PDA

View Full Version : Druid PHB2 Attacks

TheWixster
2008-01-13, 10:10 PM
Hello there everyone :)

I'm running a Druid in a campaign that is currently going on. I am using both the Spontaneous Rejuvenation AND the Shapeshift variants found in the Player's Handbook 2, and I have a question about the Shapeshift variant.

At 8th Level, the Shapeshift variant gives the druid "Ferocious Slayer Form", which gives the druid a "Primary Bite Attack for 1d8 damage" and two "Secondary Claw Attacks for 1d6 damage each". My question pertains to the ability to use my primary attack and my two secondary attacks in a round. Do I use a full attack method and take a -5 to all secondary attacks (Monster's Manual 3.5 page 6) and by doing so give myself an opportunity to use all my attacks, or am I just able to use my regular Druid attack bonus method, taking one attack at BaB +6 and one at BaB +1, thus leaving one attack unused?

If I haven't already asked enough questions, here's one more to frost the cake :)

Can one use a Standard action and THEN a Move action? Or can Move actions only go before Standard actions?

Thanks for any help you can give, and please ask for clarification if the questions are a bit stuffy... which they might be :(

wadledo
2008-01-13, 10:44 PM
1) No, you use the +6 for the primary attack, and both secondary attacks a +1(from the -5).
2) The problem with using a move after a standard is if you're attacking, you are subject to an AoO. But only if you threaten space and move, so other than that, yes.

TheWixster
2008-01-13, 11:35 PM
1. So I CAN use all 3 attacks? even though at 8th level i only have a +6/+1 BaB?
2. Thanks :smallsmile:

wadledo
2008-01-13, 11:53 PM
Creatures do not receive additional attacks from a high base attack bonus when using natural weapons. The number of attacks a creature can make with its natural weapons depends on the type of the attack—generally, a creature can make one bite attack, one attack per claw or tentacle, one gore attack, one sting attack, or one slam attack (although Large creatures with arms or arm-like limbs can make a slam attack with each arm).

When a creature has more than one natural weapon, one of them (or sometimes a pair or set of them) is the primary weapon. All the creature’s remaining natural weapons are secondary.

The primary weapon is given in the creature’s Attack entry, and the primary weapon or weapons is given first in the creature’s Full Attack entry. A creature’s primary natural weapon is its most effective natural attack, usually by virtue of the creature’s physiology, training, or innate talent with the weapon. An attack with a primary natural weapon uses the creature’s full attack bonus. Attacks with secondary natural weapons are less effective and are made with a -5 penalty on the attack roll, no matter how many there are.
Your answer.