PDA

View Full Version : MMM, Magical Potion.. (Monster)

Lady Tialait
2008-01-20, 06:41 AM
Green Tiamite
Tiny Magical Beast (Shapshifter)
1D10 HD (8)
Speed 10 ft. (2 squares)
Init: +2
AC 15; touch 14; flat-footed 13
(10+1 natural Armor+2 Dex+ 2 size)
BAB +0; Grp -12
Attack Slam +0 (1D2, 20x2)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Aggro Potion Effect.
Special Qualities Potion Absorbtion, Continued Potion effects.
Saves Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +2
Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10
SkillsTumble +6, Jump -7
FeatsDodge
EnvironmentHALO base.
Organization Name (Number appearing)
Challenge Rating X
TreasureNone.
AlignmentUsally Chaotic.
Advancement by Hit Dice
Level Adjustment +0

Tiamites are tiny cute and lovable darlings, Green Tiamites love potions and will look as cute and a button for one. But be warned, potions are very effective for thease cute little buggers, feed with care. (and never after midnight...otherwise they will be awake all night.)

Aggro Potion Effect (SU):
A Green Tiamite can instead of their regular slam attack, use an effect of a potion, This may combine any number of potions, exilers or Oils that may have ever been fed to the Tiamite. Example: A tiamite is fed an exlier of love, and later that week it is fed a potion of fireball, it can now use a 'Flames of Love' Attack, throwing a 60ft burst of 5D6 (minimun caster level for that potion) fire damage, that addes a Will save not to fall in love with the next living being you see.
This same Tiamite drinks an Elixer of Heal, and it decideds to seperate the effects it would throws the Fireball, the Love potion, the Ball of love, or a Heal spell. or any combination of the four.
Saves on this ability are 15+ the Green Tiamites Cha Modifier.

Potion Absorbtion (SU):
A Green Tiamite loves potions, infact they love them so much that if they come in contact with one they absorb some of it's magic for a one time Spell-like ability this is free action but the tiamite must have phsical contact with that potion, the potion is at half potency after the Tiamite uses htis ability, Example: If a Green Tiamite hugged a Potion of Cure Light Wounds (usally healing 1D8+1) that tiamite would gain a 1 time use of a Spell like ability Cure light Wounds, but the Potion would be half as effective (healing 1D4+1 damage instead).

Continued Potion effects (SU):
Any potion a Tiamite drinks it can choose to add to it's Aggro Potion Effect storeage, or gain the effect of it itself as a Continued effect. Example: If a Tiamite drank a Potion of Cat's Grace it would either have an aggro effect of throwing +4 dex to anything, or it could gain a constant +4 Dex itself.
A Tiamite may not have more then 2xHD of effects effecting it for either Continued Potion effects, or Aggro potion. They may dismiss any potion effects at any given time.

Potion Growth:
A Tiamite can gain 1 HD by drinking Spells levels of Potions equal to 4x it's current HD. This is the only way a Tiamite can Grow, if a Tiamite grows to 6 HD or more it splits into two each with 1 HD.

Not sure on the CR, i was thinking 2 or 3, it's based on the HALO in the Structered Games part of the Fourm...I'll be working on hte other types later, See if i can't word this better, and see if anyone has any questions comments or otherwise.

SoD
2008-01-20, 10:51 AM
As a monster, it's great! Can you imagine an evil wizard with the brew potion feat, and an army of these little critters?!

Oh, and I liked the gremlins reference as well.

Yuki Akuma
2008-01-20, 11:06 AM
It keeps the effect of the potions it drinks forever? That seems to be a... bit much.

Perhaps making the effects last one day per caster level of the potion (or per HD of the Tiamite) would be better. And perhaps simply make the effects spell-like abilities, rather than having them constantly affecting the tiamite (after all, what happens when a Cure Light Wounds potion constantly effects you? Do you heal 1d8+1 hp per turn?)

Parvum
2008-01-20, 12:05 PM
Yeah, permanent is going a bit far. With preperation, one of these things could be effectively invincible.

The strength is 10... which is equivalent to a medium character having a strength of +6 (16) if I'm not mistaken. It's also as smart as a human. Is that intended?

Icewalker
2008-01-20, 02:08 PM
Yeah, make the potion keeping semi-long term, but not permanent.

Then make it gain HD when it drinks enough potions. :smallbiggrin:

Jack_Simth
2008-01-20, 03:13 PM
Initiative should be +2 (dex 14).

Level Adjustment should NOT be +0 - these things are too strong for a Wizard/Sorcerer/Cleric who wants to not get hit (+2 Dex, +1 Natural Armor, and Tiny to boot? Toss special abilities on top of that and, well.... it gets nasty, fast). I'd suggest level adjustment of "-" (not suitable for player use).

Aggro Potion Effect:
It's one thing if they can store a potion to use later as a standard action (e.g., drink a potion of Fireball to no effect, then throw out a single Fireball later) but giving the thing any third level spell as a Su ability useable at will, and letting it combine effects? Broken out the wazoo if anyone can manage to control one (which shouldn't be too hard - relatively low Will save). Give it a potion of Haste, then any positive spells you feel like - Cure Serious Wounds, perhaps. Now it can, at will, Haste everyone in the party while healing them.

Continued Potion Effects:
So, for the cost of six 2nd level potions (900 gp), I can give this thing a +4 Enhancement bonus to all stats? Then I can make it permanently Hasted, give it Fast Healing (Vigor), Energy Resistance 30 to any Energy Type available in potions of Energy Resistance, and any other useful effect I can find or make in potion form? No, just... no. Maybe double the duration of any potions it imbibes... but not permanency them.

Lady Tialait
2008-01-20, 03:26 PM
hmm, I like the permancy on the effects, but that is fine, and yes, I have Thought of keeping one as a pet (look at my avatar, that druid is holding one)

The Permancy on potions is not really that bad, they have pretty low stats, they 'need' the potions to be any threat, plus the a 5D6 fireball at will is not that bad, after all, I'm thinking now a CR 5 or 6 Monster, but I think that is a little bit much.

I have a new ability, for my poor little tiamites, a bit of nerfing...

first added to their abilitys :

" A green Tiamites may not have more then 2x HD in potion effects, either permenate or for their Aggro Potion,"

This limets their coolness, and, as suggested (I liked the Idea)
Potion Growth:
A Tiamite can gain 1 HD by drinking Spells levels of Potions equal to 4x it's current HD. This is the only way a Tiamite can Grow, if a Tiamite grows to 6 HD or more it splits into two each with 1 HD.

That sound better? What CR do you see thease guys as? I was thinking 2..but if it's 5 or something i wouldn't think that wrong.

Parvum
2008-01-20, 04:38 PM
The Permancy on potions is not really that bad, they have pretty low stats, they 'need' the potions to be any threat

Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10

Actually, every stat is average or better. These are mini-hercules for their strength as tiny. As animalistic beings they are unnaturally charming (which is understandable- and in fact their charisma would likely be a bit higher with Cha-based abilities) and geniuses to boot. The only stat low for their size and disposition is their Dex.

When they split, could they be one size category less? Then you could make swarms... (A bad idea... but very evil, and thus good!)

Lady Tialait
2008-01-20, 06:33 PM
hmmm....I'll see about lowering their Strangth, that is no problem, I just it so they can lift a potion, that is all.

How about they grow a Size catagory every 3 HD they gain, so At HD 1 they are tiny, and at HD 4 they are Small, hence when they split they go down a size catagory, makeing them Tiny again...but that is an idea.

You do realize for them to split they have to drink 6 levels of potion (that is 1500gp) at 6HD, so, yes, if you wanted to.

Their Strangth is going down to 4, so they will be better, and that will make their Slam even more useless...oh well, 1d2 is worthless anyway.

AS for the the LA thing, I'm thinking +1 (Cohort) so you can have them at Charitor creation as a little pet, (with story reasons, duh!)

And, I read over some suggestions, or comments, and I noticed something, and Yes, drinking a Cure potion that is continous, gives them fast healing 1D8+1 or whatever the power of the cure potion.

What CR do yo guys see thease things as?

Lady Tialait
2008-01-21, 10:44 PM
Black Tiamite
Tiny Magical Beast (Shapshifter)
2D10 HD (16)
Speed 10 ft. (2 squares)
Init: +2
AC 15; touch 14; flat-footed 13
(10+1 natural Armor+2 Dex+ 2 size)
BAB +0; Grp -12
Attack Slam +0 (1D2, 20x2)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

Special Attacks Spell-Like abilities, Sneak Attack 2D6
Special Qualities Potion Absorbtion, Continued Potion effects, Hide in Plain Sight
Saves Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +2
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10
SkillsTumble +6, Jump -8
FeatsQuicken Spell-Like (Scorching Ray)
EnvironmentHALO base.
Organization Name (Number appearing)
Challenge Rating X
TreasureNone.
AlignmentUsally Chaotic Evil.
Advancement by Hit Dice
Level Adjustment +0

Spell-Like Abilities: At will, Scorching Ray (Quickened, Cold Damage.), True Strike, and Invisablitiy. Black tiamites also have the following spell-like abilities once per HD they possess. Envertion, Chill Touch, or Polar Ray.
All spell like abilities have a Caster Level of HD +2

Hadoken (sp):
This ability of a black tiamite is their most dangerous. It deals 3D6 per HD of pure distructive damage. (untyped damage) They may only use this ability if they have not used any of their other spell likes other then at will abilitys. And they take 6 points of Hit point drain (they can only gain those hit points back as if they were Ability damage) This abilty disabiles all their other spell like abilties.

Potion Absorbtion (SU):
A Black Tiamite loves potions, infact they love them so much that if they come in contact with one they absorb some of it's magic for a one time Spell-like ability this is free action but the tiamite must have phsical contact with that potion, the potion is at half potency after the Tiamite uses htis ability, Example: If a Green Tiamite hugged a Potion of Cure Light Wounds (usally healing 1D8+1) that tiamite would gain a 1 time use of a Spell like ability Cure light Wounds, but the Potion would be half as effective (healing 1D4+1 damage instead).

Continued Potion effects (SU):
Any potion a Tiamite drinks it can choose to add to it's Aggro Potion Effect storeage, or gain the effect of it itself as a Continued effect. Example: If a Tiamite drank a Potion of Cat's Grace it would either have an aggro effect of throwing +4 dex to anything, or it could gain a constant +4 Dex itself.
A Tiamite may not have more then 2xHD of effects effecting it for either Continued Potion effects, or Aggro potion. They may dismiss any potion effects at any given time.

Potion Growth:
A Tiamite can gain 1 HD by drinking Spells levels of Potions equal to 4x it's current HD. This is the only way a Tiamite can Grow, if a Tiamite grows to 6 HD or more it splits into two Green Tiamites each with 1 HD.

Parvum
2008-01-22, 12:36 AM
I assume that when the black one uses Hadoken (BWAHAHAHAHAHA!) the spell-like abilities are gone for the entire day? (Speaking of which, I like the idea of your several-hundred spell-like abilities going poof for a big bang of doom. Yay!) The level adjustment also deserves more. With the sneak attack of a level 4 rogue combined with constant invisibility, it can even kill you with it's slam.

Do the black buggers come from the green ones? If so, how so?

Lady Tialait
2008-01-22, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking of Cohort LA. I'm thinking for Green a LA +1...so if you wanted to make a charitor that had a Green Tiamite as a freind you could do so. at the cost of LA 1. it would be considered part of you and blah blah blah

same with the Black..but i'm thinking something like 4...

I still need help with the CR of thease buggers....any suggestions?