PDA

View Full Version : Greater Barghest [Monster PrC]

NEO|Phyte
2008-01-21, 11:58 PM
I'm in a really fun PbP playing a barghest using the Savage Species monster class, and assuming I can survive long enough for it to come up, I'd really like to become a greater barghest. To that end, because I was bored and couldn't think of anything else to do with my time, I created a monster class for the greater barghest. This isn't the first time I've made a monster class, but it is the first time I've had to play the LA guessing game. Class skills are the same as the barghest monster class for simplicity. There should probably be some other requirement besides the race and the feeding, but I can't decide on what.

Greater barghest

Requirements
To qualify to become a greater barghest, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Race: Barghest
Special: Must have used the Feed ability on three creatures of CR 6 or greater.

Class Skills
The greater barghest's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Craft (int), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), and Spot (Wis).

{table=head] Level | Hit Dice | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Skill Points | Special

1st |
1d8 |
+1 |
+2 |
+2 |
+2 |
8 + Int Mod | +2 Con, +2 Cha, +7 natural armor, change shape (medium goblin)

2nd |
1d8 |
+1 |
+2 |
+2 |
+2 |
-| +2 Wis, lesser power 1/day

3rd |
2d8 |
+2 |
+3 |
+3 |
+3 |
8 + Int Mod | +2 Str, +2 Int, +8 natural Armor, speed 40 ft.

4th |
2d8 |
+2 |
+3 |
+3 |
+3 |
-| +2 Wis, lesser power 3/day

5th |
3d8 |
+3 |
+3 |
+3 |
+3 |
8 + Int Mod | Large size, +9 natural armor, greater powers 1/day, +2 Con, +2 Int

6th |
3d8 |
+3 |
+3 |
+3 |
+3 |
-| DR 10/magic, lesser power at will, change shape (large goblin, dire wolf), +2 Str, +2 Cha [/table]

Barghest Powers (Sp): The caster level for a greater barghest's spell-like abilities from the barghest class is increased by its Hit Dice from the greater barghest class.

Change Shape (Su): As a greater barghest grows, his alternate forms grow as well. At 1st level, his goblin form increases to Medium size. At 6th level, it increases again to Large size, and his wolf form is now a Dire Wolf.

Lesser Power (Sp): Beginning at 2nd level, a greater barghest can use invisibility sphere as a spell-like ability once per day. At 4th level it can use this ability three times per day, and at 6th level it can use it at will. The greater barghest's caster level is equal to its Hit Dice from the barghest class and the greater barghest class.

Greater Powers (Sp): Starting at 5th level, a greater barghest can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: mass bull's strength, mass enlarge person. The greater barghest's caster level is equal to its Hit Dice from the barghest class and the greater barghest class.

Stycotl
2008-01-22, 01:17 AM
i hate seeing someone go unnoticed...

don't really know much about monster classes, and what i do know bothers me. i think they set them up wrong. poorly designed. i don't think it was negligent, just that they were working with an already flawed system.

anyway, looks good to me. it is intriguing to see it as a prc. good idea.