PDA

View Full Version : Attack of Oppourtunity and special maneuvers.

shaggz076
2008-01-20, 04:35 AM
So I was reading over the Attack of Oppourtunity and nowhere does it say that it has to be a simple attack. That being said would you be able to say Bull rush someone who provokes an attack of opourtunity since it is normally a single attack action? What would be the repercussions of this if, for example the attacker was charging someone behind you and happened to be moving through your threatened squares? Would it end their charge as they are no longer moving in a straight line? Would it end their turn as a charge uses your full attack action? Input please.

The_Snark
2008-01-20, 04:41 AM
If the special attack is useable as an attack action, yes. For example, you can initiate a grapple, trip, disarm, or sunder as an attack of opportunity.

A bull rush, however, is a standard action, not an attack action. You can't make a bull rush as an attack of opportunity.

shaggz076
2008-01-20, 04:44 AM
Ok, thanks for the answer to that question. Now for part two, I have created a character with Cometary Collision and part of the requirement is to ready a standard action for when an opponent charges. With that you require Bull Rush to get the feat. Since it is a readied action and you interupt their charge with your own and since bull rush can be used with a charge wuould you then be allowed to use bull rush?

adanedhel9
2008-01-20, 10:28 AM
That looks right to me.

Note that under normal circumstances, you can't ready an action to charge, since charging is a full-round action and you can only ready a standard action. However, since Cometary Collision explicitly states otherwise, you're good.

FlyMolo
2008-01-20, 04:58 PM
Ok, thanks for the answer to that question. Now for part two, I have created a character with Cometary Collision and part of the requirement is to ready a standard action for when an opponent charges. With that you require Bull Rush to get the feat. Since it is a readied action and you interupt their charge with your own and since bull rush can be used with a charge wuould you then be allowed to use bull rush?

So with this build, whenever someone charges you, you get to bullrush them back? so cool.

Quietus
2008-01-20, 05:12 PM
That looks right to me.

Note that under normal circumstances, you can't ready an action to charge, since charging is a full-round action and you can only ready a standard action. However, since Cometary Collision explicitly states otherwise, you're good.

YOu can ready a partial charge, I believe. Just not a full charge.

AslanCross
2008-01-20, 05:40 PM
What's a partial charge? I don't believe I've heard of that before.

Wordmiser
2008-01-20, 07:15 PM
What's a partial charge? I don't believe I've heard of that before.

If you are able to take only a standard action or a move action on your turn, you can still charge, but you are only allowed to move up to your speed (instead of up to double your speed). You can’t use this option unless you are restricted to taking only a standard action or move action on your turn.
I do not believe one can be readied, though.

shaggz076
2008-01-20, 07:45 PM
Wordmiser: Read Cometary Collision from the PHBII....