PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of Your Avatar - Dungeon Squad - finding the pirates

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 05:00 AM
This thread is for those who are playing 'The Adventures of Your Avatar', and are going off to find the pirates rather than staying at the camp.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-14, 05:46 AM
MrE follows those heading for the pirates camp to the beach, where they will turn left.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 09:04 AM
Leaving Koga and Ichneumon to try and get some sleep, MrE, Altharis and Jarlsberg, Rotheld, Lars, and 'Zom' leave the village, and try to follow the path.

The contents of Lars' backpack clink like a cat's bell in the darkness.

It's not that easy to tell the difference between trail and jungle.

rockdeworld
2008-01-14, 10:53 AM
Being used to this sort of thing as an explorer, Rock confidently follows the trail through the darkness, keeping his eyes focused on the trail to avoid losing his way and going off it, until he comes to the beach.

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-14, 11:31 AM
"Do you have a name?"

The undead pondered the question while following Rock, slipping out of the cloak and handing it to its original owner. Slowly, carefully, still trying to make the peices of memory come together, he spoke.

"Do you still have a name, after your death? Does it really matter, when it's all ended, who you were? I... I don't remember much. I guess I had a name when I lived, but I cannot remember. I don't remember much. Edward, my creator, is not of much help in the matter, he found me dead somewhere, on the side of a road. I think I was a slave or a prisonner, when I lived, because the only things I can remember... just feelings mind you, not real memories... were pain, sorrow, hunger, cold, sickness, and tiredness... so much tired..."

The zombie stared at the sky for a while, his mind a bit hazy, as it always was, as if in a state of half-slumber.

"... I guess that's why I had no problem adaptating to this state, because I cannot remember the good side of living, and you cannot miss what you know nothing of, can you? I never felt hatred for the living, which is what an undead is supposed to feel, right? In fact, sometimes, I feel pity for them. Weird, isn't it?"

Mordokai
2008-01-14, 04:06 PM
Overhearing Rock's and zombie's conversation, Lars pops in.

"You are truly interesting undead. Well, you're interesting just by merely being able to speak and not eating others people brain on spot. But what you just said... it intrigues me. And it makes me feel sorry for you. Nobody should be treated like this. I wish it was in my power to somehow help you. Alas, I can think of nothing that I can do for you."

Moving ahead, Lars looks like he is deep in thoughts. Whether he is thinking about Lania or the talk he has just witnessed is hard to say.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-14, 04:10 PM
The wizard listens to the undead speak.
"...Yes, I found you, dead, along the road somewhere. You were totally dead when I got there, I didn't poke you with a pitchfork or anything to make sure. Nope, did no such thing"

((I guess this is one of those cases where the human turns out to be the monster, and the hideous monster the good guy...))

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 10:48 PM
Being used to this sort of thing as an explorer, Rock confidently follows the trail through the darkness, keeping his eyes focused on the trail to avoid losing his way and going off it, until he comes to the beach.

Rock does indeed follow the trail, as does Zom. The others manage to follow by keeping their eyes on them.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-14, 11:06 PM
But before you get to the beach, you find three pure white wolves blocking your path.

They howl at you: 'wooooe, wooooe'.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-15, 02:14 AM
"I say we zap these buggers..."

rockdeworld
2008-01-15, 01:45 PM
The explorer, now cloaked again, agrees.

"Monsters blocking our path... It seems an easy choice." He says, swinging his sword at the nearest one.

Mordokai
2008-01-15, 02:30 PM
"I'm guessing we could use some practice before facing the pirates." says Lars as he joins his friends at destroying the wolves.

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-15, 03:56 PM
Well, here it goes...

Zom slouched, slowly advancing toward the wolves, and as he produced a death rattle, he started flailing his arms wildly at the nearest one, trying to connect at least one fist.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-16, 02:28 AM
Lars swings his sword at the nearest wolf (as seen in the movie 'Lars Attacks!'). It slashes across the wolf's face. The wolf's claws scrape harmlessly across Lar's armour.

Zom and Rock strike at the other wolves, but they're too fast for them.

The wolf's wound closes up, the blood disappears, and it appears 'as good as new'.

rockdeworld
2008-01-16, 02:40 AM
Zom and Rock strike at the other wolves, but they're too fast for them.

((OOC: Who was too fast for who? Since I don't see any numbers, I can assume the wolves dodged our attacks, but could you please use better grammar in the future?))

Rock watches in shock as the wolf immediately heals the wound given to it by Lars, then quickly understands. "Get out of the way!" He tells Lars and the zombie. Turning to the wizard, the explorer calls out to him.

"They're all yours Nigma! Show us some of your magic!" He retreats from the close fighting with the wolves, moving back to protect Edward from them in case they get too close to the wizard.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-16, 05:59 AM
"Oh, I'd like nothing better"
The wizard grins, and unleashes a powerfull burst of lightning onto the wolves.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-16, 06:50 AM
(OOC: Enigma, you have five points of damage to distribute among the wolves)

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-16, 07:57 AM
Hmmm, I suppose I'll throw it all on one wolf, hoping it's enough to kill it. But probably not.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-16, 07:08 PM
The same wolf as Lars hit, or one of the other two?

rockdeworld
2008-01-16, 10:56 PM
Since he said it generically, I suppose he meant "it doesn't matter which one", so let's put it this way:
There are 3 wolves:
Wolf A
Wolf B
Wolf C
Now, say I swung my sword at Wolf A, Lars attacked Wolf B, and I_am_an_Undead flailed at Wolf C. The wolf attacked by Lars healed itself (or so it seems), and so its hp is unimportant.
Knowing the nature of lightning and attackers, E.Nigma may as well have attacked any of the wolves, but he probably hit the one closest to him. For the sake of discussion, lets say it was wolf B. Wolf B just took 5 damage.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-17, 03:37 AM
Lightning arcs from MrE's hand to the lead wolf. It howls in pain as smoke rises off its fur.

Mordokai
2008-01-17, 06:14 AM
After Mr.E is finished with his spell, Lars decides to once again strike at the wolf that was hit by the lighting.

"This should be enought to finish you off."

Jolly Steve
2008-01-17, 07:19 AM
The wolves back off. But then one of the wolves catches the scent of Zom. Intoxicates by the ripe, pungent smell it leaps forward, and bites him for 2 damage.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-17, 07:22 AM
Lars manages to slice the ear of the wolf as it leaps for Zom.

rockdeworld
2008-01-17, 12:41 PM
Rock stands guard over the spellcaster, readying himself to attack and push back a wolf in case one of them should decide to make E.Nigma one of their targets.

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-17, 10:16 PM
Zom emited a low gurgle, his face showing no sign of pain, but a cold fury instead. He pounded as strongly as he could his fists at the beast, trying to dislodge it.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-18, 12:43 AM
A wolf makes as if to attack Enigma, but thinks better of it.

Zom beats and bites the wolf, who is confused to find this carrion fighting back.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-18, 12:44 AM
Two of the wolves are now wounded.

Again, their wounds heal in front of your eyes, but not completely.

All three wolves whimper, and try to run into the forest.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-18, 10:31 AM
The wizard quickly tries to send another jolt of lighting at the wolves as they attempt to escape.
Damage divided equally for 6 or above, 6-3 divided among two wolves and 3-1 dumped on the wolf I shocked before.

"Get them, guys, while they're weak!"

Jolly Steve
2008-01-19, 11:33 PM
Again the lead wolf, still leading in retreat, is burnt by Enigma's lightning.

Mordokai
2008-01-20, 05:53 AM
After Mr.E is finished with his spell, Lars once again steps up to the wolf that was scorched by the magic and strikes at him once again.

I'll attack the wolf that looks like he is wounded the worst.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-20, 07:23 AM
Lars is too slow for the wolf, who despite the smoking blemish on its fur is able to leap out of the way of his sword.

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-20, 09:51 AM
Following Lars exemple, the zombie quickly (well, as quickly as a zombie can) goes to strike the wolf, in hopes of finishing it.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-20, 11:48 AM
As soon as he sees a chance, MrE casts another blast of lightning at the wolf.
"Die!"

rockdeworld
2008-01-21, 10:11 PM
In between Nigma's 2 attacks, Rotheld notices 2 things - one being that the wolf whose ear Lars cut off did not regenerate, and also that the wolf the zombie hit did not completely regenerate. Spurred by these two facts, he comes to a realization, and strikes the retreating wolves while he has the chance. [OOC: though he does not follow them if they continue to run away.

In other words, Rock attacked the already-damaged wolf that Zom hit twice, even though I wasn't here to post it - if that's alright.]

Jolly Steve
2008-01-23, 03:48 AM
Following Lars exemple, the zombie quickly (well, as quickly as a zombie can) goes to strike the wolf, in hopes of finishing it.

(OOC: sorry for the delay in responding: I've just come back from holiday, and had to start getting up about four hours earlier than I was...)

Alas, both Zom and Rock are too slow for the panicked wolves, who disappear into the trees.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-23, 03:59 AM
It occurs to you all that wolves, let alone white wolves, don't live in hot jungles like this one.

Also you're pretty sure they don't regenerate like that.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-23, 09:04 AM
It occurs to you all that wolves, let alone white wolves, don't live in hot jungles like this one.

Also you're pretty sure they don't regenerate like that.

Really? Wow, I hadn't thought of that :smallamused:

"We should follow them. I want to know more about these things"

rockdeworld
2008-01-23, 10:54 AM
((OOC: Lol...))

"That would be dangerous." Rock replies, looking around to see if anything else was coming through the trees. Why would those wolves suddenly attack us, then run away? He thinks to himself, before turning his attention back to Nigma. "We might very well follow the wolves into an ambush - or we could find even more wolves - or werewolves - which in our current condition I doubt we could handle. And besides, what good can come of tracking a group of wolves through a dense jungle?"

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-23, 11:26 AM
"I don't know about you, but I would like to know what regenerating wolves are doing out here"

rockdeworld
2008-01-23, 02:57 PM
"That is quite a conundrum." Rock agrees. "Alright, I am interested." So saying, the explorer looks at Lars.

"We don't know for sure that your companion is among pirates. Following these wolves may end up being a better use of our time, so I am for it. What about you two?" He asks Lars and Zom.

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-25, 07:59 AM
"I don't really care either way. I'm just here because I didn't want one of the other people to realise what I was, anyway. I'll just follow the group, wherever you decide to go."

It's not that Zom was angry, or bitter, or anything like that, no. His morose tone and seemly disinterest came from the fact that the lower bone of his left leg was now clearly visible, thanks to the wolf-thing, and it pissed him off.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-25, 08:01 AM
"Hmmm, whatever, I don't really care that much about the wolves anyways. The pirates are bound to have treasure, and a way off the island, so we should go after them. Oh, and they have that nymph too, I guess"

Mordokai
2008-01-26, 07:16 AM
"There is something strange about those wolves, I agree with you on that. While wolves can indeed be quite predatory they don't usually attack just for the sake of it. At least not in my experience. So, following them might be a good idea. There isn't much else we can do anyway."

With that, Lars waits for Rock to get up front.

"I'm guessing you're mor adept at following trails than me, so I'll let you lead the way."

rockdeworld
2008-01-26, 10:02 AM
((OOC: How exactly do bows work? If a monster needs a 10 to hit with a sword, can a bow hit with any even number, or does it need to be any even number above 9?))

The explorer shrugs, taking the lead.

"I am an experienced tracker, I'll give you that. You have good eyes." He says to Lars, and starts following the wolves' trail, to the best of his ability, and hoping for a bit of luck too.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-27, 08:19 AM
((OOC: How exactly do bows work? If a monster needs a 10 to hit with a sword, can a bow hit with any even number, or does it need to be any even number above 9?))

(OOC: I'm treating it as that it needs to be an even number and equal to or above the number required to hit with a hand-to-hand weapon. So in this case you'd need a 10 or 12).

Jolly Steve
2008-01-27, 08:27 AM
(OOC: you can't use Luck on yourself, sorry)

rockdeworld
2008-01-28, 01:30 AM
((Right, well. Everyone else outside of combat then (and in combat when possible).

Nonetheless, tracking.))

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-28, 08:40 AM
MrEdwardNigma tries to be helpful by singing "Track, track, track the nasty wolves!"

Well, no, actually that was just him trying to be annoying.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-28, 09:53 AM
MrEdwardNigma tries to be helpful by singing "Track, track, track the nasty wolves!"

Well, no, actually that was just him trying to be annoying.

(OOC: :smallbiggrin: )

Jolly Steve
2008-01-28, 10:04 AM
You try and find the wolves' trail, but it's too hard in the dark. Altharis, despite his night-vision, fares no better.

rockdeworld
2008-01-28, 10:52 AM
((Nice to know Altharis, despite not posting, is still useful XD))

"This is impossible." The explorer says in frustration at not being able to find a path. "It's far too dark. Our only hope is to continue on our original path, and hope that we come upon these wolves later, when there is light enough to follow them. At least we still have a chance to surprise the pirates while it's dark." So saying, Rock returns to the path and follows it to the sandy beach.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-28, 02:43 PM
MrE follows.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-30, 03:08 AM
You set off along the path again. But soon afterwards, you all hear something in the forest, heading towards you.

rockdeworld
2008-01-30, 10:34 AM
"Wait." The explorer stops and readies himself for attack or defense, in case whatever he hears coming towards the group should prove to be unfriendly.

Jolly Steve
2008-01-31, 05:51 AM
The noise gets louder. It's strangely familiar.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-31, 08:36 AM
"I say, whatever it is, we kill it!"

MrE prepares to cast Lightning.

Mordokai
2008-01-31, 10:24 AM
REadying his sword, Lars says to Mr. E:

"Perhaps we should at least wait for this... thing to show itself before we attack? It isn't wise to attack just about everything, especially if you can't see it."

rockdeworld
2008-01-31, 01:00 PM
"Lars is right." The explorer whispers loudly so the others can hear him. "Hide yourself! At least if you want to attack then you'll have the opportunity to surprise the enemy!

The explorer jumps into a tree and hides himself ((Don't forget he has a cloak of hiding! That means he gets a D20 explorer die to hide with.)), and uses his Luck ability on the others if they try to hide.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-31, 02:18 PM
MrEdwardNigma rolls into the bushes silently, and uses his luck ability on the others as well.

I_am_an_undead
2008-01-31, 05:37 PM
Zom tries to hide as well as he can. That's not as much as he'd like, but still.

((EDIT: First post of the third page:smallbiggrin: ))

Jolly Steve
2008-02-01, 05:40 AM
Jarlsberg carries Altharis behind a tree.

Jolly Steve
2008-02-01, 05:46 AM
In the moonlight you can barely see three white wolves slip out of the forest and on to the path.

rockdeworld
2008-02-01, 12:53 PM
((I guess Lars is hidden? What do the wolves do?))

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-01, 02:24 PM
"Are those the same damn things as before??? Did they get lost, or did we?"

Mordokai
2008-02-01, 02:28 PM
((I guess Lars is hidden? What do the wolves do?))

((Your guess is correct. I was just too lazy and/or busy to post it.))

In response to E's question, Lars says:

"I doubt those wolves would return after the beating we gave them. That must be some other wolves."

rockdeworld
2008-02-01, 06:22 PM
Due to being up a tree, Rock cannot answer the others without giving himself away. Instead he silently wonders about those very questions, while watching the wolves' movements.

If these are different wolves, can these ones likewise regenerate? If they are the same, why did they come back... And can they smell us?

Jolly Steve
2008-02-02, 06:10 AM
(OOC: by the way, I've rolled a d20 this time for rock's hide attempt - but from now on I'll use a d14)

Jolly Steve
2008-02-02, 06:12 AM
(OOC: rock is up a tree - can everyone else say where/how they're hiding?)

Mordokai
2008-02-02, 07:14 AM
Looking around, Lars find the largest bush he can spot and hides in it.

I'm not even trying to climb on trees in this armor.

rockdeworld
2008-02-02, 02:49 PM
(OOC: by the way, I've rolled a d20 this time for rock's hide attempt - but from now on I'll use a d14)

((Wtf? Why? In the rule book you gave us, it says that D20 is the next-highest die after D12, which is Rock's normal Explorer roll.)

I_am_an_undead
2008-02-02, 03:08 PM
((OOC: I'm in a bush, somewhere.))

Jolly Steve
2008-02-03, 01:04 AM
(OOC: I know, but every other dice step goes by 2: d6 -> d8 eg)

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-03, 09:00 AM
(OOC: I know, but every other dice step goes by 2: d6 -> d8 eg)

((Shouldn't we use the system as it's supposed to be used?:smallconfused: ))

As stated above, MrE is hiding in a bush. He is rather uncomfortable there and would like to jump out and kill some wolves, but he won't until the others do as well.

rockdeworld
2008-02-03, 09:18 AM

((Agreed! We should just use the regular D4->D6->D8->D10->D12->D20))

Jolly Steve
2008-02-03, 10:26 AM

OK. .

Jolly Steve
2008-02-03, 10:32 AM
The wolves stop.

"my goodness" one remarks,

"those fellows certainly gave us a beating didn't they?"

"Yes indeed" another replies.

rockdeworld
2008-02-03, 12:36 PM
Hearing the wolves speak, Rock almost falls out of his tree. His jaw drops and his grip slightly weakens before he pulls himself together.

Those wolves... just spoke... The explorer thinks to himself, then makes a split-second decision to try to confront the sentient wolves. He doesn't know whether or not the wolves could be friendly, but even if they aren't, he reasons, he won't lose anything by trying to communicate with them. ...And at least I can be a diversion for the others, in case the parlay goes badly.

"Who are you, and what do you want? Why did you attack us?" The explorer calls down to the pack of three wolves from his lofty position.

Mordokai
2008-02-03, 02:26 PM
As it might be imagined, Lars is pretty shocked when the wolves start speaking.

Now what to do? If they are sentient perhaps they can be talked to. Maybe we could even reason with them. Maybe they know something about Lania. I... we could use all the help we can get.

Almost steping out of the bush, Lars hears Rock's voice, speaking to the wolves. So he just waits to see what comes out of it and readies his sword in case it should be needed.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-03, 05:50 PM
They talked!:smalleek:

Now we have to kill them!

MrE grinned as the explorer attempted to talk to the wolves.

That's right, good job, lul them into a false sense of security!

Jolly Steve
2008-02-04, 02:03 AM
They talked!:smalleek:

Now we have to kill them!

MrE grinned as the explorer attempted to talk to the wolves.

That's right, good job, lul them into a false sense of security!

:smallbiggrin:

Jolly Steve
2008-02-04, 02:05 AM
The wolves jump at rock's voice.

"damn" one mutters.

"well, hello...why don't you come down here so we can talk properly?"

rockdeworld
2008-02-04, 02:25 AM
((I assume they're looking at Rock, but can you explicity say so, please?))

The explorer stares down the wolves.

"Not until you answer my questions." He replies, deciding that these wolves probably weren't going to be very friendly, and preparing himself to fight, should the need arise. "Who are you? Or perhaps, what are you?" He repeats.

Jolly Steve
2008-02-04, 07:09 AM
Looking at Rock, the wolf says "all right. You might as well get your friends to come out of hiding, we can smell them anyway."

rockdeworld
2008-02-04, 10:36 AM
"Are you going to answer my question or not?!" Rock says heatedly, and his eyes narrow.

Jolly Steve
2008-02-04, 12:53 PM
"Very well. I am Puppet. That's Oberon, and Bidd." the other wolves nod.

"Many months ago we were captured, by base and cunning trickery! The vile rogue pretended he wanted to hear our poetry. He wanted nothing of the sort! We were taken from our homes. We know not where, for we were kept in darkness, but after some time we were taken over the water. Our cages broke in a storm, and we found ourselves here."

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-05, 12:23 PM
Edward didn't come out of the bushes as the wolves had asked. They might be able to smell him, but that still didn't mean they knew exactly where he was. Instead, he decided to watch how this unfolded.

Mordokai
2008-02-05, 02:00 PM
As he hears wolves talk and ask them to come out, Lars indeed steps out of his bush.

"Your story is an interesting one, but at the moment we have our own problems. Do you perhaps know where we could find the lair of pirates taht are raiding the nearby village?"

rockdeworld
2008-02-05, 06:52 PM
Puppet, Oberon, and Bidd. The explorer's anger quickly cools as the wolf introduces himself and the others.

So they were on the ship too. The explorer thinks as he hears the wolf tell its story. But who or what is this rogue they speak of? Then Lars comes out of the bushes, and begins speaking with the wolves, apparently trusting them.

Darn it Lars! They could still be lying! I guess there's nothing for it... The explorer thinks to himself, and drops out of his tree (with sword drawn, of course) to flank the wolves in case they are lying and decide to attack Lars. He hopes for a bit of luck. ((If possible, I ready an action to attack in case the wolves start attacking. Also, if Lars is using any sort of diplomacy, I'll use Luck on him.))

Jolly Steve
2008-02-05, 07:45 PM
(OOC: Luck failed, sorry)

As Rock drops from the trees, and Lars steps from the bushes, the wolves draw closer, ears pinned back and teeth showing.

"What's this? An ambush perhaps? Cutting off our escape? Woeeeeeeeee"

rockdeworld
2008-02-05, 10:45 PM
...That's it? 'Woeeeeee?' 'Woeeeeeee is meeeee! Woeeeeee is meeeeee!'? If they're howling, could you make it a bit clearer?

Also - so that actually was diplomacy? Hmm. So I guess that failed too.

"Don't be silly." The explorer answers, waving the proposition aside with his free hand, as though it were a noisy fly. "I simply want to make sure the three of you don't gang up on my friend here, like you tried to do last time." Not stopping to give the wolves a chance to interject, the explorer goes on.

"Now perhaps we can help each other out."

Jolly Steve
2008-02-06, 02:19 AM
(OOC: they're howling, but it sounds a bit like someone saying 'woe' as well)

Jolly Steve
2008-02-06, 02:21 AM
In a voice that sounds far more bestial, and whose human half sounds far more desperate, one of the wolves says "put your sword down".

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-06, 06:26 AM
MrE comes out off the bushes.

"He'll put his sword down the moment you put your teeth and claws down. We have no reason to trust you, nor you us, I understand that. But I suppose you'll be wanting to go back home. That gives us a common goial. And the means to that ends are the pirates. How about we work together on this gig?"

I_am_an_undead
2008-02-06, 11:27 AM
Contrarly to the others, Zom remained hidden. In their last fight, the wolves (or at least one of them) had very directly attacked him, ignoring the others, and he'd rather not have another new hole in his body. Oh, he had heard that the beasts knew where he was, but you're never too prudent, and since he had gotten used to people attacking him on sight, he'd rather stay where he was.

Mordokai
2008-02-06, 12:22 PM
Before he could say anything, Mr. E steps out of his bush and talks to the wolves. So he just shrugs, an nods at him.

"What he said. You don't trust us, we don't trust you. But maybe we can help each other still."

Jolly Steve
2008-02-07, 10:48 AM
Howling, the wolves make a desperate leap for the trees.

rockdeworld
2008-02-12, 11:25 PM
Nice avatar Mordokai :smallbiggrin:

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile... I've been busy on other things. Looks like I haven't missed much though.

Not yet! Rock thinks, and, quick as lightning, jumps at the wolf leader (or "speaker" at least - Puppet), attempting to tackle the wolf to the ground.

Jolly Steve
2008-02-12, 11:47 PM
Rock manages to grab the wolf's tail, but it slides out of his hands, leaving only a few hairs.

Mordokai
2008-02-13, 07:25 AM
Why thank you :smallbiggrin:

Seeing wolves run away and Rock jumping after them but missing them Lars steps up to him and says to him:

"Ok, they obviously weren't interested in team work. Any ideas what now? I don't like the idea of talking wolves running around freely, but I detest the idea of pirates even more. What's your take on this?"

rockdeworld
2008-02-13, 09:11 PM
"I agree." Rock answers, getting up and dusting himself off. "We gave them a chance to join us, the fact that they didn't changes nothing. We should return to our mission before we met them."

So saying, Rock heads off down the trail, following it until it reaches sand. He delays at intervals, though, to allow the others to catch up with him.

Jolly Steve
2008-02-14, 02:30 AM
On the way, Altharis wonders aloud whether Koga's wooing of the strangely-dressed woman will work.

He can't imagine that strange boy having much luck with the ladies. But then, in this case, beauty is in the eye of the bee holder.

Jolly Steve
2008-02-14, 02:42 AM
You find the path blocked by...shiny stuff. Lumps of brightly glowing shiny stuff.

rockdeworld
2008-02-14, 10:05 PM
((Erm, is it glowing so brightly that we can't tell what it is? Does it extend into the forest? Is it gold? Could you be a bit more specific?))

"That's odd, I don't remember this being here when we came this way before." Rock says thoughtfully, examining the stuff.

Jolly Steve
2008-02-14, 11:11 PM
There are seven 'blobs' of grey, each about the size of a cat.

Each of them is lit from within, as if they had a firefly in them.

They're spread across the path, close enough together that you couldn't walk around them and stay on the path.

There may be more in the forest - you can't see any, but the forest is thick enough that you might miss them if they were there.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-15, 07:41 AM
"I don't trust these. Their description is much too vague. I suggest using a flight spell to pass them. As a wizard I should be able to do that"

((Am I?:smallconfused: ))

rockdeworld
2008-02-15, 11:54 AM
Taking out his sword, Rock gently pokes the blob closest to him.

Jolly Steve
2008-02-15, 12:45 PM
"I don't trust these. Their description is much too vague. I suggest using a flight spell to pass them. As a wizard I should be able to do that"

((Am I?:smallconfused: ))

Your only spells are Lightning and Luck, sorry.

Jolly Steve
2008-02-15, 01:07 PM
A cloud of glowing, very pretty mist sprays from the blob, narrowly missing Rock.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-15, 02:25 PM
Your only spells are Lightning and Luck, sorry.

((What use is being a wizard then? Why do I have a high score in that if I can't use it?))

rockdeworld
2008-02-15, 05:51 PM
((I guess this makes for a good reason to spend our first 100g on a Wizard's Spellmaking Kit - or whatever it's called.))

Jolly Steve
2008-02-16, 01:25 PM
((What use is being a wizard then?))

(OOC: That's a question that's the player's job to answer rather than the DM...)

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-16, 03:12 PM
That's a question that's the player's job to answer rather than the DM...
:smallconfused:

Jolly Steve
2008-02-16, 03:40 PM
:smallconfused:

(OOC: I could tell you how a magician could be useful in this situation, but then I'd effectively be playing your character)

rockdeworld
2008-02-16, 09:04 PM
A cloud of glowing, very pretty mist sprays from the blob, narrowly missing Rock.

((Please, please, please be more specific! Did the blob explode, or did it dissolve into mist, or what?))

Jolly Steve
2008-02-17, 02:12 AM
No, the blob's still there. You can't see where it sprayed from exactly, as far as you can see the blob is featureless.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-17, 11:12 AM
(OOC: I could tell you how a magician could be useful in this situation, but then I'd effectively be playing your character)

I know how it can be useful in this situation. It's other situations I'm worrying about. I mean, if all the talent I got is knowledge of magical lore, that's not really a lot compared to explorers. Lockpicking, sneaking and all that are way more useful. Anyways, MrE will search his memory for anything in connection with these blobs. You'd expect him to have done that automatically, but I guess he didn't.

MrE raises an eyebrow.
"Ah. Rock, could you please shoot some of those things with your bow?"
MrE stands back as this is done. Way back.

rockdeworld
2008-02-17, 06:18 PM
((Rock doesn't have a bow. I might consider it, if bows weren't horribly, horribly underpowered (they miss half the time a melee weapon would hit? That means the only benefit you get is that it's a ranged attack). Maybe you want to edit your post?))

Jolly Steve
2008-02-18, 06:10 AM
I know how it can be useful in this situation. It's other situations I'm worrying about. I mean, if all the talent I got is knowledge of magical lore, that's not really a lot compared to explorers. Lockpicking, sneaking and all that are way more useful..

(OOC: OK - leave it for a while, and if it's obviously unbalanced we'll talk about it then?)

MrEdwardNigma
2008-02-18, 07:29 AM
"Perhaps you could... throw rocks at it? Or something? Doesn't anyone have an ranged attack?"

rockdeworld
2008-02-18, 10:42 AM
Rock steps back from the lump, then turns to look at Mr. Nigma with an eyebrow cocked.

"A ranged attack? Do you know something about these things that we don't?" He asks.