PDA

View Full Version : The Dragon Lord PRC

Nevermore
2008-01-16, 02:48 PM
How effective is it really? I just got dragon magic and my Barbarian 2 Fighter 4 just calls to it...

Nevermore
2008-01-20, 11:16 PM
No thoughts at all?

D Knight
2008-01-20, 11:24 PM
never seen this PrC so can not tell u. and u must wait u will not get replays in mins it take a few hours to get real responces.

AmberVael
2008-01-20, 11:37 PM
He waited a few days, actually...
And I haven't heard of this PrC either, and I have pretty much all the books. Where is it from?

D Knight
2008-01-21, 12:19 AM
then i am sorry for that. cause this is the frist time i am seeing this thread. and we can supect its in dragon magic because of what he said. if i sound mean i did not mean it that way so sorry now.

Fizban
2008-01-21, 12:31 AM
Well, lets take a look. You get a few draconic auras, to a max bonus of +3, an inspire courage like effect that doesn't increase in bonus, a bit of bonus damage if you're completely surrounded, a bonus to leadership score for dragonblooded, and eventually the ability to demoralize a bunch of people at once if you kill something.

It's not worse the the CW samurai, but it's not so great either. You've got a higher BAB than a dragon shaman, but the shaman gets a (weak) breath weapon and some healing. In short: take it if you want it, but there are undoubtably better options out there.

AmberVael
2008-01-21, 01:40 AM
It's amazing how I can find the minor details like exact post times, but miss half of the post itself. >.<
Lessee... Dragon Magic. That explains it. I rarely open this book.
*opens book*

It's an interesting PrC. I'd have to agree with Fizban- it's not terrible, but it isn't winning a gold medal either. It is a more supportive combat character, so basically the bard with the ability to actually swing a sword. I'm not sure that's quite a good fit with a barbarian / fighter, but I guess you could flavor it right.

Lemur
2008-01-21, 02:01 AM
Unless your character has an abnormally high charisma, I wouldn't go for taking much of it. Actually, I probably wouldn't take it regardless, but maybe that's just me.

However, going over it, it looks like it makes a solid one level dip class. It's very easy to qualify for, and you can snag DR 1/- for you and all allies within 30 feet. Not a bad deal, I'd say. After that though, the class gets mediocre pretty fast.

Fizban
2008-01-21, 11:30 PM
If you just want one draconic aura at +1 you can burn a feat for it (if it's not in that book try Races of the Dragon). Then again, you get fewer feats than levels, so that might be a worse trade.