PDA

View Full Version : Why you should never let the wizard drink....

Purple Cloak
2008-01-20, 05:59 PM
well basicly this is about todays events with roleplaying, i thought people might get a kick out of it :smallbiggrin:

firstly the wizard (who is half elf half feind, and prone to violence already) and the monk go into the tavern and the wizard demands a pint of the bars stongist ale (which was insedently 12x) and the monk partakes too.

after a few drinks, and at the patrons horror that they are still standing the monk and the wizard start dancing on the bar,

so the DM point out they knocked the keg off the bar and rolls to see if it explodes (it didn't) the wizards reply was:

'y'know the dance i'm doing?'
'oh?'
'dance of ruin'
'..... your kidding?'
'nope'

incedently the tavern was leveled and the monk made his reflex save, so after emerging from the ruin they went to the magic shop, and the barkeep was gibbering from a stunt the wizard pulled earlyer, so the wizard cut his heart out and used preserve organ to keep it beating, and then hew and the monk looted a 'lot' of valuble gear.

after finishing that stunt the wizard fireballed some houses he didnt like the look of, and charmed the blacksmith into giving him his third daughter's hand in marrage.

the game was left after they sobered up, the monk rembers what happened but the wizard didn't, and not only woke up next to a strange woman but covered in assorted magical gubbins he dosnt know the origin of :smallbiggrin:

xmolder
2008-01-20, 06:07 PM
Um.

I really am sorry, but why is this entertaining? I've never seen the appeal of random destruction/killing, as both a player, a DM, and an unpublished author.

Out of curiosity, are you in a (comparatively) good or evil campaign?

Purple Cloak
2008-01-20, 06:13 PM
well i dont think we are either, but i though a few people might be amused bt the idea of the drunken wizard, but i agree, ususaly midless violence i find trivial and boring, but it may have been one of those 'funnyer if you were there' situations with the way it happened

Edit: but their is also the point that the wizard is usualy conservative with spells and don't like getting his hands dirty, bloody elves :smallbiggrin:

TheLogman
2008-01-20, 06:14 PM
From the looks of it, Chaotic Stupid. The Alignment of the campaign or at least Session that is.

Citizen Jenkins
2008-01-20, 06:15 PM
I could see where your group would find this amusing (although it just kind of sounds like random evil to me). And it could be good if your wizard is just blowing off some steam/having a laugh but I'm willing to bet your violence-prone half-fiend wizard has done this before. I'd warn you to watch out for that except you seem to be getting a kick out of it, so as long as your group is fine with it, rock on.

Although I will say I've never been drunk enough to commit arson, butcher passer-bys, and magically coerce women into marrying me. Usually it involves more bad dancing and vomiting.

xmolder
2008-01-20, 06:17 PM
I could see where your group would find this amusing (although it just kind of sounds like random evil to me). And it could be good if your wizard is just blowing off some steam/having a laugh but I'm willing to bet your violence-prone half-fiend wizard has done this before. I'd warn you to watch out for that except you seem to be getting a kick out of it, so as long as your group is fine with it, rock on.

Although I will say I've never been drunk enough to commit arson, butcher passer-bys, and magically coerce women into marrying me. Usually it involves more bad dancing and vomiting.

I'd say "obviously you haven't been drinking the right stuff," but I fear it would A, conflict with my earlier statement in a way that would make people miss the humor, and 2, conflict with my straight edge lifestyle.

Oh snap, I already said it!

Purple Cloak
2008-01-20, 06:19 PM
the session definatly, but im definatly gonna keep that wizard away from the booze from now on :smallbiggrin:

well the rest of the party disided that they were pretending they didnt know them and left town for a while untill they soberd up.... big mistake :smallconfused:

Corinthus
2008-01-20, 06:48 PM
and remember, Friends don't let Friends teleport drunk.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-01-20, 07:19 PM
I'd love to see this in the kind, good, wizard, who just can't hold his drink.

'Urgh, splitting headache. What did I do last night? Please don't tell me I got into bed with that Annis Hag!

*looks round*

*sees post-nuclear remains of small town*

Oh ...'

wadledo
2008-01-20, 07:54 PM
Teeheheheheeheheheheheheehehehehehehe
:smallbiggrin:
Ah, random destruction is always fun in my books.

Purple Cloak
2008-01-20, 08:30 PM

'Urgh, splitting headache. What did I do last night? Please don't tell me I got into bed with that Annis Hag!

*looks round*

Oh ...'

heh i think this is the image that cause me so much amusement during the game :smallbiggrin:

F.L.
2008-01-20, 08:41 PM
You don't let the wizard drink for 1 simple reason.

They're called abberations.

(also works with oozes and magical beasts)

Seffbasilisk
2008-01-20, 08:47 PM
Bag of tricks.
Owlbears.
Etc.

Normally, I'm against Chaotic-Stupid, but if it's a one-time thing, or a good wizard who's only like that when drunk and has no memory of it...could be good roleplaying.

As for looting a 'Magic Shop'...wouldn't the 'Magic Shop' be warded and whatnot? Hell, if I were opening a Magic Shop, I'd ward it and have a damn powerful wizard on retainer to protect it from thieves and whatnot.

Purple Cloak
2008-01-20, 08:51 PM
Bag of tricks.
Owlbears.
Etc.

Normally, I'm against Chaotic-Stupid, but if it's a one-time thing, or a good wizard who's only like that when drunk and has no memory of it...could be good roleplaying.

As for looting a 'Magic Shop'...wouldn't the 'Magic Shop' be warded and whatnot? Hell, if I were opening a Magic Shop, I'd ward it and have a damn powerful wizard on retainer to protect it from thieves and whatnot.

heh it was a one off thing as far as im aware, but the magic shop thing is a good point, heh this is where there was a magic scrying thing on record or somthing and he gets busted or somthing :smalltongue:

SoD
2008-01-21, 11:27 AM

*looks round*

Oh ...'

A good wizard who, when drunk, goes on an occasional rampage...would that make alignment isues?

AKA_Bait
2008-01-21, 01:55 PM
A good wizard who, when drunk, goes on an occasional rampage...would that make alignment isues?

Depends upon the severity of the rampage I think and the remorse afterwards. If he gets drunk and goes on a rampage that say, turns the barkeep's hair blue, disentigrates the tavern wench's dress, or things on that level I'd say probably not. If he wakes up in the morning to the smell of smoldering corpses of his own creation, yeah.

But then, I have a diffrent theory on drinking than most. I think no one does anything when drunk that some part of them didn't want to do when sober (except passing out and vomiting).