PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Amazing Race!

The Linker
2008-01-19, 11:44 PM
As we all know, there are about 60 zillion comics in this board, and most of them are great. But! One thing I have noticed is that there are no script-format works of fan fiction, as far as I can see. I hope to change that. :smallbiggrin:

Nintendo Amazing Race was something that I began writing years ago on the NSider forums, then stopped before getting anywhere close to the end. :smallyuk: It was, of course, a Nintendo version of the popular reality show, Amazing Race, but there was an interactive part to it, too. After the first half of any given leg, I would stop, and ask for readers' votes for who was to win or lose that leg. The next chapter would be written with that result. I'm not sure if this kind of thing is new to anyone or not, but I definitely didn't come up with it myself. There was another NSider who wrote a similar thing with the same system (Fire Emblem Survivor, if you must know :P). He inspired me to create, and through his encouragement, continue until I had a good many chapters. At the end, I had like 30 votes a leg, but the stress and distractions got to me and I let it slide. I've always kind of regretted it. :smallfrown:

I'd like to continue it again, if it's well-received here. :smallsmile: I wanted to put it up right here on the forums, but I was afraid of a word limit; these are LONG chapters. If anyone can tell if there is indeed no word limit, I'll pop it up right here. However, DeviantART does a decent job of supporting stories (with editing, comment, and artists' comments sections). So, pretend it's on Giantitp! I've always loved the friendly community here, and I hope to make some of you laugh, even if it's a cheap snicker. :smallsmile:

What you see is not quite all of it; the forums went down, sucking away my first five chapters, (with 0a, 0b, and 0c being three chapters) so I had to rewrite them. The rest have survived to be on my computer, but I need to HTMLize them first. I'll be putting them up as I get 'em done. :smallbiggrin:

So, enjoy, and comments are very welcome! Both compliments and criticism, I welcome ye both. I have a banner which I've been working on (through my inadequate drawing skills, all I've managed to be able to draw is Kirby. Eh-heh.) So, that'll be in my sig soon, I think.

Gallery! (http://the-linker.deviantart.com/gallery/)

For a rules summary for Amazing Race, of a more detailed version of the NAR backstory, check my journal. I know! MORE detail!? I have a tendency to drone on a bit. :smalleek:

yoshi927
2008-01-19, 11:50 PM
Hey, I actually saw this back on NSider! I'm in here too, I guess. :smallsmile:

The Linker
2008-01-19, 11:57 PM
Holy cow, that's THREE people in the last week that I've met that were from NSider! :smallbiggrin: The forums going down was basically an explosion that sent everyone in different directions, I guess some others had to go to Giantitp :smallwink: