Traker
2008-01-15, 01:50 PM
It is a vary good question and i wud like a ansoue

FujinAkari
2008-01-15, 01:52 PM
About 10 minutes after resurrection begins to be cast :P

factotum
2008-01-15, 01:55 PM
Who are you expecting an answer from, exactly? The only person who knows is Rich Burlew, and he's hardly likely to start dishing out what's going to happen in future strips, any more than JK Rowling would have told you the plot of the final Harry Potter book if you'd asked her a couple of years ago.

FoE
2008-01-15, 02:02 PM
Roy's never coming back. Didn't you get the memo?

Khosan
2008-01-15, 02:09 PM
Roy's never coming back. Didn't you get the memo?

Yea, Bill already came by and told me about that. And as you can see I already fixed it, so it's not even really a problem any more!

BRC
2008-01-15, 02:10 PM
Yea, Bill already came by and told me about that. And as you can see I already fixed it, so it's not even really a problem any more!
Good to know, I'm going to get some coffee, you guys want any?

Crimson Avenger
2008-01-15, 02:20 PM
I'll take a shot O' that.

FoE
2008-01-15, 02:23 PM
While you're out, BRC, could you pick up some donuts? Make sure to buy at least one with sprinkles.

Mmm, sprinkles.

MCerberus
2008-01-15, 02:28 PM
While you're out, BRC, could you pick up some donuts? Make sure to buy at least one with sprinkles.

Mmm, sprinkles.

*breathes in* mmmmmmmmm yaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm going to have to take your donuts. And, we need you to come in on Saturday. We lost a lot of people due to adventurers recently. Need to play some catch up.

But yes, only Rich knows.

FoE
2008-01-15, 02:35 PM
MCerberus: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
FoE: I wouldn't say I've been "missing" it, Cerb.

d'Bwobsling
2008-01-15, 02:47 PM
Roy's body is probably back at the HQ Haley mentioned, so we should see it soon (that is asuming Haley got some one to cast gental repose on it)

shakes019
2008-01-15, 02:47 PM
Seriously guys, just because it was used in Superman III doesn't mean it won't work.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-01-15, 05:56 PM

Here's my theory:
I don't think Roy will be back until the end of the fourth book.

North
2008-01-15, 06:06 PM
Roy will come back as Fourth Edition character :smallbiggrin:

Johnny Blade
2008-01-15, 06:38 PM
Hm...would anyone like to bet on it?:smallwink:
I'd say he'll get resurrected in comic #600, for probably obvious reasons.
I could picture his return later, but keeping the Order split up for too long would seriously mess with advancing the plot at a desirable pace, so, yeah, 600 is my guess.

someonenonotyou
2008-01-15, 08:50 PM
ill take that bet i bet never

Schulzy
2008-01-16, 01:12 AM

Wow, way proofread. Heck, I don't think you even typed that with your eyes open.

Regneva
2008-01-16, 01:39 AM

Well, It is a "vary" bad spelling and even though you "wud" like "a ansoue". I don't think anyone who knows (Rich Burlew) won't be compelled to give you an answer in response that English.

David Argall
2008-01-16, 02:31 AM
600? End of book 4? [666?] Now there can be a certain artistry to such figures, but as has been said a great many times, this is the story of Roy, and having him on the sidelines for that long is just too long. He could be back in action by 530. I'd bet on some complication that keeps him away until about 550, but the party suffers for being split, and re-unification, starting with raising Roy, should be soon.

AngryDaikon
2008-01-16, 03:09 AM
in response that English.

UR ENGISH GUD TOO!

Mr._Michael
2008-01-16, 03:21 AM
Roy is stuck in the Afterlife... but when the Blue Men Group, er, the Azure City Underground finally manage to attempt a resurrection spell, an IMPOSTOR comes through to possess Roy's body instead, wreaking havoc amongst the merry band...

I've figured out the who, ( :thog: ) now all I have to figure out is how he ends up dead in time to sneak past Roy with split second timing. Do they have Rocket Skates in the Celestial Realms?!?

What? It could happen! Beings get mugged at the portal all the time, ask Roy's dad! :smallamused: It's one way to string it out to the Exorcism in Comic #666.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-01-16, 04:51 AM
http://www.geekconclave.net/rpg-Motivational/clearance.jpg\

:smallcool:

Kiero
2008-01-16, 05:19 AM
Not soon enough.

Jalor
2008-01-16, 05:31 AM
When Durkon raises him.

Felixaar
2008-01-16, 05:39 AM

And I'd like a toilet made out of solid gold, but its just not in the cards, baby.

The Hop Goblin
2008-01-16, 05:46 AM
UR ENGISH GUD TOO!

It's well known that OOTS's fanbase is multi-national (see the german translation thread), please don't insult someone's intelligence by flaming their less-than-perfect spelling and gramar of what is most likely a foreign language to them.

Thanks!

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-01-16, 05:56 AM
I can spell Spanish better than that and I can't even speak it. The fanbase may be multi-national, but FF and Word both have spell-checkers, and Word comes default with about 20 languages installed, so I guarantee you, a simple copy-paste would have told him what to correct.

At the OP, if this isn't your native language, for future reference, your title should have read "When will Roy come back" and the post should have read "It is a very good question and I would like an answer.

Kish
2008-01-16, 06:23 AM
Languages aside, there's still the question of why the thread-starter would expect to be told future plot details just by demanding it.

monty
2008-01-16, 09:56 AM
It's well known that OOTS's fanbase is multi-national (see the german translation thread), please don't insult someone's intelligence by flaming their less-than-perfect spelling and gramar of what is most likely a foreign language to them.

Thanks!

He was responding to one of the guys that insulted the OP.

Well, It is a "vary" bad spelling and even though you "wud" like "a ansoue". I don't think anyone who knows (Rich Burlew) won't be compelled to give you an answer in response that English.Notice the error in it.

Gilmiril
2008-01-16, 03:15 PM
Well, It [it] is a "vary" bad spelling[,] and even though you "wud" like "a ansoue".[,] I don't think anyone who knows (Rich Burlew) won't [would] be compelled to give you an answer in response [to] that English.Notice the error in it.

I think you meant errors! Yes, it's very bad form to criticize someone's written English while committing similar errors.

shakes019
2008-01-16, 03:30 PM
Hm...would anyone like to bet on it?:smallwink:

Perhaps we should start a pool.

Johnny Blade
2008-01-16, 03:46 PM
Perhaps we should start a pool.
Eh, nothing like that. I mean, it includes money, and I would never bet something I don't have in the first place.:smallwink:
However, I'm sure one could come up with some kind of stake here. I mean, that's what signature space is for, right? (Now I just have to think of something better than "All hail [username of winner], bla bla.")

Mauve Shirt
2008-01-16, 04:16 PM
I think you meant errors! Yes, it's very bad form to criticize someone's written English while committing similar errors.

Well, one's errors are grammatical and the other's are spelling. I find the spelling MUCH more grating, and it doesn't help that he's just demanding an answer like that, an answer that no one can/will give him.

FujinAkari
2008-01-16, 05:37 PM

Thanks!

Thank you for encouraging tolerance, but as someone whom doesn't speak English as her primary language, I would like to echo the sentiment contained earlier in this thread: that spelling issues usually are not a result of the language barrier.

Subject - Verb agreement, or tense issues can be a language problem, as well as words that sound identical and mean different things. If I say "Jeez, good job reeding there!" thats a language issue, because they -sound- the same, and I grabbed the wrong spelling, but a post like the OP? I view that as just lazy.

Yes, English is an exceedingly difficult language to learn, and patience should be applied towards those attempting the feat, but by the same token, we should expect competence from those who do attempt to speak the language. I certainly won't encourage people to flame and ridicule anyone who misspeaks, but if we make commenting on the error a taboo subject, how will the erroneous parties ever correct themselves?

Also, for the record, I don't think the OP was a foreign speaker. This may be my bias showing through, but in my experience foreign speakers are very aware of the language and -less- likely to make mistakes due to their awareness. It is native speakers who take their language for granted and simply never bother to learn proper diction.

Those are my thoughts :)

monty
2008-01-16, 08:43 PM
Well, notifying them of the mistake is one thing, but insulting them about it shouldn't be done (especially if you make mistakes of your own while criticizing their mastery of the language).

David Argall
2008-01-16, 10:26 PM
And I'd like a toilet made out of solid gold,

Except for the purpose of selling, I advise against this. Gold is an extremely good conductor of heat, meaning you will freeze assorted vital parts of your anatomy every time you use the thing [or in hot areas, burn them].

krossbow
2008-01-17, 01:55 AM
Well, to borrow a page from Elan, he'll come back when its most dramatically appropriate. This means they'll all have to be in a state of complete doom, with no hope in sight, at which point Roy will become a deus ex machina.

Benjamin Batman
2008-01-17, 06:31 AM
Yeah but for serious now, I signed up to ask this same question - are there no high enough level clerics in the city to raise one dead dude? What level do they have to be? How about some of those snappily-dressed paladins that keep keeling over?

Glorfindel
2008-01-17, 07:13 AM
Apparently, he has just 'returned' in the comic.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-01-17, 07:18 AM
OK, Roy is back! Is everybody happy now? :smallbiggrin:

Studoku
2008-01-17, 07:19 AM
Except for the purpose of selling, I advise against this. Gold is an extremely good conductor of heat, meaning you will freeze assorted vital parts of your anatomy every time you use the thing [or in hot areas, burn them].
The toilet could still be made of gold but the seat itself would either need a cover or need to be made of a different material.

Foxtale
2008-01-17, 07:38 AM
Talk about semantics. :smalltongue:

I wonder how Spiritroy will react to seeing his own decaying body.

The Extinguisher
2008-01-17, 06:59 PM
Yeah but for serious now, I signed up to ask this same question - are there no high enough level clerics in the city to raise one dead dude? What level do they have to be? How about some of those snappily-dressed paladins that keep keeling over?

Money, I'd assume.

FoE
2008-01-17, 07:39 PM
Roy is back; he's just taken the "Rotting Corpse" prestige class. It's open to any character who reaches zero Hit Points and then takes the Decomposition feat. Class features include a "Rank Stench" attack and the ability to "Summon Maggots." :smallbiggrin:

hajo
2008-01-17, 08:32 PM
are there no high enough level clerics in the city to raise one dead dude?
I would assume that most highlevel people were in a position to get in time onto the evacuation fleet.
And we have seen several clerics getting killed during the invasion (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0457.html).

How about some of those snappily-dressed paladins that keep keeling over?
Maybe resurrection is not a common spell among paladins...

The Extinguisher
2008-01-17, 08:53 PM
Paladins get ressurection at a level where it basically doesn't matter. Because they would have done much, much more for the battle.

Green Bean
2008-01-17, 10:17 PM
Paladins get ressurection at a level where it basically doesn't matter. Because they would have done much, much more for the battle.

Do Paladins even get dead-raising spells? They don't appear to be on the list. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/paladinSpells.htm)

Dr. Magic
2008-01-17, 10:35 PM
i predict late 2009

The Extinguisher
2008-01-17, 10:46 PM
Not by RAW, no, but I've always played it so half-casters can still keep increasing in spell levels once they get into epic. I think Paladin's got ressurection at a level you could just buy a church to do all your healing for you.

SamDerringer
2008-01-17, 11:03 PM
The Resistance may even have a 9th level-above cleric, but probably couldīnt snatch a diamond. And even so, Roy is dead for too long (and lost too much, erm... flesh) for the spell to work on him now. Itīs only Resurrection from now on, and we all saw what happened to the High Priest of Azure City, right?

Snadgeros
2008-01-17, 11:18 PM
Ow....my kobolds.....

FoE
2008-01-17, 11:18 PM
Hmmm ... where can they find a cleric that's high enough level to cast Resurrection?

Durkon? No, he's on the ocean and too far away.

The High Priest of the Twelve Gods? Too busy being dead himself.

Hilgya? Well, that might be good for a laugh, but I doubt it.

Hmm ... what other high-level clerics are in the story?

Wait .... you don't think ....

:roy: What the hell ... YOU raised me?!

:redcloak: I don't like it any more than you do, human. But I need your help.

Stranger things have happened. :smallwink:

mikeejimbo
2008-01-17, 11:31 PM
I doubt that Roy would come back if he were being raised by Redcloak, unless Rich doesn't play with that "The person being raised knows the name of the caster and the deity they worship and can choose to come back or not" thing. Which is possible because that would be an AWESOME plot twist. I mean, it could happen: What if Xykon finds out Redcloak's true goal in this endeavor?

FoE
2008-01-17, 11:35 PM
:redcloak: Maybe you didn't hear me correctly, human, when I said Lord Xykon over there will kill your friends unless you rise from the dead. So I'll say this just one more time: RESURRECTION!

Or maybe it's as you say, and he doesn't know who's doing it.

Actually, I was thinking that he would need Roy to go after the Linear Guild, who as we know are going after Girard's Gate.

mikeejimbo
2008-01-17, 11:36 PM
I really wanna see this happen now

:smallbiggrin:

ObeeKris
2008-01-18, 10:46 AM
Roy is back; he's just taken the "Rotting Corpse" prestige class. It's open to any character who reaches zero Hit Points and then takes the Decomposition feat. Class features include a "Rank Stench" attack and the ability to "Summon Maggots." :smallbiggrin:

LOL!! Thank you.

David Argall
2008-01-19, 02:05 AM
I doubt that Roy would come back if he were being raised by Redcloak, unless Rich doesn't play with that "The person being raised knows the name of the caster and the deity they worship and can choose to come back or not" thing.

Roy is currently spying on people, which means he can find out why Redcloak might want to raise him, and if it is a good reason, he would then accept.

Traker
2008-01-30, 10:35 AM
true and now that he is just about to beacome a ghost:roy: :roy: