PDA

View Full Version : D&D Villains you could use.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-15, 04:32 PM
I've often found people have very boring villains in their games.

Simpily saying "this guy is evil, kill him!" can often (not always) lead to boring senerios. I always like to add lots of spunk to my villains!

I will be posting a few of the villians I have created myself. Feel free to insult. Also, feel free to post your own.

King Kobold the 8th

the first King Kobold was so greedy, deceptive and materialistic, he was often known as the most despicable reptile who ever lived. He managed to con his way to the top royalty of slashy-slashy city (an elven city with it's first Monster leader) . In personality, King Kobold the 8th is no different, as all he cares about is the gain of wealth and power. He is an epic level astrocat with seven or so levels as a wizard (conjerer). I the striktest sense, he is not really evil, but can be a really big pest, as has high level with a major city under his command and almost endless recources to ensure that, whatever the reason, the players have a cool villan who is sasfiying to kill, but can't be used jus once. Use him again and again as a recurring villain.

Due to the fact that he is not stricly evil, he can be a comicly, weasely recurring villian or a bumbling antihero. I would suggest that you use him a few times as a villian, and then put your PCs into a situasion where the only way of getting out is by working together as allys. Make sure he tries to betray you at the end by tying to steal the loot.

using this character is cool if you want a villain who is funny, but not too simpithetic to kill again and again and again and again and gain and again ...........

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-16, 03:44 PM
Barry Niceguy

A semingly nice and gentle Bard with several healing, enchantment and illusion spells ( and the notable spells: sound burst, shout and greater shout). He will ask your PCs to help him save his brother's life. His brother is apperently suffering from a deadly magical illness, and only a mystical berry known as DoomFruit will cure him. His Bardric knowage says that the only place a Doomfruit will grow is in the Creamy Mountains. Since very deadly creatures live there, he cannot go alone, and says he will pay you hansomly for your services. You will adventre with him to the depths of the Creamy Mountian caves whre many bugbears will try and stop you. Barry will always offer his help and use his bardric music to help you out and heal you. After you make it to the fnal depths of the cave, the Doomfruit will be plainly visible. He will ten run up to the fruit and eat it himself, raising him many levels and gain double the spells.

He will then revel the fact he has no brother and his true identidy. Barry Niceguy is actually Barry Evillord, and you have helped him gain more power and quite a bit more spells. He needed your bawn in order to do so, but now he will be a lot stronger then the rest of the party. He will then test his new powers out on your unsuspecting PCs, who have believed hs lies and think he is just a good guy. You must fight an insainly hard battle wth him untill your PCs are all about to die, and that's when the Bugbears come with many Clerics and Fighters to help you out. As it turns out, they were guardians and were only trying to protect the Doomfruit (which they see as some sort of bizzare god) from evil, who would exploit it and gain power.

Now that the Bugbears have come, this battle will now be evenly matched. The PCs will then stike him down, stealing the magical items he carried. The bugbear guardians will thank you wth level appropriate treasure.

Remember not to use this Villian if your party has detect alinment or detect evil at it's disposle. It is crucial that, untill Barry has the Doomfruit, wil think he is completly innocent and the bugbears are evil thugs, when reall it's the other way around.

Also, remember that this guy can (and probably will) return to inflict his revenge upon you. Remembe, if you plan to use him again, to have his scemes to be very cunning.

puppyavenger
2008-01-16, 05:37 PM
We're supposed to customise the names, right?

Blackadder
2008-01-16, 05:49 PM
We're supposed to customise the names, right?
Anyone with the last name "Niceguy" would get stabbed to death by my PC's in short order on general principle. Like I can't have good Grand Vizors because they always assume they are evil scheme bastards, and attempting to convince them otherwise simply drives up their suspicion.

On Bard McNiceguy, what happens if the PC's get their first? Or if the PC's want to meet his sick brother first? What is McNiceguy's evil solution?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-16, 07:54 PM
Anyone with the last name "Niceguy" would get stabbed to death by my PC's in short order on general principle. Like I can't have good Grand Vizors because they always assume they are evil scheme bastards, and attempting to convince them otherwise simply drives up their suspicion.

On Bard McNiceguy, what happens if the PC's get their first? Or if the PC's want to meet his sick brother first? What is McNiceguy's evil solution?

I dunno. You should probably custimize these characters to suit your PCs or not use them at all, I just created Barry Niceguy for those sick little nieve goody-goody two-shoes players who believe anybody who says he is good, is good, and anybody who heals them and works hard to ern their trust is a great guy. If your PC's are healthily suspisions or just plain paraniod, I woulden't use Barry Niceguy.

Oh yah, and Puppyavenger, do whaever you want with the names. I don't care, I just happen to think my name are clever, ( Please don't tell I'm wrong:smallbiggrin: )

9bit
2008-01-16, 07:58 PM
King Kobold.. I like.. ^_^

Metal Head
2008-01-16, 08:03 PM
Evil kobolds, treacherous bards, and customizable names. Oh my!

puppyavenger
2008-01-16, 08:17 PM
Oh yah, and Puppyavenger, do whaever you want with the names. I don't care, I just happen to think my name are clever, ( Please don't tell I'm wrong:smallbiggrin: )

Creamy Mountains ...
anyway You should probably give the Bard a ring of undetecdable alignment or somesuch, otherwise he's useless against any group[ with a paladin.

Fiery Diamond
2008-01-16, 08:46 PM
K.

For starters, you might actually want to pay attention when it underlines your words in red. It means they aren't spelled correctly. I frequently make spelling errors, but the handy-dandy red underline points out my mistakes so I can correct them.

Secondly, Barry Niceguy is quite amusing.

Thirdly- the name King Kobold isn't original and creative in the slightest. There's this book, you see, called King Kobold. (actually, that got scrapped, and the rewritten novel is King Kobold Revived) And it's just very boring.

Fourthly - what is the point of giving character concepts without any kind of stats? Unless the concept is completely novel, I don't think I would ever look to someone else to get a villain concept: the idea of presenting villains for others to use is to have them statted out, like creating a module, only just a character. If that made any sense.

Fifthly (is that even a word?) - If I sound mean or rude then I apologize. That wasn't my intent.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-16, 09:17 PM
Secondly, Barry Niceguy is quite amusing.
Thirdly- the name King Kobold isn't original and creative in the slightest. There's this book, you see, called King Kobold. (actually, that got scrapped, and the rewritten novel is King Kobold Revived) And it's just very boring.
Fourthly - what is the point of giving character concepts without any kind of stats? Unless the concept is completely novel, I don't think I would ever look to someone else to get a villain concept: the idea of presenting villains for others to use is to have them statted out, like creating a module, only just a character. If that made any sense.

Well, Thanks.

Also this is not King Kobold. is is King Kobold the 8th!:smallbiggrin: Vastly diffrent!:smallbiggrin:
But serously, I thought I had made this character up completely. It's kind of disapinting to see I didn't. I have probably hade 6 adventres with him as a villian and 4 adventes with him as an anti hero. My PC' loved almost everyone!

'bout the stats. I ws thinking you should modify these characters to fit your senerios. Diffrent levels fr diffrent parties. Besides, I'm not ordering you to use these things, I just want to give you Idea's.

oh yah, have a new villian, this time for evil PC's.

Eric the Cleric

An atypical Bounty Hunter who is polite, funny, charming and always helpful. He is a Trog who was once a chaotic evil rogue, but then killed a bunch of adventrers and stole their stuff. One of the magical items he foundon these dead adventrers was a necklace of anti negatve energy, which was cursed to reverse his alinment to lawful good. After being unable to remove it, he was chased out of his tribe and into a forest, where he found a church of Hededjijaji, Godess of redemtion, who helped him become a cleric to make up for his past evil deeds.

He is very hard to kill, due to the fact his rogue levels help him dodge melee and his necklace protects him aganst all negetive energy spells your evil charcters may possess, his good at serviving long battles with evil. Maybe you can trap 'em!

Oh right....Rogue.:smallbiggrin:

F.L.
2008-01-16, 09:59 PM
As long as you don't have a peasant named Rolle Fore Initiative, I guess these are fine.

Randel
2008-01-17, 12:21 AM
Dargoth Martran the Minotaur of Mazes.

Many adventurers will find large underground structures with winding maze-like passageways and find various monsters both intellgent and non. However they occasionally wonder just why this structure exists in the first place.

Why is this big underground complex in the middle of nowhere?
How do all these monsters survive down here?
How did all these statues and stone masonry get here?
What kind of madman would spend all the time and resources digging out this big confusing and seemingly random sprawl of rooms and mazes that serve no apparant purpose?

Well, obviously it was made my a minotaur... who casts magic.

Dargoth is one of several clerics who has dedicated himself to the construction of mazes. He uses spells like Create Food and Water to supply the food to sustain himself and any monsters or creatures who care to join him and spells like Stone Shape and Soften Earth to actually construct the basic building.

If he doesn't feel like making an underground maze, he sometimes amuses himself by creating Walls of Stone in places where he sets up camp. Generally staying in one area for several day weeks or even months, slowly adding to the labyrinthine maze of walls he constructs... always with passageways either 5 or 10-foot wide and eerily all perfectly squared off almost to some great cosmic grid.

Being completly immune to Maze spells, the minotaur is perfectly capable of navigating the twisted hallways and insane convolutions he seems to slap together at whim. Unfortunately many of the creatures who follow him around don't have this advantage.

Many an ogre or troll has followed Dargoth, happily feeding on the food the minotaur gives them and halfheartedly give lip service to the minotaurs bizarre faith... only to one day find themselves trapped forever in a set of nigh impossible catacombs beneath the earth. These poor souls can only try to escape the minotaurs creation before they begin to loose hope and all sense... generally meeting a sad fate at the hands of some random adventurers who just happen to wander into these passages.

Dargoth and many other minotaurs like him will choose the Gluttony Domain and the Earth Domain for the spells used to respectively feed monsters they meet and to create mazes at whim. If he finds another spellcaster or skilled trap maker willing to follow him he will gladly let them do so and will not leave them behind, letting them set up traps and magic runes in the mazes to mess with whoever gets lost in there.

It should be noted that while Minotaurs are not particularly intelligent, they do have a sort of twisted sense of humor and a concept of irony. So it is not uncommon to find weird riddles and seemingly illogical logic-puzzles built into the mazes he creates. Evidently he finds them amusing.

F.L.
2008-01-17, 08:22 AM
Provided you use the above minotaur in FR, there is a god Ubtao in that setting that would fit for the minotaur's deity. Ubtao's symbol is a maze.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-18, 07:18 AM
Here is my newest horror.

Abomination

A half-orc who was kidnapped from his parents and 5 miniutes old, by somevil mastermind or something. He has been tortured all of his life and raised to becme the ultimite weapon.

Due to the fact he has an intelligence score of 2, he is cloe to an animal then a person. He knows only pain and has one goal, to kill all he sees. He is a Barbarian.

It is quite sad actually.

This guy will probably be used to guard passageways or be part of a trap to kill your PC's.

The only thing to do is end his life of torture and suffering and put his out of his misery. Domestecation his immposible.

Demented
2008-01-18, 07:58 AM
King Kobold the 8th

I'm Kobold the Eighth! I am! I am!

I'm Kobold the Eighth I am!

I got married to the widow next door,

She's been married seven times before.

Every last one was a kobold,

She wouldn't have a orc or a ham!

I'm her eighth old kobold husband,

Kobold the Eighth I am!

I'll leave it to you to ask what a 'ham' is. There aren't any SRD monsters ending in 'am'. Not a one!

The Unknown
2008-01-18, 08:09 AM
Relatively low magic villian, take a gander, feel free to customize, of course.

---

Fallen Noble
Levels: 2 Aristocrat/6 Wizard/6 Fighter

Alignment: Lawful Evil (Leaning strongly Lawful Neutral)
Driving Emotions: Greed, Hatred, Pride, Revenge, Sorrow
Reasons: Once the heir to the greatest of the ( -OtherLand- ) noble families, and amongst the greatest Neophyte Wizard Apprentices of the Academy, ( -VillianName- ) had this title robbed of him in the age of nineteenth when his family were exiled in shame for the treachery his father, the late ( -FatherName- ) had committed upon the ( -OtherLand- ) nobility by selling of information to the Pirate factions of the ( -OtherLand2- ), resulting in many valuable cargos lost from the safecoasts at the mainland. Soon after his father was found murdered by a funded assasin who was also caught, but did not adhere to questioning and was executed. Unbeknownst to most, this coup was indeed not performed by the late father, but by rivaling families attempting to stain upon the great families name, and such, bitterness exists greatly between the now fallen ( -VillianName- ) and the ( -OtherLand- ) nobility. Since this ancient wrong, he has found himelf in the necromantic studies the way of pure unlife, the lichen form he has taken now is a corrupted and broken form of his former dark and alluring beauty, falling ever yet deeper into melancholy and true sorrow, he wishes only for the days gone by, in his beautiful home, or for the day where he can steal it from those who wronged him. He has built up a powerbase in another country now, where he has regained the title of nobility, and wishes to use this to gain his revenge.
Final Goal: The dark and hostile lands of ( -BaronyName- ) leaves little desire in ( -VillianName- ) grasp, what he wishes most of all is to once again be able to return to, and of course, gain property of this, his hearts desire, the one place he could call home, ( -OtherLand- ). To take his first step upon this he will have to gain power enough to take it, or favour enough to have it given to him.

Resources:

-- Genius-Level Intelligence, Strong Personality, Manipulation comes easy
-- Many loyal adversaries within the governments of the Baronies scattered near ( -BaronyName- ) aswell as in ( -CurrentCountry- ) court
-- Ownership of the Barony ( -BaronyName- ) in which he has complete power of law
-- Loyalist militia numbering a total of twifold hundred able men
-- Aid of a Mid-High level Pit Fiend ( -FiendName- ) with connections within the ( -CountryName- ) court
-- Retaining the body of his former living, able to easilly pass for a living human being, with a few spells taking the more gruesome of his markings
-- Easilly the most able fighter in all of ( -BaronyName- ), has had years, even decades to practize the arts of the halebard, which might not be entirely showing or knowledgable at first sight
-- Easilly too, the greatest wizard in his own court, with a specialization in Necromancy and to a lesser extent Illusion

Spells:

Uses largely necromancy and illusion spells, unique effect: All elemental damage by spells are acid rather then any other element, meaning, Fireball become Acidball

Boundaries: He is bound to the raven form of ( -FiendName- ), his lich form bound as a dead body, his proto-life bound in eternal torment and hatred
Loyalities: Most of the Militia and common peasents within Ravenfall are dread of their pitiful existence but do not dare to draw attention to themselves as his attention is something not sought after. Most of his court is likewise loyal as few have any real influence besides that of secretaries, ( -FiendName- ) who takes the form of a ebony black raven whispering manipulating lies into his ears in the throneroom sees him and rest of the barony as nothing but a tool, expendable, but yet usable, for now

Visual:

-- Magically Enchanced: Deep, green eyes tinted lightly with black thoughtfully and calmly rests upon whatever catches the Barons attention at the moment, his hair is black, so is his beard which is finely trimmed, his hair going to his shoulders, wild yet still, naturally, neatly.

-- Natural State: Dead body, grey hair seemingly rotten like the rest, no eyes upon the hollow eye sockets

---

More villians only upon request, noone wants it I cant be bothered.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-19, 02:33 PM
Here's my newest villian. Well, not really a villain per se. But still a very fun and exicting senerio.

Slashy-Slashy City Castle

In the elven city of Slashy-Slashy City, King Kobold the 8th is the current ruler.

And one night, a drunken and/or insane wizard animates the whole friken' castle using a animate object spell. This castle is soooo big, and it is attacking the rest o the city with King Kobold the 8th trapped inside.

All the fortifications and diffences of the city are irronicly and stupidly placed on the castle itself, and are now useless. Even if the diffences were at a place where they could shoot the castle, it would be useless. This thing is far too big and tough to be hurt with ordinary weapons.

Who ya gonna call?:smallbiggrin:

For your PCs to attack this castle and save the city, they need to get inside it some how. The only way inside this walking castle is to fly, so you may need a flying mount and ranks in ride or sombody who knows fly or overand flight.

The flying mount could lead to a very funny side quest of returning the dead mount.

:smallannoyed: Excuse me, I have a complaint.
:smallsmile: yes, what is it?
:smallannoyed: It's this Giant Parrot I bought here as a mount.
:smallsmile: What's wrong with it?
:smallannoyed: the damn thing's dead, that's what's wrong with it!
etc. etc.

Any how, When you get inside the animated castle, there is King Kobold the 8th, who knows how to defeat this giant castle by going to the armery where there happens to be barrels upon barrels of TNT, enough to distroy the castle. He can't do this alone de to the fact that everythininside the castle is also animated, pluis he set all kinds of traps in his own castle for robbers and there is possibility of him setting them off. You mst work together with King Kobold the 8th to save the day.

This time, the dugeon is the main villian!

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-20, 07:25 PM
Here's a new one.

Warevildeathdoomlord the forgetful

Out of all the villians I have created, this guy is the silliest.
He is a vampire with short term memory loss. He has a plan to control the world with a very high level ancient scroll know as 'Knortack's Everywhere Suggestion' . He hid it so that he can use it when he is high enough in level. Problem is, now that he is high enough level, he forgot were he hid it. Your task is to destroy him before he finds it, or mabye even find it yourself if your party is evil.

This guy is a cleric, which is somwhat funny since he can't remember his deity. His is probably, not only one of his biggest quarks, but also his biggest advantage. His deity inexplicibly changes so his domains and abilties also change to whatever is convienent (or rather, 'inconvienint for the PCs') at the time.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-20, 07:45 PM
Here is my newest horror.

Abomination

A half-orc who was kidnapped from his parents and 5 miniutes old, by somevil mastermind or something. He has been tortured all of his life and raised to becme the ultimite weapon.

Due to the fact he has an intelligence score of 2, he is cloe to an animal then a person. He knows only pain and has one goal, to kill all he sees. He is a Barbarian.

Love the sequitur here.:smallbiggrin: Sigg'd, if that's OK.

It is quite sad actually.

This guy will probably be used to guard passageways or be part of a trap to kill your PC's.

The only thing to do is end his life of torture and suffering and put his out of his misery. Domestecation his immposible.

I might spring this guy on my good PCs, to see if they can inadvertently give me an excuse to invoke Godwin's Law on them.

'But we killed the Orc - he was obviously evil, and tried to kill us!'

'No he wasn't, Hierophant Theodoriel of Pelor - he was just tortured into doing it, and was barely sentient anyway. You could have helped him. Nazi.'

I'm loling mightily at these posts, and have a suspicion that WHBT - in a very lulzy way, of course. :smallwink:

EDIT:
he found a church of Hededjijaji, Godess of redemtion

This wins more and more as I read it:smalltongue:.

Uncle Festy
2008-01-20, 07:47 PM
Just a few general rules of thumb: Never assume the PCs will follow a specific path, and never make the encounter so that the only way for the PCs to win is for someone else to come in and singlehandedly beat/aid the PCs in beating/allow the PCs to defeat: the villain. It makes the PCs feel useless.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-21, 06:00 PM
Here's a new villian!

Shine Bluedrake

A recently hacthed young blue dragon, who left the nest really early to start a life of mischiff and myham. He is very childish, throwing tantrums everywhere, killing people for no reason at all except 'your ugly'. He is a sorcerer with many levels dispite his young age, since almost evry second of his life he is killing people. He has a sense of uniqe sense of humour where a practical joke is that he kills your mother and wife while your at work (HA HA).

He has no sense of right and wrong and sees nothing wrong with his actions. He thinks the whole world is as amused as he is. He is reletively dumb, but smart enough to buld really good and well hidden working traps.

what a prankster!:smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-22, 04:20 PM
*SNAP* Here's a new villain, this time with seriousness.

King Kobold the 5th
The 5th King Kobold and long dead ansestor, now pays the mortal relm a vist, as a lich! He is a powerful necromancer and fighter who can certainly strike fear into your PCs.

He says that, dispite being dead for many decades, he has right to the throne of Slashy-Slashy City. Most citizens say he is still dead and cannot retake the throne, few others say he has a right because he is still walking.

Either way, the current leader King Kobold the 8th, is no going to give up his city without a fight, which is total mdness since his diffences are still destroyed (see Slashy-Slashy City Castle above). This is also madness since the 5th has reanimated many corpses to aid his army. Zombies, skeletons, wights, morgs, wraiths, vampires. You name it, he's killed it and reanimated it and hired it for his army. Plus all the Slashy-Slashy citizens who still belive he is king, he has a very big army.

Still, boths sids are hiring. Pick which side you fight on. Just remember to take into consideration the alinment of the side you are picking. The 8th's side (dispite the fact that King Kobold the 8th himself is choatic neutral) is lawful good.

The other side is lawful evil.

Remember that the 5th's wizard spicialization is Nercromany and Congerazation is one of his barred schools, while with the 8th, it's the other way around. Also. the 8th is a bummbling fool with minimum intelligence to be a wizard and almost no spells, while the 5th has 24 intelligence, (due to his magic item collection and ability raises) and many many spells fom all levels and almost all schools of speicialization. 5th is also wiser then 8th, having many more stratagy then his desendent.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-22, 06:05 PM
*Snap* new guy....eer...girl.

Victoria Dyama

A dwarf girl who desided early in life that mining was not for her. She became a stunning rouge and sorceress who lead a life of banditry. She has suduced a load of fighters, barbarians, rouges, clerics and druids to help her steal from the rich, the porr and anybody in between.

She is a great fighter when she has her men back her up, but alone she is rather weak and would rather suduce the enemy into a false sense of secerity before she would sneak attack, but if that fails, she will try and use her stealth to hide and her magic to change the balence of events on the monster's side to make them more powerful, or simpily create traps for your PCs.

She has a abnormally high charisma for a dwarf, a score of 20 ( or higher).

Rigon
2008-01-22, 07:27 PM
Queen Koblond the 7th of 9?
the first female "blond" kobold ever known to rule.
bard lvl7 specializing in illusions, charms and buffies (with any LA+0 template)
intelligent and a high charisma bonus in all cases versus reptilian humanoids.

or Prince Kold, who isn't named Kobold 'cause he can't remember a name that long.
barbarian lvl8 with an int score of 8 (also la+0 kobold template), should have overall "overpowered stats" but always under the command of her mommy (queen Koblond). and don't forget the obvious pun: "Kold is Cold".

King Late (pronounce: "Lah-teh") the Late.
the former husband of Queen Koblond who was killed by one of Koblond's admirers.
may come back as a ghost. the horror.

and now we got ourselves a kobold version of Hamlet.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-24, 03:35 PM
Hey everyone!

To see King Kobold the 8th in action, vist Heroes of the Hour! in the arts and crafts section.

It's a OotS style webcomic with King Kobold the 8th as a main character. I helpped write it! I even made the comic's title! Trust me, it's good.

Schylerwalker
2008-01-25, 02:17 AM
Veit, the Dread Necromancer

Born in the city of Gort in the Teathai Mountains, Veit longed to join the Wizard's Council of Selembine ever since he saw a wizard performing in the streets. He was enthralled by magic and all its ways, ad all the people who used it.
He set out at the age of 16, leaving the mountain stronghold and heading east for the wizard's guild of Modain. Showing an aptitude for magic as soon as he entered, he soon surpassed all the other students. Many were somewhat disquieted at his focus in necromancy, but as he was such a bright, charming young man, they were willing to see past that.

Except for one student.

Leison Flahrair had been in the wizard's guild a year longer than Veit, and he too wished to join the Wizard's Council of Selembine, as the High Conjurer. He showed a fascination with elementals, summoning as many different varieties as he could. On certain occasions, he even attempted to combine elementals, and very rarely, he succeeded (To a degree).
Upon learning that Veit also desired a seat on the Council, he began to taunt the boy, saying that one of such low birth could never aspire to join. And besides, the Council already had a High Necromancer, a man young and powerful, destined for greatness. Which, Leison told the enraged boy, Veit was surely not.
The two boys were rivals from that point on. Veit even joined Conjurer's Class - just as Leison joined Necromancer's Class - just to show the other up, at least once. Both of them sought perfection in their arts. Leison wanted to create a Paragon Elemental; a fusion of the four most classic of the elementals. Veit burned for the need to find some way to animate each of the four classic elementals into terrifying undead creatures.
Veit was banned from the school and exiled from the city of Modain for his disgusting experiments. He fled to the south and into the wilderness of Wyvern's Spur, continuing his research, becoming something far less than human in his search for greatness, for power, for utmost perfection. He bent those weaker than him to his will, taking up residence in Lar Duath, an abandoned fortress high in the mountains of the Wyvern's Spur. Now, eighty six years later, he nears the fruits of his labors. Soon, his rival will be crushed, and all of the Western Kingdoms will bow down before his undead hordes.

Veit is a venerable human, but this will not matter for much longer, as he is a 15th level Dread Necromancer (HoH). Thus, he will soon complete his journey into lichdom, becoming an immortal, undead monstrosity.

Veit's four undead unique creatures are; the Dreadflame (An elder fire elemental with the vampiric template), the Gravebound (An elder earth elemental with the lich template), the Breathless (An elder air elemental with the vampire template), and the Drowned (An elder water elemental with the lich template). Note: Neither of the elementals with the vampire template have the ability to make spawn.

Leison is also a venerable human, a 9th level Conjurer.

jdfollett
2010-05-20, 06:05 PM
Heres a villain for you.

Raktak
18th level Kobold 1/2 red dragon sorcerer
Str:16 Dex:12 Con:15 Int:16 Wis:15 Chr:22

I dont give more comprehensive stats here because I am lazy at this moment.

Raktak is not your typical kobold. The dragon blood in hsi veins has given hem a level of ambition and courage not known among his normal brethren. His vast magical studies have alson given him an insight into a powerful draconic mystery.
Early in his career he stumbled across a tale of one Theoric of Brale. Theoric was an reclusice and evil bugbear wizard who also happened to be a half-dragon.Over 1000 years ago Theoric lived in the mountains by himself and studied his condition. In his studies he consulted with all manner of foul beasts and powers. Eventually he came to the knowledge thatr he could purify himself and becom a true dragon. All of his studies and writings were later discovered by Raktak, still shelved in Theorics lair. Theoric, it seems, either succeeded in his task, or died trying. Raktak discovered that the procedure involved the sacrifice of unborn dragons, one of each kind. (metallic and chromatic). He also discovered, to his dismay, that the ritual must be performed by a powerful demon, in this he has summoned and struck a deal with a pit fiend (or balor, whichever is a demon :)). The demon in turn has given Raktak a large force of lesser demons to use in procuring his eggs.

Individual DM's can of course do all sorts of fun things with the demon and the missing Theoric, I plan on using Theoric as a strange bedfellow for the pc's. As he has been subjigated by the demon and raktak is on his way to the same end.

I have complete stats, if you want them let me know.

afroakuma
2010-05-20, 06:48 PM
Um...

I think a bit of cleaned-up presentation would help immensely. As was already mentioned, stats couldn't hurt either.

Examples:
The Maiden's Weeping/The Swain of Varrone (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95094)
The Caillteanas (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95452)
Dandag the Quiet (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96016)
The Augmoha (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5372734#post5372734)
Prince Meridius (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5671365#post5671365)
The Thief King's Palace (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5714091#post5714091)
The Omenwrath (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5752195#post5752195)
Tsartajius (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5777154#post5777154)

DracoDei
2010-05-20, 07:52 PM
This has probably already been stated in some way, there was a "vote up a villain" series of threads a while back. The format it used for the villains themselves was quite good, and might have sprung from a "How to" article on these boards.

afroakuma
2010-05-20, 09:34 PM
This has probably already been stated in some way, there was a "vote up a villain" series of threads a while back.

Posted links to them right above you.

The format it used for the villains themselves was quite good

Why thank you. :smallbiggrin:

Blue Ghost
2010-05-20, 09:52 PM
Um...

I think a bit of cleaned-up presentation would help immensely. As was already mentioned, stats couldn't hurt either.

Examples:
The Maiden's Weeping/The Swain of Varrone (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95094)
The Caillteanas (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95452)
Dandag the Quiet (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96016)
The Augmoha (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5372734#post5372734)
Prince Meridius (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5671365#post5671365)
The Thief King's Palace (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5714091#post5714091)
The Omenwrath (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5752195#post5752195)
Tsartajius (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5777154#post5777154)

No mention of the Silver Hellstar? I liked that one.

afroakuma
2010-05-20, 09:58 PM
No mention of the Silver Hellstar? I liked that one.

Hellstar's really not "to-scale" with the rest, in any sense. Should you want to revisit it, the link is accessible through my sig.

FlamingKobold
2010-05-20, 10:13 PM
jdfollett:

http://angelicvoices.net/Thread_Necromancy.jpg

You're new though, so it's understandable. And I've always wanted to use that picture.

ProfHammer
2016-08-30, 03:32 PM
I have a couple villains that I was especially fond of.
1. Cullen Stafford, a sorcerer/blood Mage character that builds spell stitched monstrosities. Usually I introduce him as a wanted criminal that the party needs to find and kill, but they don't get more than the name. They run into the little gnome and I play him very funny. I make him as likable as possible and then slowly show the terrible stuff he's done. Usually he runs off when he tells them his name and they chase him, fighting gross stitched together monsters. It's fun to have him sew village folk into huge beast but keep them conscious. If he is mad at the party he takes their friends and forces them to kill their new monster bodies as they beg for mercy. He does all of this for his dying wife who needs a new body.
2. A vampire who is a spymaster and tries to force the party into traps he has laid all over the castle while acting as a guide. He is generally dressed like a young servant and hiding as the party fights their way into the castle. He talks about how the master of the house forced him to be a vampire and starved him until he ate people. He offers to show them the safest way through the traps and then triggers them when the party is in them.

Yael
2016-08-30, 05:04 PM
The amount of necromancy is astonishing!

AtlasSniperman
2016-08-30, 08:22 PM
The amount of necromancy is astonishing!

I know right!
Why is necromancy so often associated with evil :(

enderlord99
2016-08-31, 06:18 PM
I know right!
Why is necromancy so often associated with evil :(

I think he was actually referring to the thread necromancy of over 6 years. I'm not entirely certain, though?:smallwink:

TripleD
2016-09-02, 12:01 AM
I think he was actually referring to the thread necromancy of over 6 years. I'm not entirely certain, though?:smallwink:

Double Necromancy.

The OP is from 2008.

Ten or so posts in, it was resurrected in 2010.

Then our poster above brought it back just now.