PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

lwelyk
2008-01-18, 01:23 PM
I am considering getting this game and I had two questions about it.

Is this game worth it if there will be only two people playing it, for the most part?
Where's the best place to buy it? I noticed APE has a scratch and dent sale, is that a good place to get it?

Thank you in advance.

Spider76
2008-01-20, 04:34 AM
I really think that this is the best board/card game that i played in years :smallcool:

For the store, well i live in Israel and i found a good US store that sold it for the best price with delivery (hope it is ok to write the name :smallredface: ) :

Art's Game Store

lwelyk
2008-01-20, 05:20 PM
Well I decided and I ordered it. Shipping is killer though. Priority Mail was the only option and it was $9.95!

some_other_dave
2008-01-22, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure how good a two-player game it is. I've only played the once so far, but found it less than satisfying. A friend who also owns it agrees that it does not play as well with two as with more.

-soD

lwelyk
2008-01-22, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure how good a two-player game it is. I've only played the once so far, but found it less than satisfying. A friend who also owns it agrees that it does not play as well with two as with more.

-soD

Yeah, well I expected it to be not as good with two, but from reading older posts on here I believe it's good enough for me.

Spider76
2008-01-23, 08:07 AM
when i play, it is also allmost allways a 2 players game.
Each one of us picks 2-3 characters and it is still alot of fun :smallbiggrin:

lwelyk
2008-01-23, 11:58 AM
when i play, it is also allmost allways a 2 players game.
Each one of us picks 2-3 characters and it is still alot of fun :smallbiggrin:

That's what I was thinking of doing. I enjoyed doing stuff like that in the past. Although I wish it would ship already ;_;

Spider76
2008-01-24, 03:22 AM
took mine 2 loooong weeks to arrive :smalltongue:
(Also with the order of all 4 books)

Wanderlust
2008-01-26, 01:05 PM
The first week I had the game I think I played with my girlfriend every night, and it was still really fun getting to know the game. After a while you will naturally want to add new players, because it is a different dynamic. You'll also learn that the support characters (elan and durkon) are less effective without other players to help fund your strategy, while Belkar really isn't much fan in a 2 player game (it can get nasty since he's best at attacking other players). When we play 2 player games, we usually end up playing Roy, Haley, Durkon, and sometimes V (once you've played a bit).

Have fun.