PDA

View Full Version : A Time For Villains - OOTS style webcomic by Maddie M M

V Junior
2008-01-20, 02:37 PM
A TIME FOR VILLAINS Last Updated 20-1-08

Hi and welcome to A Time For Villains, a new webcomic by me, V Junior. It's basically about a very evil schoolgirl, Lesta Mulfgraice, who likes to cause havoc, but comes up with an evil plot. There are no school rules. There are no teachers to tell her what to do. She's Lesta Mulfgraice - a kid on a mission!

Prologue
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/lati_cool_yeah/A%20Time%20For%20Villains/Prologue.jpg

Comics
Comic One - Lesta Mulfgraicehttp://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/lati_cool_yeah/A%20Time%20For%20Villains/001.jpg

Szilard
2008-01-20, 02:44 PM
Reminds me of Artemis fowl.

V Junior
2008-01-20, 02:47 PM
Well lol, yeah, a bit. COMIC ONE - LESTA MULFGRAICE is on the way. In 1, she finds out that she's got some weird abilities.

Nameless
2008-01-20, 02:48 PM
So the wizard did it... I seeeee...

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-20, 02:50 PM
You're doing a comic in Paint? :confused:

V Junior
2008-01-20, 02:54 PM
I only have Paint. ArtRage isn't good for comics, and my parents won't let any other program onto the computers.

Nameless
2008-01-20, 03:00 PM
you could use the devils tool... Inkscape... *shudders* It's free.

@Lying: loads of people use paint, I used paint before I got fireworks.

EDIT: I warn you though, although Inkscape requires no money, it is still a vectore based program and only used buy dark artists, I davild with it once and neely lost my sanity... they were daaarrkk times... :smalleek:

Sneak
2008-01-20, 03:21 PM
you could use the devils tool... Inkscape... *shudders* It's free.

@Lying: loads of people use paint, I used paint before I got fireworks.

That doesn't mean it's a good thing. Lots of people think that CAD is a good comic, but that definitely doesn't mean that they're right.

That doesn't mean that you can't use paint effectively, but it does require some extra tools, namely Irfanview. There's a paint tutorial somewhere by TLB somewhere on the boards, don't have a link off the top of my head.

EDIT: I warn you though, although Inkscape requires no money, it is still a vectore based program and only used buy dark artists, I davild with it once and neely lost my sanity... they were daaarrkk times... :smalleek:

You nearly lost your sanity after only daviling with it? Gee, imagine what would happen if you dabbled... :P

Anyway, I'll reserve comment on the actual comic itself as there isn't any of it to be seen, but I will comment on the little art that has been shown so far:

-try to keep line stroke consistent (unless it's for details)
-contrary to popular belief, human skin is not actually bright pink :P
-is her hair white, or is it just not colored? If you're going to color one part of a picture, you should just go ahead and color all of it.

That's all.

Anyway, I would recommend that you try to convince your parents to let you download Inkscape or Sodipodi. You can make good art in paint, but that doesn't mean that paint's necessarily the way to go.

V Junior
2008-01-20, 03:25 PM
-is her hair white, or is it just not colored? If you're going to color one part of a picture, you should just go ahead and color all of it.

Her hair's white. White hair = evil when it comes to me. Unless the person is white hair is elderly.

Sneak
2008-01-20, 03:35 PM
That's fine, then. I just couldn't really tell, cuz, well, the background's also white.

V Junior
2008-01-20, 03:39 PM
Comic One - Lesta Mulfgraice is up

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/lati_cool_yeah/A%20Time%20For%20Villains/001.jpg

Bayar
2008-01-20, 03:57 PM
It actually looks good...for your first try...I mean, you actually used color for skin (my first attempt still haunts my dreams :smalleek: ).

And white hair could come to spellcasters that try to over-cast...(you dont find it in the D&D rulebooks, but it is true...it is temporary though). And white hair is still considered blonde for people not elderly...

Nameless
2008-01-20, 04:02 PM
Unless she's a Drow/Moon Elf in disguise... :smalleek:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-20, 04:12 PM
I don't get it. What just happened?

Nameless
2008-01-20, 04:14 PM
I don't get it. What just happened?

She froze her.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-20, 04:14 PM
Presumably she just manifested a Sorcerous death effect, not unlike Xykon's early revelation of his own Sorcerer talent with Barky.

V Junior
2008-01-21, 03:29 PM
Yeah... basically, Lesta just froze a bully. Comic Two - Revelations is coming soon. Lesta makes a clean job of it.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-22, 02:35 PM
I also use paint and I have advice for you.

Don't use the pencil tool. Never.

Use (bent) line tools etc. but NOT pencil tool, with (bent) line tools you can use thicker line widths.
Smaller character, just use smaller lines.

It would improve the comic quality greatly.
Sample of : A time for Villains - Some fanart I did, using my methods.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Atimeforvillains2.jpg
Ehm, sorry she seems a bit on the short side:smallfrown:

Nameless
2008-01-22, 02:46 PM
I also use paint and I have advice for you.

Don't use the pencil tool. Never.

Use (bent) line tools etc. but NOT pencil tool.

It would improve the comic quality greatly.

Agreed, if you really have to, use the paint brush tool.

also, make the lines thicker.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-22, 03:11 PM
And some fanart:smalltongue:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/Atimeforvillains3.jpg

Ps, I added the picture to my previous post.

stabbybelkar
2008-01-25, 09:23 PM
That doesn't mean it's a good thing. Lots of people think that CAD is a good comic, but that definitely doesn't mean that they're right.

Hey I like ctrl+alt+del!!

Nameless
2008-01-26, 04:37 AM
Hey I like ctrl+alt+del!!

CAD is awesome!