PDA

View Full Version : Meeting in a Jar

Purple Cloak
2008-01-20, 06:17 PM
no its not a typo, im actualy considering a light hearted campaign where the party actualy meets in a jar, due to somone misspeaking :smalltongue:

basicaly im thinknig a campaign that takes the micky out of all generic fairy tale things, like 100ft giants, and talking wolves and the like

inedently its a jar in the giants panty

however can anyone give me any sugestions please?

xmolder
2008-01-20, 06:23 PM
I'm gonna' call you butter, because you're on a roll.

This reminds me of a few scenes from movies and games, but most vividly, a scene in Knights of the Old Republic.

You land on a planet (I don't remember which, Dantooine?) and you pick up a "package." Upon inspection of said package, you are pulled into what strikes me as a mechanical Bag of Holding. After a series of riddles with the prisoner that was trapped in there, you're released.

It seems that for this to happen easily, there would need to be a Contingent spell set up, of sorts, with three spells. First, Mass Shrink Person or similar, Permanency, and some way to teleport the PCs from Point A to Point B, being the bottle. Triggered, possibly, by a poorly chosen command word? Inept wizards and whatnot.

Hope it goes well, you seem to like humor.

Purple Cloak
2008-01-20, 06:36 PM
hmm, those ideas would work depending of curcumstances i thank you

although i am having the ideas of the whole talknig wolves, golden egg laying chickens and the like :smallbiggrin:

lets hope i can keep the overly violent and socieopathic players in check for this somwhat 'fluffyer' campaign :smallconfused:

why am i now thinking instead of defeating the evil giants and/or dragons they are mearly going to overthrow them and replace them :smallannoyed:

peh, thats what pixies are for *plots*

RandomNPC
2008-01-20, 08:01 PM
as for the goose tat laid the golden egg, if they cut it open don't forget the internal organs. sometimes the ograns get out of key. ha ha.

anywho, seems like a game filled with puns. i like the concept.

if they end up on some steep ledge on the side of a mountain it is almost mandatory that a Roc attacks. they could be said to be stuck between a Roc and a hard place.

how about a maze made from walls of force, you can see the treasure at the middle (possible illusion?) but you just can't seem to get to it.

entire dungeons run by illusionists is a good way to go.

Mewtarthio
2008-01-20, 10:38 PM
inedently its a jar in the giants panty

:smallredface: You mean pantry... right?

Ganurath
2008-01-20, 11:37 PM
:smallredface: You mean pantry... right?It started with someone mispeaking, I say roll with it. Also: Worgs are talking wolves.

Icewalker
2008-01-21, 12:30 AM
if they end up on some steep ledge on the side of a mountain it is almost mandatory that a Roc attacks. they could be said to be stuck between a Roc and a hard place.

...This made me die a little inside.

In a good way.

Sounds like a fun idea. It might be a challenge, but you could run each individual players personal set-up which leads them to being caught by this giant as food, and they meet each other in the jar.