PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a litter

JWhitehead
2008-01-17, 08:42 AM
Ok this is kind of an odd question but here it goes:
how would you have a character carried around on a litter/sedan chair sort of thing, Im looking for RAW interpretations of how you would do it. Also how would you make it viable in a combat situation of you could?
I ask solely because I have a recently crippled caster whom I would very much like to have carried around by mind addled slaves

Tempest Fennac
2008-01-17, 08:44 AM
Wouldn't a Heal spell (or possibly another healing spell) cure the spellcaster of being crippled? I suppose banning him from taking Reflex saves or moving when the litter gets put down would work if you didn't want to cure the problem. Also, if 1 of the servants gets disabled in some way, it could stop the others from moving the litter depending on its weight.

Yami
2008-01-18, 06:19 AM
Treat the litter as a mount.

Talic
2008-01-18, 06:29 AM
Wouldn't a Heal spell (or possibly another healing spell) cure the spellcaster of being crippled? I suppose banning him from taking Reflex saves or moving when the litter gets put down would work if you didn't want to cure the problem. Also, if 1 of the servants gets disabled in some way, it could stop the others from moving the litter depending on its weight.

That's a little harsh, as even SLEEPING people get reflex saves (with a -5 dex penalty).

Tempest Fennac
2008-01-18, 07:52 AM
That is a good point (dmittedly, sleeping people would actually be capable of moving rather then being stuck in 1 place perminantly like the character in question would be).

Feralgeist
2008-01-18, 08:14 AM
yeah, but even if they couldnt walk, someone could hurl themselves out of a litter with their arms, or roll out of the way

Tempest Fennac
2008-01-18, 08:18 AM
I hadn't actually considered that. Do you think imposing a -7 penalty to Reflex saves while using a rule where a successful save will result in th character falling off the litter would work?

bosssmiley
2008-01-18, 08:26 AM
Count your weight, plus the weight of the litter/sedan chair (about 50-100lbs depending on construction) as weight carried for the slaves. This should modify their saves somewhat IIRC.

You'll probably be moving 20'/rnd with the standard 2-4 carriers. Why not just put wheels on the thing and go rickshaw instead. Rickshaws rock!