PDA

View Full Version : Bizzare Race/Class combos...

Eldritch_Ent
2008-01-16, 04:05 PM
What's the wierdest Race/Class combination you've encountered? Either you, or someone else, or an NPC that you encountered. Even if you haven't played it, an interesting combination you've thought of will be good...

I once had a Warlock in my group who was reincarnated as a Tyrannosaur... He was Polymorph Any Object'd back into his human form a few encounters later, but it was still quite funny for the time it lasted. It ended up looking something like this-
http://nedroid.com/images/dinosaurwarlockep1.gif

How about you? Let's hear your story.

Chronos
2008-01-16, 04:21 PM
I like the quote from the Player's Handbook:

"Halfling rangers are legendary-- As in, you might have heard of one, but you'll probably never meet any."

Zenos
2008-01-16, 04:29 PM
I like the quote from the Player's Handbook:

"Halfling rangers are legendary-- As in, you might have heard of one, but you'll probably never meet any."

Aww, don't forget our dear, dear :belkar:

Apart from a gestalt ogre mage with bard levels on one side of the equation, I can't remember any particularly strange combinations of class/race.

zaei
2008-01-16, 04:31 PM
Enchanted Motercycle Fighter/Organist.

BloodyAngel
2008-01-16, 04:32 PM
Neutral Good Tiefling bard and ardent worshipper of Illmater. (Yes, I realize Illmater is LG) A very awesome character that was very well-played. Her brother the tiefling druid might also qualify. But as he was Neutral Evil, he fit closer to the tiefling stereotype. Plus, he was an NPC villain.

Back in the olden days of 2nd ed... with it's hilarious reincarnate tables... I had the joy of being restored to life as a large parrot with 10 levels of Rogue. I spent the next two months of that game claiming to be the druid's animal companion, and generally being a collosal jerk. (Which as a bird owner, I think is pretty spot-on roleplaying. [Scrubbed])

F.L.
2008-01-16, 04:57 PM

Ron Silver, you leave Heat Vision and Jack alone! Go back to NASA!

Acrux
2008-01-16, 05:05 PM
Yes, a Nedroid fan. I knew him from PWOT back in the Jay Pinkerton/Dr. Oxford days.

Strangest race/class combo I've ever seen:

Probably not that strange really, but there was the Half-Orc Bard/Barbarian/Cleric we ran into once. Yowch, that one still bring back painful memories...

Chronos
2008-01-16, 06:28 PM
Aww, don't forget our dear, dear :belkar: The PHB quote predates Mr. Bitterleaf. It does not, however, predate Trotter the Hobbit Ranger, #1 on the list of Top Ten Tolkien Characters who Never Quite Made it into Lord of the Rings. Yes, that's right, in early drafts of the manuscripts, Strider's character was going to be a hobbit.

NaYoN
2008-01-16, 06:48 PM
Illithid ghost rogue/chameleon was one I played. Don't ask :D

Glyde
2008-01-16, 07:13 PM
I'm playing a female Ibixian Priestess of Eldath, and a Half-Fiend Blade (2nd edition).

That's it for weird chars at the moment.

adanedhel9
2008-01-16, 07:20 PM
Gas Spore Paladin
Stone Roper Bard

I wonder how many people here know of these fabled characters?

TheLogman
2008-01-16, 08:08 PM
Half-Orc Wizard
Gnome Necromancer
Human Hulking Hurtler
Elven Tribal Chief
Elven Barbarian

Weirdlet
2008-01-16, 08:12 PM

Meat Loaf?

I'm playing a half-orc rogue/bard with dancing as her performing focus. What I really want to see someday is a vampire barbarian.

Glyde
2008-01-16, 08:25 PM
Oh, I saw a Warforged Druid once.

Fiery Diamond
2008-01-16, 08:37 PM
Half-Orc Expert. With an int score, without items or level bonuses, of 16.

Fun NPC.

-Fiery Diamond

Parvum
2008-01-16, 08:40 PM
I'm playing with a neutral good teifling that worships St. Cuthbert at the moment. (The worship was forced, our DM didn't like the idea of an atheist in the group. We're thinking of either having the bard be as chaotic/evil as possible (while still remaining loyal to the god's ideals) or creating a rival religion using an old shoe).

And though this hasn't actually been created yet, we've been toying with the idea of a ranger/spelltheif mystic theurge.

Akennedy
2008-01-16, 08:43 PM
A human mute truenamer?

RTGoodman
2008-01-16, 08:46 PM
Human Hulking Hurtler

I think you're looking for Hulking Hurler.

Though, now I want to actually make a PrC for people that are abnormally large and like to jump over things... :smallbiggrin:

andux
2008-01-16, 08:48 PM
Dwarven Druid?

/Pikel Bouldershoulder FTW.

Gardakan
2008-01-16, 08:50 PM
Dwarven Druid?

/Pikel Bouldershoulder FTW.<

Drwaarven Druid isn't strange...

andux
2008-01-16, 09:37 PM
Drwaarven Druid isn't strange...

I guess it depends on your concept of the race; I always imagined dwarves in general as being quite disdainful, if not oughtright hostile, toward nature (which probably ties into the whole dwarves-vs-elves thing).

Jaguira
2008-01-16, 09:53 PM
My friend's playing a gnome monk... It's rather amusing :smalltongue: And our DM has an NPC whose race is listed as "Gray Old Man" and whose class is "Gray Old Man."

Jaguira
2008-01-16, 09:59 PM
My friend's playing a gnome monk... It's rather amusing :smalltongue: And our DM has an NPC whose race is listed as "Gray Old Man" and whose class is "Gray Old Man."

dragonseth
2008-01-16, 10:15 PM
I was fond of my brother's old Gnome Barbarian. I can hear him now, "I said STOP THE SHORT JOKES!" *rage echoing Vhailor's at the end of Planescape: Torment*

Talya
2008-01-16, 10:20 PM
I guess it depends on your concept of the race; I always imagined dwarves in general as being quite disdainful, if not oughtright hostile, toward nature (which probably ties into the whole dwarves-vs-elves thing).

Doo-dad! Oo oi!

mabriss lethe
2008-01-16, 10:28 PM
Goblin warlock

Wight spellthief/shadowdancer

A warforged bard named Wurlitzer whos singing sounded distinctly like an electric organ.

Kyton expert (posed as a small town blacksmith)

dragonseth
2008-01-16, 10:30 PM
Kyton as in a Chain Devil?

mabriss lethe
2008-01-16, 10:42 PM
Kyton as in a Chain Devil?

yessiree. the PCs wound up in a small town where things were just a little too quiet. A cult was growing there and the Chain devil was at the center of it.

(an interesting feature of note was that every dwelling had a "good luck charm" consisting of a few links of chain hanging over every door. Getting out alive was rather difficult. )

dragonseth
2008-01-16, 10:49 PM
That's evil. *yoink*

On topic, I had been toying with the idea of a Werebear Druid (inspiration coming from my obsession of choice right now: DotA)

Half-blood
2008-01-16, 10:55 PM
wow...I was going to say a half-orc paladin but...

Hzurr
2008-01-16, 11:02 PM
Half-Orc Wizard
Gnome Necromancer

I actually played one of these. He decided that the most humorous way to fight evil was at the head of an army of undead. Unfortunately, he died before he got to be a high enough level, and was then reincarnated as a dwarf. *sigh* It just didn't feel the same after that.

Outside of d&d, I think the weirdest one that I ever played was a Miralukan Sniper in Starwars d20 (the Miraluka are blind, so I got some funny looks using a high-powered rifle while wearing a blindfold.)

FlyMolo
2008-01-16, 11:05 PM
That's evil. *yoink*

On topic, I had been toying with the idea of a Werebear Druid (inspiration coming from my obsession of choice right now: DotA)

I have a friend obsessed with that game. But he won't tell me what DotA stands for.

Aasimar/warlock. Always a classic.

Other than that, cant really think of anything.

illithid\warlock/spellthief! I think I just invented win! You'd need epic levels to pull it off, but you'd be so cool! ECL 55, or something.

Talya
2008-01-16, 11:08 PM
Awakened Elephant Rogue.

wadledo
2008-01-16, 11:09 PM
Sea Kin Walker of the Wastes.
Don't ask me how that worked, I tried not to think on it.

SilentNight
2008-01-16, 11:14 PM

That is just to cool for words.

As far as strange combos the only things I can think of are a cat rouge lvl one( cat rolled three natural 20's and killed a carrion crawler). That and a half-orc baker(fighter) that threw lead cookies at people.

dragonseth
2008-01-16, 11:31 PM
I have a friend obsessed with that game. But he won't tell me what DotA stands for.

Aasimar/warlock. Always a classic.

Other than that, cant really think of anything.

illithid\warlock/spellthief! I think I just invented win! You'd need epic levels to pull it off, but you'd be so cool! ECL 55, or something.

DotA stands for Defense of the Ancients (www.dota-allstars.com). It's a real nifty map for Warcraft 3.

The notion of an Orc Bard hitting people over the head with his instrument of choice tickles me, as well.

HydwenPrydain
2008-01-16, 11:41 PM
I'm a big fan of Aasimir or Sun Elf arcanists with the Shadow Weave Magic feat.

LibraryOgre
2008-01-16, 11:57 PM
Half-elf Fighter, to hear most people on the boards.

Medieve
2008-01-17, 12:04 AM
Awakened Elephant Rogue.

Thats just bizarrely awesome

Geneticist
2008-01-17, 12:45 AM
Half-Orc or Elven Monk.

Draz74
2008-01-17, 01:42 AM
Pixie Monk, Kobold Monk, Dromite Monk ...

Dwarf Bard. Oooh! - Thri-Kreen Bard. Yeah.

Half-Giant Sorcerer, Xeph Cleric ... just about any psionic race with a non-psionic-caster class, actually.

The Extinguisher
2008-01-17, 02:18 AM
Tiefling Bard/Paladin.
Gibbering Mouther Bard
Gelatinous Ooze Rogue.

Adumbration
2008-01-17, 02:30 AM
Mephit monk. At low levels, it's a killer. (At least when it's couple levels higher and controlled by the DM.):smalltongue:

JackMage666
2008-01-17, 02:39 AM
Vasharan Divine Mind. It's not technically against the rules, just the fluff.

The Professor
2008-01-17, 02:42 AM
A ton of things here already trump my Ogre Bard. Great thing was, he was pretty good at it. House-ruled his Charisma up to 16. Deep voice.

I've always wanted to give an Orc Wizard a shot...

paigeoliver
2008-01-17, 02:43 AM
In one campaign the GM wanted us to "munchkin out our characters a little bit", so I obliged, and my roommate, myself and his girlfriend played the following.

All 3 were half siblings with the same father, different mothers.

Peter Gabriel - Illumian/Half Minotaur. Cleric (worshipped the Golden Calf, which was a statue at his father's house), into the Chameleon prestige class. My character.

Phil Collins - Illumian/ Half Kobold. Wizard with some really cheesy build. Roommate's character.

Dogmar - Illumian / Half-Orc. You guessed it, Fighter/Barbarian. Belongs to roommate's girlfriend who likes playing dumb warriors who smash things.

All 3 characters had the Shaky and Inattentive flaws and had the basic illumian race from Races of Destiny. Peter Gabriel was using the half-minotaur template from Dragon magazine (an ECL +1 template better than most that cost +3, plus he came into play with it BOUGHT OFF!!!). Phil Collins was using the Half-Kolbold template from the book of templates and Dogmar was using the Half-orc template from the same book (both ECL +0).

Dragoon
2008-01-17, 02:47 AM
Half-celestial elven ninja, or warforged dragon shaman.

NaYoN
2008-01-17, 02:48 AM
We once had an accident involving the party paladin who unfortunately became a Gelatinous Human Paladin...

endoperez
2008-01-17, 03:24 AM
Gas Spore Paladin
Stone Roper Bard

I wonder how many people here know of these fabled characters?

Heh, I remember reading about them in RGFrpDnd. I still don't know where they came from.

I haven't been able to play it yet, but I'd like to make middle-aged Human Rogue sometime. A bored aristocrat with very good social skills, and a masterwork light mace made to look like a walking cane. :smallbiggrin: Old characters seem rather rare.

Armads
2008-01-17, 03:25 AM
Warforged Totemist. It has nice synergy, but I can't imagine what Girallon Arms look like on a robot.

Talic
2008-01-17, 03:32 AM
Illithid Commoner

What's it farming, REALLY?

adanedhel9
2008-01-17, 08:23 AM
Heh, I remember reading about them in RGFrpDnd. I still don't know where they came from.

If my memory serves, they came out of a discussion on Savage Species, shortly after it came out. Someone said something like, "The idea behind this book is that any monster in the MM should be a playable character...". At which point people started spouting the weirdest combinations they could come up with. Gas Spore Paladin and Stone Roper Bard entered into RGFD legend, but there were many more. I seem to recall a Gelatinous Cube Rogue and a Piercer Sorcerer as well.

WorthingSon
2008-01-17, 09:31 AM
My two last characters (in overpowered gestalt camp's of course)...

Vampire Troll-blooded Winged Catfolk Warlock/Ninja

and

Dvati Pally/Warblade/Spellthief/Warrior (and one of my Dvati bodies was an undead Half-Minotaur Half-Emerald Dragon Human)

hewhosaysfish
2008-01-17, 10:05 AM
Illithid Commoner

What's it farming, REALLY?

Hydras, is the suggestion I've heard.
Brains for everyone!

mikeejimbo
2008-01-17, 05:44 PM
The notion of an Orc Bard hitting people over the head with his instrument of choice tickles me, as well.

I played one of those once, in a non-serious oneshot.

Leon
2008-01-18, 03:51 AM
Both the result of Reincarnation

House cat Monk
Paladin Badger

AslanCross
2008-01-18, 04:18 AM
Half-Orc bard who specializes in Perform (Dance). Our rogue supposedly got her Perform (Dance) ranks from that guy.

"Burly Man-Orc" was the idea of one of the rogue player's friends. He never really joined the group, but he uh, tried to RP the Half-orc dancing.

Not a pretty sight.

Tavenknaughtlin
2008-01-18, 05:34 AM
Lizardfolk Crusader. Used to be a Lizardfolk Fighter, but he died so many times that an unknown god gave him pity and taught him how to be a Crusader so he wouldn't bite the dust as much.

The best part is doing an Elder Mountain Hammer with his bite.

Talic
2008-01-18, 05:42 AM
What would you get if you had a human expert with a skill focus in Profession (mining), who died, and was later reincarnated as a gerbil?

Where would he burrow?

Yami
2008-01-18, 06:05 AM
The goliath wizard always struck me as counter intuitive.

Hypothetical
2008-01-19, 03:27 AM
Troll-Paladin. ( Palladium games. 14 feet tall, Str of 30, Int of 20. Dual wielding Flamberges for 2 3D6 (Not including Str Bonuses) hits per round. It wasn't pretty, no pun intended.)

Doomsy
2008-01-19, 04:58 AM
Aasimar Frenzied Berserker. CN. From Ysgard.

The CN was debatable, but the GM decided that her horrifying blood lust was apparently somewhat restrained by the fact she had made a conscious decision to side with 'good', since technically, good is almost always outnumbered and that gives her more people to fight.

Warforged Drunken Master

I don't know if this even WORKS.

Changeling Master of Many Forms

DM did this.
We didn't catch on until the character her/him/itself flipped out and spilled the beans after quite a few run-ins.
Utter bastard.

Thri-keen Ninja

Yeah, this was pretty horrible.

Thri-keen Bard

"Wait, what? Two lutes?"

Diakos
2008-01-19, 06:41 AM
Thri-keen Bard

"Wait, what? Two lutes?"

Oh that would be SO awesome if it was 2 Banjos... He could like play Duelling Banjos with himself... Effing win right there.

F.L.
2008-01-19, 08:07 AM
"Wait, what? Two lutes?"

Ah, but what race would you have to be to play a full game of Rock Band alone?

Moral Wiz
2008-01-19, 08:41 AM
Don't know how it compares, but Assimar Warlock can't be all that common; right?:smallbiggrin:

Moral Wiz
2008-01-19, 08:44 AM
I say that, then find the one on page 2.

Oh well. I still like the idea anyway.:smallbiggrin:

Chronos
2008-01-19, 01:39 PM
The goliath wizard always struck me as counter intuitive.Any more so than a half-giant witch (http://www.narniaweb.com/narnia-character-profiles.asp?id=76)?

Sanzh
2008-01-19, 04:34 PM
I'm about to play a Warforged Crusader...
Mostly because my DM's forcing me too...

Arutema
2008-01-19, 05:00 PM

Insectile Thri-keen. Wait, that template gives a fixed six limbs, not two extra.

A Marilith could almost manage using a headset mic. She -might- have some trouble with the bass kick.

Blackadder
2008-01-19, 08:19 PM
Half-Orc Paladin/Rogue
3 Levels of Paladin/5 Levels of Rogue
Endless levels of fun!

Memorable quotes
On accidentally breaking into the Evil Mayor NPC's daughters room instead of the Mayor's room.
"Go back to sleep little girl, I am the the night watchman, I am just on my rounds"

Note:He broke into the room via the window, via his own body, via charging through the window with greatsword in hand.

A conversation between the cleric and the former Paladin.
"They kicked me out because I like horses to much"
"What's wrong with liking horses?"
"I know, it's a shame, the meat on the first horse they gave me was quite good"

And the fun fact that despite the fact he got -7 to his Move silently rolls, he still managed to sneak past people in regular plate mail via very high rolls and the DM rolling seven seperate 1's on listen checks.

Quietus
2008-01-19, 08:21 PM
Half-Orc or Elven Monk.

Half-orcs make decent monks, actually. Their penalties are in the two stats that matter least, and a strength bonus never hurts. Plus, I love me some darkvision.

That being said, I've seen awakened monstrous spider rogues before. Crazy jumping skills are awesome.

Ganurath
2008-01-19, 08:29 PM
The people I'd play with would always give me a hard time for running a Half-Orc Scout. I suppose I'll throw that in on their behalf, but I personally don't see anything contradicting there.

As for my own lot to cast: Dromite Monk. Don't ask, please don't ask.

Danin
2008-01-19, 09:20 PM
Human /Ghost/Sentient Sword Wizard / Master of the unseen hand

Has leadership so my cohort can wield me.

Naihal
2008-01-19, 09:56 PM
Aasimar Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple with Infernal heritage feats. NPC thrown at us by the DM just to make us blink when he read the description out loud.

RTGoodman
2008-01-19, 10:18 PM
"Go back to sleep little girl, I am the the night watchman, I am just on my rounds"

Note:He broke into the room via the window, via his own body, via charging through the window with greatsword in hand.

I literally laughed out loud about that.

I guess my fellow gamers aren't all that creative - they looked at me all funny when I wanted to play a Half-Orc Monk, which isn't even all that strange! I guess I need to find something really weird to throw at them as my next character...

Ganurath
2008-01-19, 10:22 PM
I literally laughed out loud about that.

I guess my fellow gamers aren't all that creative - they looked at me all funny when I wanted to play a Half-Orc Monk, which isn't even all that strange! I guess I need to find something really weird to throw at them as my next character...Half-Elf Warlock? Halfling Cleric of St. Cuthbert? Gnome Paladin?

kentma57
2008-01-19, 10:36 PM
LE bunny, sorcer 11, do I need to say more...

RTGoodman
2008-01-19, 11:03 PM
Half-Elf Warlock? Halfling Cleric of St. Cuthbert? Gnome Paladin?

Actually, I planned on playing a Gnome Paladin once, but then decided on something else instead.

Actually, I was thinking something more along the lines of Half-Dragon Warforged Bard or maybe something like that.

dragonseth
2008-01-20, 09:43 AM
Actually, I planned on playing a Gnome Paladin once, but then decided on something else instead.

Actually, I was thinking something more along the lines of Half-Dragon Warforged Bard or maybe something like that.

My friend, Bob, played a Half-Dragon Warforged Enlightened Fist.

Nebo_
2008-01-20, 10:08 AM
Dogmeat, the Dog fighter/barbarian to go into bear warrior to become... a bigger dog. Yes, he's the dog from Fallout. What of it?

Ganurath
2008-01-20, 10:32 AM
Human Wereboar Barbarian going into Bear Warrior. Be the ManBearPig!

SoD
2008-01-20, 10:40 AM
I know of an NPC paladin who weilds an orc double-axe in combat, and offers a few prayers to four different gods. One of whom was Gruumsh.

Why? She was good friends with a half orc, and thought 'well, if he's the patron god of Shyle, he can't be completely bad.'

Lets see that wisdom score of 4 shall we?

SCPRedMage
2008-01-21, 04:53 AM
My friend, Bob, played a Half-Dragon Warforged Enlightened Fist.
Err.. How did that happen, again? Seeing as Warforged can't actually reproduce, there shouldn't even BE a way for a dragon to breed with one...

Shademan
2008-01-21, 06:13 AM
class and level: lv 15 dwarven defender.
race/subrace: ghost crab.

how: druids and their spells! and a DM with bad humor.

he kept his feats and stuff! we experiensed a Ghost crab resisting a Orc's bull rush!

Ninja Chocobo
2008-01-21, 10:12 AM
Gelatinous Ooze Rogue.

How does one roleplay this?

"I squish down the corridor..."

Anthropomorphic Octopi (Giant or normal) have six arms...One could be a Totemist and take Girallion Arms, so then they'd have eight...
It could be Voidminded, as well, for an extra tentacle.

LE bunny, sorcer 11, do I need to say more...

That's no ordinary rabbit!

On another note, one could be a Dustorm Incarnate Construct Anthropomorphic Bear Werebear Bear Warrior/Druid.

I imagine it would be...difficult to tell the different forms apart.

The Extinguisher
2008-01-21, 11:34 AM
How does one roleplay this?

"I squish down the corridor..."

Sneak Envelop?

I would suggest hanging around on ceilings.

Tokiko Mima
2008-01-21, 11:39 AM
Succubus Paladins are pretty rare, but also completely awesome. :smallcool:

Ninja Chocobo
2008-01-21, 12:13 PM
Sneak Envelop?

I would suggest hanging around on ceilings.

I was referring to the marked lack of sapience.

Zenos
2008-01-21, 12:30 PM
Err.. How did that happen, again? Seeing as Warforged can't actually reproduce, there shouldn't even BE a way for a dragon to breed with one...

A Perverted Wizard Did It.

(or maybe the parent Warforged was "fitted" for all occasions, and the dragon took the form of an opposite gender "fully equipped" warforged.

Chronos
2008-01-21, 01:28 PM
Pet peeve alert:
Anthropomorphic Octopi...If you want to just use the normal everyday English rules, the plural of "octopus" is "octopuses". If you want to be erudite and obscure and import the classical pluralization rules, then the plural is "octopodes". In no case is the plural of "octopus" "octopi".

I was referring to the marked lack of sapience.I think the usual method is to give it the Fiendish or Celestial template first, which grants an intelligence score of at least 3. Which is also, coincidentally, the minimum intelligence score needed to be allowed to take class levels.

hewhosaysfish
2008-01-21, 02:58 PM
class and level: lv 15 dwarven defender.
race/subrace: ghost crab.

how: druids and their spells! and a DM with bad humor.

he kept his feats and stuff! we experiensed a Ghost crab resisting a Orc's bull rush!

I thought dwarven defenders had to be, well, dwarves? Or is Ghost Crab a dwarf subrace?! :smalleek:
Perhaps the Ghost of Crab Dwarf...?

theMycon
2008-01-21, 04:30 PM
Vampiric Minotaur Sorcerer.

From the worst DM I'd ever had, who simply wanted to have massive, impossible battles with massive bodycounts, with a group of 6-8 characters (because no time "worked for everyone"), the only character from our party who hadn't died & been replaced was a first-timer who'd been allowed to take Dread Necromancer as a base class. The lot of us were level 7-8, the Vampiric Minotaur Sorcerer had an ECL of 20- he was the main baddie's right hand man, who we'd been seeing regularly for months now. When one of my characters (second, I think) had died two sessions earlier, DM & I agreed that my new Cleric had been travelling with them the whole time, he'd just spent all of it in item creation. Thus, I came in without a penny to my name, almost a full level below average, with a +1 cold iron holy longsword of undead bane.

We get to the minotaur, and I immediately hand my sword to the "mostly fighter" designed specifically for this battle (spring attack, multiple AoO's, favored enemy...). The other 3* who died in the last two battles also hand him their best magical items. We all buff the hell out of him (everything available at level 7 & 8), take suicidal tactics to make sure the fighter always got his full attack but the minotaur never a chance to hit him. So, us meatshields were all dead in 4 rounds- only the dread necromancer (with his innate DR/- and ability to summon things that had more HP than the rest of us combined) survived a single attack. The buffed-as-hell fighter, doing a minimum 16, maximum 42 damage per hit, with 3-8 hits (thank you, haste & suicidal bull-rush AoO's.) per round, and enough luck that his AoO's managed to break the guy's concentration onces before he could touch-spell-oneshot him twice, did about 200 damage before eventually going down.

How do we manage to get rid of him? The one sorcerer not in on the suicide plan, who's been hiding in the next room flinging totally ineffective evocations the whole time (did I mention the DM wanted impossible battles? Energy Resistance) eventually ends up running back in the maze we'd just spent 2 hours lost in, flinging magic missiles back and forth after he'd run out of every other spell. Finally, with 3HP left, two more first level spells, the thing drops. Calculating the treasure & XP, if the rules hadn't specifically said "no," he should've gotten about a million gold, and enough XP to bring him to level 13.

*Gorgons- A giant cone of "save or die" on level 7's. Being a low save doesn't matter, if you hit enough people.

Zenos
2008-01-21, 04:36 PM
I thought dwarven defenders had to be, well, dwarves? Or is Ghost Crab a dwarf subrace?! :smalleek:
Perhaps the Ghost of Crab Dwarf...?

You see the druid part.

Reincarnation fun, it seems.

Flawless
2008-01-21, 04:52 PM
Dwarven Ninja/Dread Pirate :smallbiggrin:

LibraryOgre
2008-01-21, 11:34 PM

Whoever created them involved heavy portions of dragon's blood in the quenching process; they were infused with a major portion of draconic essence, and weren't necessarily bred with a dragon.

RTGoodman
2008-01-22, 12:08 AM

Easy - the Warforged was crafted with bits of dragonhide or dragonheart or something off of a dead dragon, and through the complex arcane ritual that gave sentience to the Warforged, the powers of the dragon also manifested.

EDIT: And speaking of complex arcane rituals, I guess I should have checked the last page...:smallconfused:

Hecatonchires
2008-01-22, 01:06 AM

With almost all the Far Realm research having been done by elven wizards, I've always seen D&D elves as very anti-nature, like elitist masters of it, even if they seek to master it in much more subtler ways than humans.

Dwarves seemed too laid-back or uninterested in nature to be opposed to it.

Although this is just MY perception regarding the races.

LibraryOgre
2008-01-22, 01:12 AM
With almost all the Far Realm research having been done by elven wizards, I've always seen D&D elves as very anti-nature, like elitist masters of it, even if they seek to master it in much more subtler ways than humans.

Dwarves seemed too laid-back or uninterested in nature to be opposed to it.

Although this is just MY perception regarding the races.

Andux's view is much more in line with previous edition views of the races. Dwarves weren't necessarily hostile to "nature", but they tended to regard it as hostile to them, and therefore struggled with it, while elves embraced natural things.

Where's the Far Realms stuff from? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but I haven't bothered to keep up with a lot of D&D stuff.

serok42
2008-01-22, 09:51 AM
Awakened Elephant Rogue.

At one point my group was going to play as awakened animals for a few sessions but it never got off of the ground.

I so wanted to play a squirrel evoker.

People calmly walking through the woods. cute fuzzy squirrel sitting on a branch.
All of the sudden! FIRE BALL!
Squirrel runs up and takes the pack of peanuts out of the charred remains

MUA HA HA HA

Admiral Squish
2008-01-22, 10:25 AM

A pair of dolgrim!

AmberVael
2008-01-22, 10:46 AM
Here are some of my favorites...

Monk/Psychic Warrior. Kobold.
Add trench coat and sunglasses.
Matrix kobold, anyone?

Then there was the... *gasps for air*
Half-dragon, half-celestial, half-fiend, half-farspawn, shadow dark feral insectile winged reptilian water orc with illithid heritage feats. I think he had a single level in fighter. But he was vicious. (I suppose all the halves were eighths in practice?) That one was bizarre to hear described. I used it in Town later after my DM stopped using him as an NPC. I guessed he looked something like this:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Other/Shade.png
My explanation was that he was an ungodly creation of the limbo spawning stone. I'm not sure my DM ever gave one- he was more like "here ya go. Fight this, you optimizing suckers." It was pretty fun. We ended up dropping a mountain on it.

Then there was the Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale Cleric. Nicknamed "Beluga Bill." He was pretty amusing- he had it in his mind to get people back for hunting whales, and used a harpoon in a sort of cosmic irony.

Yeah, fun stuff. I still like the kobold the best. I mean really, Matrix kobold. You can't argue with that.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-22, 09:44 PM
Is it too late to suggest a Beguiler Beguiler who focuses on beguiling people?:smallfrown:

F.L.
2008-01-22, 10:05 PM
Is it too late to suggest a Beguiler Beguiler who focuses on beguiling people?:smallfrown:

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.

Malkovich malkovich Malkovich Malkovich malkovich.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-22, 10:26 PM
Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.

Malkovich malkovich Malkovich Malkovich malkovich.

There's actually a race called Beguiler you know. It's from Shining South, and Beguiler class is from PHB2.

Oh well. :smallannoyed:

dragonseth
2008-01-23, 08:48 AM
There's actually a race called Beguiler you know. It's from Shining South, and Beguiler class is from PHB2.

Oh well. :smallannoyed:

If it makes you feel any better, I thought the idea was funny.