PDA

View Full Version : Help with a druid build...

Gardakan
2008-01-20, 07:36 PM
So i am in a new campaign. I have to do a druid level 5 to join a group of 6 members. A halfling bard, a halfling protector of the bard, a dwarf warrior, a human ranger, a psionic blade elven and a human rogue(assassin...). We play in the Lord of the rings world... we are rangers that defend Shire of the invasion of Goblins... it's the starting of th eadventure...

SO my stats are 18,17,14,13,13,12...

Wisdom have 18 but what shoul i take for others stats, feats, animal, and equiment...

i have 5000 gp for equip me...

Wordmiser
2008-01-20, 07:54 PM
I would put the 17 in Constitution, the 14 in Intelligence and the 12 in Charisma.

For Feats:

Combat Expertise and Improved Trip are good options for any melee character who can afford them.
Power Attack is where melee damage comes from.
Combat Expertise is great for any "tank" character.
Spell Focus (Conjuration) and Augment Summoning are necessary if you're into the whole "Summoning" thing.
Natural Bond [Complete Adventurer] may or may not help Druids who choose animal companions from the later-level lists. Ask your DM.
The Combat Focus chain [Player's Handbook 2] is okay.
Improved Initiative and Improved Toughness [Complete Warrior] are helpful for any character.

For Gear:

Everyone loves Handy Haversacks.
Wands of Cure Light Wounds are where healing comes from.

...And I'm out of time.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-01-20, 09:20 PM
In one level, natural spell. Fleshraker companion, spell focus (conjuration) and Augment Summoning fill out your feats, though humans will also want improved init. and for gear, anything that will stick with you when you wildshape is good enough, other stuff can be ignored.

Leon
2008-01-20, 09:54 PM
In one level, natural spell. Fleshraker companion, spell focus (conjuration) and Augment Summoning fill out your feats, though humans will also want improved init. and for gear, anything that will stick with you when you wildshape is good enough, other stuff can be ignored.

Sigh, as much as i hate the feat.
Natural Spell can only be taken at lvl 6

Your typical Boring Druid will take SF[Conjuration] and Augment as the 1st 2 feats (Typically being a human to do so or employing Flaws if possible).

Natural Bond is a nice feat to take at 3 if you want a Companion of the -3 group or higher.

Fleshrakers may or may not fit with your quasi LotR - ask your DM but do the world a favour and choose a more thematic companion to suit your tastes

Dont discount a set of good gear for normal life since not everything can be achived from the form of a animal, a decent set of armour and a selection of weapons (melee & ranged), scrolls, Potions etc