PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some ideas for a new mini campaign

Kimi11
2008-01-21, 11:37 AM
I've been voted to GM a mini campaign for a few members of my group, and I'm looking to use a pre-made one because of laziness on my part (and studying). As I don't have a local gaming store, or anywhere I can go look though random books, I'm asking you guys if you've got and adventures that you've played or ran that were good.

I'm open to any system, but I can't go dropping a load of cash on source books. Ideally I'd just like to pick up the module and core book, maybe a source book if it's not too expensive.

As for the genre, anything goes really. I've been given free reign in picking the game. The club's recently picked up Spirit of the Century and I was thinking of picking that to run, but someone else has dibs on first game with it.

Any ideas would be great :)

Altair_the_Vexed
2008-01-21, 04:28 PM
That's really open-ended! 1st timer, "mini-campaign", any setting, any game? Hmmm.... *thinks*

D&D - The Freeport Trilogy. It's a series of three (duh) adventures set in the swashbuckling pirate-riddled city of Freeport. Available to download from plenty of online shops as pdf files ("Death in Freeport", "Terror in Freeport" and "Madness in Freeport") - also published as one paperback book if you can get fast shipping. It's not your standard D&D "cottages, castles and caverns" setting. There are other Freeport games, too.
d20 Modern - the Heartless campaign (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20modern/oa/20030911a) is series of several medium level d20 modern adventures. Not tried them, but they read well.