PDA

View Full Version : Humarollah!

Felixaar
2008-01-16, 06:49 AM
Its finished :smallbiggrin: my novel is finally finished! Weighing in at 334 pages and 138,000 words, its been three years work and its finally done!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-01-16, 06:58 AM
Care to expand?

What is it on?

Genre?

Unexpected twists at the end? :smalltongue:

Ghastly Epigram
2008-01-16, 07:01 AM
I do not really post on the forums, but as an aspiring writer myself I felt the need to give a hearty congratulations. :smallcool:

Some elaboration might be nice though. :smallwink:

phoenixineohp
2008-01-16, 07:07 AM
Congrats! Now you just have to tell us about it. :smallwink:

Zeb The Troll
2008-01-16, 07:11 AM
*joins chorus of "would like to hear more"*

Felixaar
2008-01-16, 07:35 AM
I hear the general consensus :smallwink: Verreh well then :smallbiggrin:

Thy Blood's Betrayal is a fantasy novel written by me and my co-writer. It starts of in the Manor of Arrylin, where the Lord of the Manor and his Lady are seeking mercenary guards to keep them safe on their way to the Golden Jubille Ball of His majesty King Hermadon of Haran. Out of the many that apply, Four are chosen - Arallo Rithe, an inhuman, introverted loner with a mysterious pass and the scars to prove it, Rimurryn Novell, a happy-go-lucky mercenary berserker with a boundless appetite and a surpisingly sharp mind, Blysse Gibson, Rimu's half sister he only officially met a few years ago, red headed, green eyed, fierce adventurous and independent, and Pathan Aelisti, a half-elven archer (STEREOTYPE! sorry) who is an innoculate ladies man with a perfect aim despite have consumed enough alcohol in his lifespan to fill a small lake. They are led by the captain of the Lord's warband, Sir Eric Ericsson, a perfect pretty boy knight who's devotion to his lord and belief in his own indestructibility alienate him from the others.

Along the way they meet Flendon, a half-mad half-insane paladin to a god no one's heard of for a thousand years who believe it is his god's orders that he accompany them, and speaks only in verses quoted from his holy books, and Rukiah Relve, an innocent healer who has a desperate thirst for adventure and whose body hides a terrible evil. With much wheedling by the female members of the group, Arallo eventually admits things about his past. His mother was raped by his father, who burned down his ancestral homeland when he found out they had produced a son. Arallo was kidnapped by slave traders and thrown into the fighting pits until he managed to escape at the age of seventeen. Upon their delivery of the Lord and Lady they are given a reward - Royal Passes, allowing them to travel hither and thither among the countries of the land. Arallo decides to use his new found freedom to hunt down his murderous rapist father, and the story more or less tackles along from there.

During the course of this, there are two grand sieges, three dead mercenaries, two sword battle atop giant winged creatures, one rape attempt by a renegade knight turned mad by an evil god, one airborne decapitiation AND the require explosion at the end for good measure.

(Warning: The Previous contained violence, sexual references and alcohol abuse, and should not have been read by young children. Sorry, I really should have said this earlier.)

Thoughts?

Edit: And Death, ofcourse theres a plot twist at the end (or something LIKE one, anyway). But I can't tell you about it, no matter how much I respect your work.

Haruki-kun
2008-01-16, 09:09 AM
Congratulations, Felixaar!

*Looks at own story*
......... I'm never gonna get done.

So congratulations to you! :smallbiggrin:

2008-01-16, 09:21 AM
Nothing wrong with trying:smallwink:

Tell me when it's shipped to Aussie and I'll look out for it in the bookstores!

Looks like a well developed book from those character descriptions, and It makes me wish to learn more about then just from that.

Congratulations!

Admiral Squish
2008-01-16, 09:54 AM
Hurrah! I'm glad one of us is finished. I can hardly get started with my stories...
I'ma go be emo now.

JessSoccer
2008-01-16, 12:36 PM
I'll buy a copy! LOL....just have to tell me when its available

spotmarkedx
2008-01-16, 12:47 PM
Is this finished as in "I am now happy with the story, and don't feel any immediate need to rewrite anything," or finished as in "the story has now been sent to the publisher, who is just now getting ready to print the novel in dead tree format?"

If the latter, you'll need to provide us with details so that we can support local (to GitP, anyway) novelists :smallsmile:

Telonius
2008-01-16, 12:50 PM
Congrats! I'm only up to about ... 60,000? 65,000? Well, anyway, nowhere near 100k words on mine.

Felixaar
2008-01-16, 08:44 PM
Finished into the point that I've typed "THE END", followed by (not really). And for the matter Death, I'm an aussie too so this'll be the first place it hits :smallbiggrin: thanks all for the congratulations. Best of luck with your own writing!

Jimblee
2008-01-16, 08:56 PM
'Grats

I have a friend who's trying to write a novel, but he always gets forty pages in, gets a new idea, and starts a new one

2008-01-16, 11:38 PM
Sweet! Didn't notice the aussieland sign! Well, tell me when it makes it over west then. :smallwink:

I could do with a good read, keep finishing all the books I buy, terrible habit of mine:smalltongue:

Vaynor
2008-01-18, 01:47 AM
Sweet! Didn't notice the aussieland sign! Well, tell me when it makes it over west then. :smallwink:

I could do with a good read, keep finishing all the books I buy, terrible habit of mine:smalltongue:

You should join a support group or something. Readers Anonymous (RA).

TRM
2008-01-19, 09:52 PM
This gives me an excellent opportunity to stalk you Felixaar. :smalltongue:

Felixaar
2008-01-20, 06:10 AM
Hooray, I have a stalker!

...why am I excited?

And yeah, I think I oughta join the RA too O.o

DarkLightDragon
2008-01-20, 06:17 AM
Congrats on actually finishing this. Sounds interesting.