PDA

View Full Version : Symbionts

Admiral Squish
2008-01-14, 12:11 AM
I just bought the Eberron Campaign Setting, as I've mentioned, and in it, I noticed the symbionts. Now, to my mind, this is one of the coolest ideas ever. However, there's only three, here. I was wondering if you forum-crawlers could direct me to more.

RTGoodman
2008-01-14, 12:53 AM
I'm not an expert on Eberron and my roommate (who is, but isn't in) doesn't have all his books here, so here's a question - are symbionts the same as grafts?

If so, I'm pretty sure that there's more in Magic of Eberron and maybe Explorer's Handbook.

If not, I have no idea. Sorry.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-14, 12:54 AM
There are a few more symbionts in Magic of Eberron.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-01-14, 10:22 AM
There are Fiendish Symbiotes in the Fiend Folio.

Metal Head
2008-01-14, 10:46 AM
There's something very similar called undead grafts in Libris Mortis which lets you attach undead body parts to yourself.

Admiral Squish
2008-01-14, 11:45 AM
There's something very similar called undead grafts in Libris Mortis which lets you attach undead body parts to yourself.

And there's dragon grafts in races of dragon. However, those can't be taken off, no matter how hard you try. Symbionts are more like cooperative biological horrors. They discourage you taking them off, but don't make it impossible.

Jimp
2008-01-14, 12:00 PM

Lords of Madness also has a large grafts section and a grafting Prc IIRC.

Do symbionts work like the Mother Cyst feat from Libris Mortis?