PDA

View Full Version : Character for a new campaign...

Mattarias, King.
2008-01-21, 02:35 AM
:smallsigh: Not one I really wanna play in or am enthused about, But I guess I need something to play, so the group sticks together. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be verily appreciated.

Races allowed are all core ones, except for any elf variant besides drow. Though others might be approved. Setting is generic D&D. Campaign starts at level one, and one can't start off as a non-core class, but can multiclass into one.

Help, please? I just want an interesting character.

If it helps, roles already taken are:
Bard, fighter, and blasty/healy cleric.

And please, no short races. :smallsigh:

Sorry, this is just my last hope for doing anything productive. I need help.

Icewalker
2008-01-21, 02:48 AM
Umm...human sorcerer? Perhaps a halfling rogue as skillmonkey?

Assuming no alignment restrictions: say a CN Human Sorcerer who is out to increase his own power.

Or, CG halfling rogue, a very cheery prankster with good intentions.

Mattarias, King.
2008-01-21, 02:51 AM
The cleric and bard have the jobs of skillmonkey and blaster, respectively. Though I do like explosions.. I was thinking possibly elf paladin of freedom, though.

shaggz076
2008-01-21, 03:02 AM
Well if your not advers to a little cross classing, start off as a monk (for the save bonus) and the cross over to Wizard at third level. Once you meet the requirements choose the PrC Arachnomancer from the Forgotten realms:Underdark book. As you go up in level you gain the use of a touch poison (combined with your unarmed attack = good), You can not only command spiders like a cleric does undead but you can also turn into one. It ends up being a pretty good combination if you can live with the giant spider scar across your face. Lots of gooey power...

Wordmiser
2008-01-21, 03:18 AM
The cleric and bard have the jobs of skillmonkey and blaster, respectively. If this is how the party works, maybe play a Frenzied Berserker as a Healer.

Maybe go Barbarian 1/Paladin of Freedom 5/FB X (or did FB require BAB +8?) and load up on wands of Pally cure spells.

mabriss lethe
2008-01-21, 04:34 AM
so, skirmisher arcane caster or paladin.

Want to be evil?, make a TWF half-orc ranger with access to the Death Devotion feat (complete champion)

kamikasei
2008-01-21, 06:53 AM
If this is how the party works, maybe play a Frenzied Berserker as a Healer.

I think he might have meant that the bard and cleric have the roles of skillmonkey and blaster, respectively. He did describe the cleric as "blasty/healy".

You need an arcanist. A Wizard would be good. A Beguiler might also work well, but really you need to be able to get all the spells that the Cleric can't, so Wizard is probably best.

Mattarias, King.
2008-01-21, 10:37 AM
:smallbiggrin: I like the idea of a frenzied healer, but yeah, arcanist is probably a good idea. I don't think I can get beguiler, but I'll check.

And no evil. I do believe it's a traditional good-to neutral spectrum campaign. :smallsigh: Seriously, not much too fancy about this campaign, unfortunately.