PDA

View Full Version : Battle Ranger [Feat]

Necromas
2008-01-14, 04:51 PM
Name: Battle <class name>

Type of Feat: General

Prerequisite: Any class feature only usable in light or medium armor.

Benefits: Choose one class you have which grants class features that are only usable in either light or medium armor, such as a Ranger with combat style or a Barbarian with fast movement. These class features (only when gained from the chosen class) now function properly while wearing the next category up in armor. If they only functioned in light armor they now function in medium armor, if they functioned in medium or light armor, they now function in heavy armor.

Special: This feat does not grant proficiency in any kind of armor, nor can it be taken twice. This feat does not grant the ability to use the class features while using any kind of shield, nor does it prevent using the features with a shield if one normally could do so. The DM should decide which classes this feat can be taken with, and may wish to exclude certain class features from the feats effects at their discretion.

Notes: Based off of the Battle Caster feat, feel free to comment and critique.

Yeril
2008-01-14, 04:59 PM
Would Battlemonks be able to take it and use light armor? :smallconfused:

Necromas
2008-01-14, 05:24 PM
IRT Yeril

Name: Battle <class name>

Type of Feat: General

Prerequisite: Any class feature only usable in light or medium armor.

Benefits: Choose one class you have which grants class features that are only usable in either light or medium armor, such as a Ranger with combat style or a Barbarian with fast movement. These class features (only when gained from the chosen class) now function properly while wearing the next category up in armor. If they only functioned in light armor they now function in medium armor, if they functioned in medium or light armor, they now function in heavy armor.

Special: This feat does not grant proficiency in any kind of armor, nor can it be taken twice. This feat does not grant the ability to use the class features while using any kind of shield, nor does it prevent using the features with a shield if one normally could do so. The DM should decide which classes this feat can be taken with, and may wish to exclude certain class features from the feats effects at their discretion.

Notes: Based off of the Battle Caster feat, feel free to comment and critique.

A monk would not be able to take it and suddenly be able to wear light armor and still get wis to AC. same as how a wizard would first need some type of armored mage ability to benefit from Battle Caster. The monk would need a prestige class that had some sort of armored monk ability to let him use monk abilities in light armor, and then it would only apply to the abilities that the armored monk ability applies to.

Stycotl
2008-01-14, 06:42 PM
just for the sake of uniformity and simplicity, i'd give it a set name. i can't think of anything off the top of my head. will post back later with ideas if i come up with any.

and i would specify the respective armor proficiency to be utilized in the prereqs.

RandomFellow
2008-01-14, 07:45 PM
Seems fine as is to me.

Most clasess would rather use light armor and have a high dex bonus (and a feat) anyway. =)