PDA

View Full Version : Giants - Citizen Kabuto

Sneak
2008-01-20, 03:32 PM
I recently started playing this game again, and I have to say, it is ridiculously fun. The Mecc levels are almost addictive. And hilarious. It's kinda buggy, but it's such a quirky and cool game that I can forgive it.

Anyway, has anyone else played it? I don't think anyone I know IRL has played it. This makes my sad.

If you haven't played it, just google search for 'giants citizen kabuto demo' or something like that and play it. You won't be disappointed.

Oh, and...

TIMMY!!!!!!

Icewalker
2008-01-21, 03:11 AM
Oooooh good times.

My friend had this, because he was pretty much the only person we knew who really used macs. It is probably one of the...3(?) games for macs that aren't made by Blizzard? [/hatemacs]

Giant Citizen Kabuto...such a hilarious game. I like how he stabs the bird with the flag near the beginning.

Also:
TIMMY!!!!

hehe...what is it, like 5 times?

Amotis
2008-01-21, 03:26 AM
Yeah fun game and I loved the multiplayer, just great fun. A bit of bugs and problems but still a gem. I don't think I actually own it anymore but if I can find my copy we should make a group and play.

Tengu
2008-01-21, 03:28 AM
Ah, so many memories! When I first played this game it was on a very crappy computer, I had to play it on lowest details and it still run pretty slow most of the time... but it felt sooo good! The ability to fly that was so new at that times, the feeling of freedom, the lush and beautiful, exotic world (for the game's time), and the humor! It was one of the best action games when it came out, and even now it's still worth checking. I also played Sacrifice, the earlier game by the same people - a very innovative RTS game with similar humor and even weirder world. They also released Armed and Dangerous, and though I've only seen the demo, it seemed to be a worthy sequel to Giants - I must have my hands on the full version one day!

Charity
2008-01-21, 04:47 AM
Yeah fun game and I loved the multiplayer, just great fun. A bit of bugs and problems but still a gem. I don't think I actually own it anymore but if I can find my copy we should make a group and play.

I bought this just the other day... oddly enough.

Is the multi player only verses? I can't see any co-op choices.

Sneak
2008-01-21, 10:20 AM
Yeah, as far as I know there's no co-op, which is sad. The only part of it that I think would really work with Co-op would be the Mecc part of the game (after Baz rescues Tel, that is). The rest of it...I mean, two Kabutos? :smalleek:

I really like the Mecc levels especially. The lack of a save makes some of the levels challenging, but that just makes it more fun. It's also fun to eat people when you're Kabuto (especially when he does the toss into the air animation :P). I'm not a huge fan of the Delphi gameplay, but hacking enemies to bits with a sword is somewhat satisfying.

Also, I'm kind of sad now. My game kept quitting during the Mecc level The Battle whenever I brought a smartie onto the drop off point. I tried to patch it, but I think I may have patched it with the wrong version, and then I was unable to play it. Then I tried to delete it and uninstall it, but it still refuses to play. Aww, man. I'm guessing it's because I upgraded my lappy to Leopard, though, so I can still try it on my old iMac. And if I really have to, I guess I could always see if I can find a PS2 copy.

Yeah, I'm a Mac person. *stares down Icewalker*

And I've heard that Sacrifice is good, and I've heard of Armed and Dangerous, but I've never actually played either. Maybe I'll have to look for a demo.

Icewalker
2008-01-21, 02:50 PM
Wait, there's a PS2 copy of GCK?

...I've gotta find that.

Edit: (go google) hah, AWESOME. Definitely going to get that.

Amotis
2008-01-21, 03:22 PM
Multiplayer can be co-op. 5 Mecc vs 3 Sea Reapers vs 1 Kabuto.

Charity
2008-01-22, 03:47 AM
Can you have two of you verses a computer opponant Atmotis?