PDA

View Full Version : Spell sheets

Soepvork
2008-01-18, 06:21 AM
Hi,

I'll be playing a spellcaster again in an upcoming game, the first in a very long time. I remember keeping administration for the spells were always a hassle, so I was wondering, can the almighty wisdom of the GitP-forum provide me with tips or practical sheets?

Thanks in advance.

Nebo_
2008-01-18, 06:25 AM
What sort of caster?

Soepvork
2008-01-18, 06:33 AM
In this case, a wizard/druid (and Mystic Theurge and Arcane Hierophant levels later).

Swooper
2008-01-18, 07:08 AM
http://www.emass-web.com/index.php

There. This is the best thing since sliced bread, when it comes to managing any sort of spell/power/manouvre-user.

Soepvork
2008-01-18, 07:44 AM
Thanks, I remember seeing that site around before...

leperkhaun
2008-01-18, 08:22 AM
I type it out then print it.

Saph
2008-01-18, 09:22 AM
I prefer home-made ones, personally. I type an A4 sheet of spell slots out in Word, looking something like this:

1st-level: _________________ 2nd-level: _________________
(DC: 14/15) _________________ (DC: 15/16) _________________

(there should be more space between them, but you get the idea.)

Then I print off the sheet and write the spells prepared for that day in pencil in the '______' spaces. When they're cast, I put a check mark by them. When I recover spells for the day, I rub out the check marks with a eraser, and if I want to change the spell to something else, I rub that out and write in a new one instead.

It means I can keep all my prepared spells on one sheet of A4 without any clutter, and see what I've cast and what I've still got ready with a glance. The only drawback is that I have to reformat the sheet and print it out again each time I go up a level, but that only takes a few minutes.

If your character doesn't have many spell slots, you can fit in your spellbook/spells known in the top half of the page, too.

- Saph