View Full Version : Does anyone else have this problem?

BURNhollywoodBURN
2008-01-21, 04:17 PM
So, as everyone knows, the site's been having some problems lately, and I want to see if everyone else has had the same ones I had.
So, at first, the site just wouldn't load. At all. Even when my internet was working, something that was very rare this weekend. Anyway, I was relieved to find that it finally worked yesterday. But the forums still have a problem. This problem is images. Not images that people post, message board images. Here are the examples I have.

The "go to post" button. You know, the one with the white arrow on the green background? Instead, there are links that say "view post" and so on.

The "report this post" button. Instead, yet again, it's a link that says "report this post".

The quote button, being replaced with a link that says "reply with quote".
This also applies to the edit button, replaced with "edit/delete this message".

The strikethrough button, being replaced with "wrap [S] tags around selected text".

The new thread button, replaced with take a guess.
Is this the case for anyone else, too? Please respond.

Bryn
2008-01-21, 04:27 PM
It's probably due to the server slowdown issues we've been having, causing the image file to be unavailable and thus replacing the image with it's alt-text. I've seen some of this before, mainly when the server was very busy, and usually waiting a while and coming back later when there was less traffic seemed to do the trick. Also try refreshing the page, which should reload the image files. :smallsmile:

Rawhide
2008-01-21, 04:38 PM
Steps to take, stop when the pages work correctly (shortcuts listed for Windows):
1. Refresh (F5)
2. Force-Refresh (Ctrl-F5)
3. Flush your cache

Please wait a while before taking these steps and don't perform them while the server is under load.

Skippy
2008-01-21, 05:20 PM
Ah, yes. Once again the universal answer for almost everything. Clean your cache! It works!!

Nibleswick
2008-01-22, 05:08 PM
Or it could be that someone turned off the "load images automatically" option on your browser.

BURNhollywoodBURN
2008-01-22, 07:19 PM
Or it could be that someone turned off the "load images automatically" option on your browser.
Actually, considering some things that recently happened that I will never tell you, that's actually possible. How do you fix it? My, um, whatever it is (I really need to know more about computers) is Verizon, do you think I need to log on or something and change it?

Nibleswick
2008-01-23, 03:06 AM
Well, go to the "tools" menu (or whatever the equivalent is), then options, then a thing that says content and check the box labeled "Load images automatically", at least thats what you do for Firefox I don't know for anyting else (but it should be similar).

BURNhollywoodBURN
2008-01-23, 04:56 PM
Damnit! Didn't work. So, um, how do you "clear your cache"?

evnafets
2008-01-23, 05:18 PM
Damnit! Didn't work. So, um, how do you "clear your cache"?

Internet Explorer:
Open the menu Tools:Internet Options
On the General Tab (the first one)
Second Panel: Temporary Internet files.
Press "Delete Files..."

Mozilla Firefox:
Open the menu Tools:Options
Select the Advanced options (far right icon)
Select the Network tab
Under the section "Cache" press the button "clear now"

Voila! Your cache is cleared. Or at least it thinks it is.

BURNhollywoodBURN
2008-01-27, 08:52 AM
Callooh! Callay! O frabjous day! The images work! I don't know how, though. It just happened. Anyway, thanks for all of your support. I don't know where I'd be without you guys. *sniff*
:smile: