09:49 PM
Yeah. Technically, this means if you're wearing a Wisdom-boosting item and you wild shape, you're supposed to lose the extra prepared spells. I can never keep track, so I don't do it, but . . .

- Saph

seedjar
2008-01-13, 11:03 PM
Wild armor melds with your form but still grants a bonus to AC (in the form of a natural armor bonus, I think.) It doesn't grant any other bonuses you wouldn't normally retain under wild shape, if I recall correctly. Beastskin armor actually changes into appropriately-sized barding when you change shapes. One's Complete Divine, and one is... Complete Adventurer? Too lazy to dig through the pile 'o' books.
~Joe

de-trick
2008-01-13, 11:27 PM
Just a side question to you take weight penalties for your equipment eg at a max load turn into a bird and dont take any minuses

seedjar
2008-01-14, 12:07 AM
I don't see why it would... you can become smaller, and presumably lighter, by using wild shape, and the equipment becomes non-functional, so I would think it would have no effect on your weight. Would certainly throw a wrench in my preferred druid builds if it did... I like treasure.
~Joe