PDA

View Full Version : The MitD's True Identity

WNxHasoroth
2008-01-22, 07:49 AM
While hyped up on a combination of coke, alcohol and re-runs of Heroes and Movie Trailers it came to me, in a flash of blinding light the true identity of the Monster in the Dark.

Obviously, our shadow wreathed abomination is non other than the Cloverfield monster. Discuss.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-22, 07:51 AM
Lies!
Just Like The Cake, It Is A Lie!

BisectedBrioche
2008-01-22, 08:37 AM
Wait! :mitd: is in fact a cake shaped like the cloverfield monster which was brought to life by an animate objects spell!

ObadiahtheSlim
2008-01-22, 08:45 AM
MitD is a pudding elemental.

the_tick_rules
2008-01-22, 11:22 AM
but i hear that in the movie you actually see the monster, that's not true here.

Schulzy
2008-01-22, 11:55 AM
That was an awesome movie, and I wouldn't be suprised seeing the MitD distroying NYC in search of stew or new transformers or something.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-01-22, 12:37 PM
Sort of follows my pet theory:

Minya, son of Godzilla. Or Godzuki, nephew of Godzilla. Either way, one of the few "child" monsters from the Japanese Rubber Suit Brigade.

Just a thought.

Ikialev
2008-01-22, 12:45 PM
Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Barbolanero
2008-01-22, 01:46 PM
I tend to think that his true form is no other than that we have already seen, that is, a powerful yellow light shadow surrounded thing, that just happens to be a shadow but doesn't know it.
Something like this:

:mitd:

tenguro
2008-01-22, 03:17 PM
Lies!
Just Like The Cake, It Is A Lie!

Awesome! just pure Awesome love that comic.

monty
2008-01-23, 12:01 AM
So then all the main characters die, except for possibly Vaarsuvius, who gets in a helicopter and is never seen again, and the comic ends with Elan and Haley together before they finally die?

And obviously that giant monster can fit under an umbrella.

BisectedBrioche
2008-01-23, 12:16 AM
Awesome! just pure Awesome love that comic.

I thought that "The Cake is a Lie!" was from Portal?

tenguro
2008-01-23, 01:18 AM

i havent played portal but I read VG cats and I was thinking it was a reference to one of the comics.

EDIT:ok from what I've seen my friend playing portal the last time we hung out, I went back and looked at the particular comic and it is from portal, sorry for the mix up. *needs to get a better computer to play portal on*

Baerdog7
2008-01-23, 01:21 AM
No, VG Cats was referencing Portal. Which is made of win and cake by the way. :smallwink:

Edit: Ah, simued on the edit. Foiled again!

Bayar
2008-01-23, 03:06 AM
MITD=Grue...if you guys havent figured it out yet. So, unless you want to get eaten by a grue, dont bother trying to find out what MITD really is. :smallbiggrin:

bluish_wolf
2008-01-24, 04:36 PM
i havent played portal but I read VG cats and I was thinking it was a reference to one of the comics.

EDIT:ok from what I've seen my friend playing portal the last time we hung out, I went back and looked at the particular comic and it is from portal, sorry for the mix up. *needs to get a better computer to play portal on*

It's odd, though, it says it needs a 1.7 GHz processor, yet works perfectly fine on my 1.5 GHz computer.

Mando Knight
2008-01-24, 05:50 PM
What if...
The Giant initially allowed the homebrew section of the forums in order to use posters like us to develop :mitd: for him?!

Mauve Shirt
2008-01-24, 06:31 PM
MITD=Grue...if you guys havent figured it out yet. So, unless you want to get eaten by a grue, dont bother trying to find out what MITD really is. :smallbiggrin:

I don't know much, but don't grues like dark places? If MITD was a grue, why would it want to come out of the dark?

Era
2008-01-24, 11:52 PM
My idea is he's some sort of dragon/troll/dragonperson thing, greenish in color, and with lots of teeth. but he could also be the cookie monster. that would have a certain irony to it. :amused:

WildPyre
2008-01-25, 12:05 AM
The MitD is...

what it is.

The last I checked Rich hadn't even decided what it was yet... he once knew, then changed his mind.

†Seer†
2008-01-25, 01:24 AM
MitD is a pudding elemental.

If only that was true...Other than the fact that PM's are a natural enemy for me, I have a +5 Spoon of Mastication.

In other news...

I really want chocolate pudding..

The Extinguisher
2008-01-25, 02:08 AM
He's Superman!

It's so obvious. He just puts on glasses to hide. Why can't anyone see it?

Ikialev
2008-01-25, 12:28 PM
'cause he's under umbrella. [Which looks like Hello Kitty.]

Yerocha
2008-01-26, 11:59 PM
I also agree with the grue theory. I also have a small idea that its actually a second Xykon or something to that effect.

Mr.Ace
2008-01-27, 04:33 AM
Get this, all.

"MitD?" Yeah.

It stands for something other than "Monster in the Dark." I have no idea what it is, but just piece together random words; after a moment or two, they will soon begin to make sense, and thus, you'll know the "secret" identity of the Acronymized Mother in the Depths!

Think about it, y'blokes!

MitD can stand for so many things!

Marcus Ironman the Delvemolething.
Matron Ingus The Drow.
Monstrous "IT" Dragon.
Matchie inverted the Dream.
Mummy introduced the Death (of the OotS! [Cue Duhn-Duh-Duhn.])

See? Quite simple mon cop*áin. :smallwink:

phoamslinger
2008-01-27, 05:58 AM

nah, my vote is still for a grey or black slaad. appropriately scary on the high end, but chaotic enough to be fun to watch.

Ikialev
2008-01-28, 04:02 PM
I also have a small idea that its actually a second Xykon

Five Xykons. <3

Khanderas
2008-01-29, 02:36 AM
Yup, the visage of the grue is fearsome indeed and is said to cause death instantly upon seeing it.

Or so we think, noone has seen the grue and lived to tell the truth about it.

Jayngfet
2008-01-31, 02:41 AM
ok, lets review, mitd has two yellow eyes, medium size and at least one limb, has huge damage reduction, can eat children whole, has earthquake as a spell like ability, doesn't see a problem with undead, is very rare/unusual (i think it was mentioned that redcloak found it in a circus), this much has been outright stated in the comic, it appears to be about human size and have a low int.

things im guessing at: has lots of hit dice, has some sort of neutral alignment(NE probably, doesn't care about good or evil, but that could be due to stupidity.)

even if you only take the top paragraph that it refines the list of races very well.

FujinAkari
2008-01-31, 03:08 AM
has earthquake as a spell like ability,

No he doesn't, that was him stomping his foot.

ChoaticEvilGuy
2008-02-29, 10:24 PM
okay me and my friend think :mitd: is actually a
Tarrasque (pg. 240 of the monster manual if you own one)
a Tarrasque is the most powerful being in Dungeons & Dragons (except for the largest dragons) there is only 1 in the world and the location of its lair is a mystery. That why in SOD when the explorers found :mitd: they were saying how lucky they were and how they'll get alot of gold for its capture and when :mitd: spoke to them the explorers they said how unusal that it speaks because (supposedly) the Tarrasque cant speak (or maybe someone never heard it speak). Even though :mitd: seems childish this might be because he spent most of his life in the darkness making him solitary and not use to the world outside the darkness.

Tussy the Druid
2008-02-29, 11:23 PM
He's clearly a baby Tarrasque.

Duaneyo1
2008-02-29, 11:42 PM
My moneys on a slaad.

Sixscimitars
2008-03-01, 06:20 AM
Geez, at this point I think we could basically take all the epileptic trees in this forum, replace oil as a fuel source by burning all the wood, and still have enough lumber left over to build homes for the entire population of the world.

Silver2195
2008-03-01, 03:22 PM
okay me and my friend think :mitd: is actually a
Tarrasque (pg. 240 of the monster manual if you own one)
a Tarrasque is the most powerful being in Dungeons & Dragons (except for the largest dragons) there is only 1 in the world and the location of its lair is a mystery. That why in SOD when the explorers found :mitd: they were saying how lucky they were and how they'll get alot of gold for its capture and when :mitd: spoke to them the explorers they said how unusal that it speaks because (supposedly) the Tarrasque cant speak (or maybe someone never heard it speak). Even though :mitd: seems childish this might be because he spent most of his life in the darkness making him solitary and not use to the world outside the darkness.

But a tarrasque has colossal size, no stomp attack, and high wisdom and charisma.

T-O-E
2008-03-01, 03:25 PM
Probably something home-brewed.

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-03, 03:16 PM
But a tarrasque has colossal size, no stomp attack, and high wisdom and charisma.
well it could be a baby Tarrasque that Xykon has been training

strayth
2008-03-03, 04:56 PM

It is. I guess he's referring to VG cat's animation to it but the original is funnier (including the end of that game of course).

Ardolich45
2008-03-03, 05:15 PM
I think :mitd: is a massive Umber Hulk.

Alex Warlorn
2008-03-03, 09:31 PM
I believe the Monster In The Dark is: An Armadillephant and OWLEPHANT hybrid. It would explain why people are freaked out by it, and why Redcloak is happy it's true form has remained a secret and would explain it's fighting power.

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article73.htm

Though the Giant MIGHT play fair by telling us if the Monster in the Dark is homebrewed or not.