PDA

View Full Version : Arcane PrC for 16th level

Irreverent Fool
2008-01-14, 08:32 AM
So, my sorcerer10 /arcane avatar 5 recently gained enough experience to advance to 16th level. I need some suggestions for my next PrC. I had planned on taking levels in Winterhaunt of Iborighu, but am not entirely certain that's what I want to do, as the class's abilities are somewhat weak when gainingthem at this level.

My character has Sculpt Spell, Maximize Spell, Energy Substitution: Cold, Lord of the Uttercold, Craft Wondrous Item and Piercing Cold.

My DM will let me retrain up to two feats in order to meet PrC prerequisites and has already stated (when I expressed desire to enter into Winterhant) both that I can take the Southern Magician feat and that Southern Magician will allow me to qualify for PrCs that require divine spellcasting.

I count as both an elf and a human. Organizational and regional prerequisites have been waived.

All I really need is for my spell progression to remain uninterrupted, but I'd like some spiffy abilities as well.

Help me tell the laws of physics to shut up and sit down!

Keld Denar
2008-01-14, 09:49 AM
Too bad you can't get 3 swapped. Archmage is good. Retrain Sculpt Spell to SF: Something and Energy Sub to SF: Something Else and then get Archmage Master of Shaping and Master of Elements to replace them. You still need Skill Focus: Spellcraft though.

What about Divine Oracle? You get some neato Divination spells, and EVASION! Plus, the HD is better than wizard.

Another thought is Wyrm Wizard? Prereqs might be kind of tough, but its amazing.

leperkhaun
2008-01-14, 10:55 AM
archmage, maybe loremaster. Though most who take loremaster do wiz10/lore10. although getting the rest in wiz will never hurt

FinalJustice
2008-01-14, 11:15 AM
Hmmn, if you are into this 'cold thing', why not Frost Mage? 5 level PrC, full casting, some nasty extra spells (Frostfell is niiice).

Edit: Naah, in this level, no nifty abilities, forget it. Go for Archmage.