PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Rogue

wormwood
2008-01-16, 03:46 PM
I saw someone mention a Psionic Rogue in one of the other thread. I've been looking for a way to build just that but couldn't find an easy way to do it that didn't give up a ton of Manifester Levels. Is there a Psionic Rogue class or PrC? Any suggestions on what sort of build would get good psionic abilities with some sneak attack and skills thrown in?

CASTLEMIKE
2008-01-16, 04:03 PM
Here you go the Psychic Rogue at Wizard's:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b

Edit: There is also a Psychic Assassin variant also.

stainboy
2008-01-16, 04:08 PM
The class is called Lurk, from the Complete Psionic.

My roommate's playing one in the game I just started. They seem mechanically sound so far.

Person_Man
2008-01-16, 05:43 PM
You can also just play a Rogue 1/Psion X/PrC Y with the Able Learner feat. This will give you the same Skills as a Rogue, but a lot more powers and power points.

The Psychic Rogue is a solid class. It's best class ability is Mind Cripple, which you can get at 11th level. Dealing Int damage every time you Sneak Attack is utterly deadly to most enemies. Your overall Sneak Attack will be lower then a standard Rogue, but you'll have a small number of power points and useful powers to play around with. And since you have psionic powers, you can take the Expanded Knowledge feat. This opens up things like Claws of the Beast and Metamorphosis, which are uber.

I've read the Lurk, but I wasn't particularly impressed, and I haven't seen it played. But with Expanded Knowledge you could pull the same trick as any other psionic class.