PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Strange Vs. Scarlet Witch: Your Opinion

Ethrael
2008-01-21, 12:56 PM
Now I found this on the Marvel forums, the person who posted it strongly believed it would be Wanda even though he said she only had her mutant powers, but here it is anyway.

Dr. Strange, just his powers, no Gems of any sort.
Wanda Maximoff, M-day strength powers, can be crazy too if you want.

Please give your opinions.:smallbiggrin:

Emperor Demonking
2008-01-21, 12:58 PM
Wanda, no more magic, no more Dr.Stange, everyone wants to kill dr.strange. The possibilities are endless.

Kaelaroth
2008-01-21, 01:00 PM
To me, it all depends on who wins initiative. Assuming Wanda wins, she could potentially erase Stephen from reality, creating an identical world where he isn't there. Or she could make him forget he wants to fight her.

But if Strange rolls his critical, he could probably destroy her instantly. By invoking one of his smarter (NOT ZOM!) overlords, he could incinerate her instantly. And, unlike the wondrous Mad Jim Jaspers - she cannot bring herself back to life.

Gundato
2008-01-21, 01:19 PM
In terms of reality warping and uber-power, Wanda is a Sorceror, Strange is a Wizard. If Strange gets the first shot (and is prepared), he wins. Otherwise, Wanda wins.

Ethrael
2008-01-21, 01:27 PM
I wasn't really thinking of it in DnD terms, but I'd have to say Strange. The one time Wand beat him (M-day) the only reason he didn't stop it was because emma frost told them to do nothing because her mind is in a complete mess and she could have erased them from existence by accident.

Plus strange has Eternity's protection.

O and there's this cool photo:
http://http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledscanned283hs.jpg

Gundato
2008-01-21, 03:53 PM
I didn't mean to get into the DnD mechanics, I just was likening it to an age-old debate. Wanda's M-Day state had insane amounts of raw power, Strange (from what I have read) is pretty much Batman with magic (has a trump card for every situation).

Closet_Skeleton
2008-01-21, 04:13 PM
Dr Strange once wiped out all of Earth's vampires. Wanda couldn't wipe out all of Earth's mutants.

Dr Strange has almost always been that powerful, Wanda just got a massive power boost recently. So a mean version of Dr Strange vs a mean version of Wanda would come up with Dr Strange winning. Dr Strange tends to take on more powerful enemies than the Avengers do. Dr Strange has a lot of experiance fighting godlike entities so even if Dr Strange and Wanda had equal magical power (Wanda's power source has suffered too many retcons to discern what it is), Strange would win.