PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Query - Dromites

Keris
2008-01-14, 07:50 PM
My DM is starting a new campaign, approx level 6, and I'm going to be playing a Dromite, either a Rogue, or a Soulknife.
I will be using the rules from the SRD, but this means that I know next to nothing about Dromites, particularly their personality. As Wikipedia also has nothing, I turn to you for advice on playing a Dromite "in character".

Parvum
2008-01-14, 07:56 PM
A dromite's personality depends on the element they are attached to. Colds are logical and... cold. Fires are quick-tempered and brave. Electrics have coffee in their blood, etc.

Dromites live in a hive-like structure, where the only two dromites with gender get busy to make the babies (they have respectable government-type names that I can't remember). At some point in their life a dromite will almost always experience an insatiable wanderlust or case of claustrophobia and leave their home. Those who don't (due to what I'm guessing is a genetic defect) never leave and will get forced out due to overpopulation (as the others stay as well).

Though I'm not clear on how they do this, dromites form a kind of 'family' with other dromites of other castes. They even have different names here.

I'm not sure on that last bit, but I'm pretty confident in the rest. I'm just sucking this from my memory, though, so I could have made on big error and posted it.

SoD
2008-01-15, 05:33 AM
I don't beleive I've come across Dromites before...where are they found?

Grynning
2008-01-15, 05:40 AM
In the EPH. There's a pretty extensive section on their personalities and culture in that book. I think they may have expanded on them further in Complete Psionic, but I never bought the book, so I can't say for sure.