PDA

View Full Version : Help for psion

proud_walker
2008-01-14, 03:48 PM
I play a psion/archpsion and i would like to know how many ways there are so i can increase my manifester lvl (not just for the power resistance).

Any general tips and so on are welcome

Shishnarfne
2008-01-14, 04:06 PM
Really, the limitation on a psion's augmentation to their manifester level is one of the major balancing features on psionic powers. So there are, IIRC, relatively few ways to actually increase it.
The Overchannel feat (XPH) allows you to add a few extra power points to a given power (limited based on your level) at the expense of HP. The feat Talented (XPH) allows you to expend your psionic focus to remove the HP cost of Overchannel from low-level powers (IIRC, only levels 1-3). Yes, this means that pre-epic, you cannot use Talented in Conjunction with Metapsionic feats (e.g. Empower Power).
Wilders, of course, get Wild surge, but that's increasing your manifester level at the risk of dazing yourself... and a Powers known list that might make a Warlock look almost versatile.

For purposing of overcoming Power Resistance only, there is Power Penetration and the Greater Power Penetration feats, but I consider those less necessary for psionics: there are a few good direct-damage powers that bypass Power Resistance (crystals). I'm sure that you found this one already from your phrasing.

I hope that this helps.

proud_walker
2008-01-14, 04:20 PM
I'm already using overchannel. I think it's a must-have for psions.
I have to say though that i was surprised when i didn't found any item that does the same thing.