PDA

View Full Version : Real world, twisted.

Archangel Yuki
2008-01-14, 12:17 AM
Ok, I am currently thinking up running a campain that is basically my players, only suddendly endowed with Power. I don't really want to use d20 moderns Psionics/Magic rules, as they seem a little weak. I will be ganking some of the powers though, and using the d20 modern rules and such.

Can you guys give me ideas on generating stats, and some potiental villians?

Satyr
2008-01-14, 02:56 AM
Witchcraft (http://www.edenstudios.net/witchcraft/WitchcraftCorebook.zip) is a free accessible, very well made modern RPG about powered people. And demons. And speaking cats. And rosicrucians.
Perhaps it can help you.

Plots: Conspiracies and secret societies are pretty much bread and butter in such a setting. A shadow war between the diffewrent fractions of the others are great.

Try to get the Nochnoi Dozor movie (I think it is called Nightwatch or something similar in English) - a Russian trilogy about the Others who live in modern Moskow.

Villains: Other lodges, secret societies, etc. Demons. The Elder Gods. The goverment conspiracy agents. Old ghosts - there are only a few better villains than the ghost of Cecil Rhodes or Helmuth Graf von Moltke. Fairy tale and mystical creatures. Zombies. (Everything is better with Zombies).

Tips: Don't use D20. never found out how this quite rigid game system should fit into a much more flexible modern background. Try something like Witchcraft or Gurps instead. It's much more flexible and leaves you more flexibility.

Altair_the_Vexed
2008-01-14, 01:31 PM
I concur, d20 isn't necessarily what you want ... but if you're used to it, and your players are comfortable with it, then look at Monte Cook's World of Darkness for d20.
It's a self-contained rule book, but you might want to start your mates out using the d20 modern game, until they get their awesome powers.

Archangel Yuki
2008-01-14, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the game rules ideas. although, I miust confess I have no idea what Witchcraft or Gurps is.

I might end up using World of Darkness, as I have access to a large amount of books via a friend.

jindra34
2008-01-14, 06:26 PM
Gurps is a 3d6 system designed to be able to handle any genre or world type.