PDA

View Full Version : Dragon as a class

WhammeWhamme
2008-01-17, 12:56 AM
Okay. In my Ptolus game (3.5 with Arcana Evolved classes and races available but highly unusual - which is to say, still fitting in in Ptolus), one player asked me to make them a Dragon PC. They are now a Brass Dragon Wyrmling, and very happy with it. (Personally, I think the 1d6 breath weapon is incredibly weak compared to the Sleep Gas, but am not sure I want to tweak it)...

In any event, looking at the differences between Wyrmling and Very Young, it struck me that it was not worth the LA and HD cost, not to mention how awkward the idea of gaining levels that include LA is.

So I decided to refit it into being a Prestige class that gives all the abilities over some levels, and booted out the Level Adjustment (so the PC is a Brass Dragon Wyrmling with better stats and gear who will be levelling up in this class). I just wanted some feedback as to how balanced this is...

Also, I'm considering upping the rate of casting progression.

Scion of House Dallimothian (Brass)

Entry Requirements:
+4 Base Attack Bonus
Wyrmling
Membership of House Dallimothian

Hit Die: d8
Skills: (6+INT)

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies:
Simple Weapons, Medium Armour

Scion of House Dramothian (Prestige Class)
Level BAB Fort. Reflex. Will. Nat. AC Special
1 +1 +0 +0 +0 +1 Improved Breath Weapon (+1d6)
2 +2 +1 +1 +1 +2 +2 Strength
3 +3 +1 +1 +1 +2 Small Size
4 +4 +1 +1 +1 +3 Spellcasting
5 +5 +2 +2 +2 +3 Improved Breath Weapon (+2d6)
6 +6 +2 +2 +2 +4 +2 Intelligence
7 +7 +2 +2 +2 +4 +2 Charisma, +2 Constitution
8 +8 +3 +3 +3 +5 +2 Strength
9 +9 +3 +3 +3 +5 +2 Wisdom
10 +10 +3 +3 +3 +6 Medium Size, Altered Flight

11 +11 +3 +3 +3 +6 Endure Elements (3/day, 40 ft. r),
Improved Breath Weapon (+3d6)
12 +12 +4 +4 +4 +7 Spellcasting
13 +13 +4 +4 +4 +8 +2 Strength
14 +14 +4 +4 +4 +9 Spellcasting

Spell Slots
Level Level 0 Level 1 Level 2
4 2 1
12 3 2
14 3 2 1

Improved Breath Weapon
The Difficulty Class of saving throws against any Breath Weapons possessed by Scions of House Dallimothian increases by one for each two levels gained in the Scion of House Dallimothian Class, just as though the Dragon had gained Hit Dice normally. At level 1, and again at levels 5 and 11, the damage of the Scion's damaging breath weapon increases by 1d6.

Improved Characteristics
At levels 2, 8 and 13 the Scion gains a +2 bonus to their Strength score. At level 6 they gain a +2 bonus to their Intelligence score. At level 7 they gain a +2 bonus to their Charisma and to their Constitution score. At level 9 they gain a +2 bonus to their Wisdom score.

Size Increases
At level 3, a Scion of House Dallimothian increases in size to become size Small.
At level 10, they increase again, becoming size Medium.
Their natural weapons improve appropriately (gaining two Wing attacks at level10).

Spellcasting
At level 4, a Scion of House Dallimothian gains spellcasting abilities as indicated on the chart. They may cast simple spells, without needing any somatic components.

Altered Flight
At level 10 a Scion of House Dallimothian is so large their increased wingspan allows them to fly at 200 ft. rather than 150 ft. However, their maneuverability is reduced to poor.

Endure Elements

At level 11 a Scion of House Dallimothian gains the spell-like ability Endure Elements, usable 3 times per day. It has a 40 ft. radius when used.