PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 rumers/facts!

Zephra
2008-01-16, 07:32 PM
What have you heard about 4.0 (dungeons and dragons) ?

here's my list of rumers
gnomes and half/orks out. Dragonprimes(?) take half orks place
wizard/sorcerer magic is astetically different. if a sorcerer just cast a fireball, you'll see licks of flame and smoke, reflecting her untamed power. a wizard's magic is more precice
more balenced: fighters and barbarions will be just as powerful at high levels as sorcerers and wizards
rangers re-thought. they're underpowered

what've you heard?

Worira
2008-01-16, 07:35 PM
Uh, have you been going out of your way to avoid information here?

Zephra
2008-01-16, 07:37 PM
no, I'm just dumb.

no, actually I have very limited computer access, and the wizards of the coast site is off limits for me. (curses!)

so...nevermind, I guess. Aperently, everyone else knows this stuff already...

13_CBS
2008-01-16, 07:38 PM
Please...please work on your spelling and grammar. :smallannoyed:

Theli
2008-01-16, 07:54 PM
They're called dragonborn. They may lay eggs.

Wizards and Sorcerers seem to be kinda combined, I'm not sure. Though there's likely some kind of flavor attached to one of the progressions that gives it a more primal feel, akin to the sorcerer.

Yeah, balance... Both by limiting just what type of spells can be prepared by spellcasters (meaning that the variety will still be there, but the list is split up into a few different lists that you can then pick up a few from each, but no more) and by given non-spellcasters more capabilities that rival those spells.

And then...hell, forget it. Just go to enworld.org and check their 4e coverage. That should keep you busy for a while.

Draz74
2008-01-16, 08:00 PM
forget it. Just go to enworld.org and check their 4e coverage. That should keep you busy for a while.

Link: this whole page. (http://www.enworld.org/index.php?page=4e) It's much more helpful than the Wizards' web site. If you can't access this, either ... sorry, dunno how else to help.