PDA

View Full Version : Do you Want your Character in a Comic?

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 02:00 PM
The first five who a good character here will get their character in my new comic!
The character must be drawable!
This comic is set in castle ages, so no robotic characters or characters with modern items such as guns or computers.
Include this information in your character sheet:
name:(Preferbly 45 letters as the most)
Weapons:
personality:
weakness:
class:
stats:
-intelligence
-wisdom
-charisma
-dexterity
-constitution
-strength
Unusual traits: (like, has tendency to wear cow costumes)

Moral Wiz
2008-01-22, 02:07 PM
Heh. Why not? My PbP character would like a part.

name:Hist
appearance:See avatar, or sig pic. Basicly, human, black hair, glowey eyes.
Weapons:Mythril Staff; magic blasts (Warlock)
personality:carefree, with moments of very angry indeed
weakness:Plans get too complex, too ready to blow stuff up.
class:
stats:
-intelligence 14
-wisdom 16
-charisma 21
-dexterity 17
-constitution 15
-strength 12

Unusual... Well, he tends to fly where ever possible. Even on ground level. Watch out! Boom, too late, he barged into somthing.:smallwink:

Nameless
2008-01-22, 02:08 PM
Can I use this dude?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/worlock.png

name: Vermilion
Weapons:Staff thingy and magic abilities.
personality:Mysterious, serious, but sometimes come sout with random remarks.
weakness: Intence light
class: Warlock
stats:
-intelligence: very intelegant :smalltongue:
-wisdom: very wize, know many things :smalltongue:
-charisma: yes :smalltongue:
-dexterity: no idea what that means
-constitution: very much so
-strength: Reletivly strong, made stronger buy his powers
Unusual traits: Always wears robes and covers his face with his hood.

This is also how I imagine my D&D character. :smallbiggrin:

One very important thing to remember, he's loyal nutral, unless we're going strictly buy D&D which would mean he can't be that, so chaotic nutral.
This mean that he isn't actually evil, regardless of the fact that he is a warlock and looks all evil...

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-22, 02:14 PM
My character would be the elf in my signature.

Name: Sylvia Windraven (or just Sylvia)
Appearance: I'll make a better picture of her soon.
Weapon: Staff
Personality: Happy and Perky. The type of person everyone loves.
Weakness: Fire and Lightning
Class: Druid
Stats:
Str: Relitively low
Dex: High
Con: Average
Int: Really High
Wis: Also Really high
Cha: High, but not so much as Int and Wis
Unusual Traits: Her hands are almost always glowing with green energy.

Omicroncubed
2008-01-22, 02:58 PM
How about my old avatar?
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/Lambdaomega/Harmaaritari-1.png
Name: Gray It's a kind of bad pun, he's wearing gray armour...
Weapon: Fork-sword
Personality: Weird, dim-witted
Weakness: Planning, understanding something told to him, keeping awake while someone is talking.
Class: Illusionist/Fighter

Stats:
-intelligence: Extremely low
-wisdom: Low
-charisma: Low
-dexterity: Pretty high
-constitution: avarage
-strength: Really high

Unusual traits: Always commenting something stupid. Like ''Now we must move to...'' ''Eat pies?'' ''No...''

Nameless
2008-01-22, 03:47 PM
How about my old avatar?
Weakness: Planning, understanding something told to him, keeping awake while someone is talking.

Stats:

Unusual traits: Always commenting something stupid. Like ''Now we must move to...'' ''Eat pies?'' ''No...''

Can we call it a "Swork"?

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 03:57 PM
Heh. Why not? My PbP character would like a part.

name:Hist
appearance:See avatar, or sig pic. Basicly, human, black hair, glowey eyes.
Weapons:Mythril Staff; magic blasts (Warlock)
personality:carefree, with moments of very angry indeed
weakness:Plans get too complex, too ready to blow stuff up.
class:
stats:
-intelligence 14
-wisdom 16
-charisma 21
-dexterity 17
-constitution 15
-strength 12

Unusual... Well, he tends to fly where ever possible. Even on ground level. Watch out! Boom, too late, he barged into somthing.:smallwink:

accepted. Thank you!

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 03:58 PM
Can I use this dude?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/worlock.png

name: Vermilion
Weapons:Staff thingy and magic abilities.
personality:Mysterious, serious, but sometimes come sout with random remarks.
weakness: Intence light
class: Warlock
stats:
-intelligence: very intelegant :smalltongue:
-wisdom: very wize, know many things :smalltongue:
-charisma: yes :smalltongue:
-dexterity: no idea what that means
-constitution: very much so
-strength: Reletivly strong, made stronger buy his powers
Unusual traits: Always wears robes and covers his face with his hood.

This is also how I imagine my D&D character. :smallbiggrin:

One very important thing to remember, he's loyal nutral, unless we're going strictly buy D&D which would mean he can't be that, so chaotic nutral.
This mean that he isn't actually evil, regardless of the fact that he is a warlock and looks all evil...

accepted. Thank you!

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 03:59 PM
My character would be the elf in my signature.

Name: Sylvia Windraven (or just Sylvia)
Appearance: I'll make a better picture of her soon.
Weapon: Staff
Personality: Happy and Perky. The type of person everyone loves.
Weakness: Fire and Lightning
Class: Druid
Stats:
Str: Relitively low
Dex: High
Con: Average
Int: Really High
Wis: Also Really high
Cha: High, but not so much as Int and Wis
Unusual Traits: Her hands are almost always glowing with green energy.

accepted. Thank you!

Nameless
2008-01-22, 03:59 PM
accepted. Thank you!

*Glee* I feel so special! :smallbiggrin:

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 04:00 PM
How about my old avatar?

Stats:

accepted. Thank you!

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 04:01 PM
:smallcool: Cool! Now, we need one more......

Nameless
2008-01-22, 04:04 PM
You could always have Death in it! he alway's comes in handy in stiky situations. :smallcool:

And someone's gotta' clear up all the dead bodies 'n' stuff. :smallcool:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-22, 04:12 PM
mz. Jackal, I'm not here to report you but please clear up the tripple post(almost quadrupple).
If you want quotes in them.
Just cntrl-c the post.
cntrl-v it in your post.
Underline it with, [U.][/U.](ignore the dots), simply replace the u's with [quote.=jasonsdoomblade][/quote.]
With the username of the owner of the post behind the =.

Anyway, just post a link to the comic thread when you are done here, I'd like to see it:smalltongue:

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 04:18 PM
Lol. ok. I'll remember that. Still new here....still learning the rules.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 04:22 PM
Heh, I'm just warning everyone, my art skills don't exactly compare to some of those here. :smallamused:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-22, 04:24 PM
There's a nice edit button, next to that 'quote button' Makes people not have to double/tripple/multiple post.
Though it likes to hide itself sometimes.

No problem, you should see some of our first art:smalleek: :smallredface:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-22, 04:36 PM
name:King Kobold the 8th
appearance:small, reptillian and orange with some blue stripes.
Weapons: simitar
personality: a little greedbag! Will do anything for cash!
weakness:Greed, stupididy, gullibility
class: Astrocat
stats:
9-intelligence
8-wisdom
16-charisma
16-dexterity
7-constitution
16-strength
Unusual traits: will sometimes out of the blue say, WHATSAT?

Tre of the Wood
2008-01-22, 04:47 PM
Could you do my Character please?
Here he is:
Name: Goes by Tre of the Wood, real name remains unknown to others (It is Landone if you really want to know. If you don't, it is anyway.).
Race: High Elf, Re-incarnated as an eagle.
Class: Druid (1'st edition D&D) 17'th level.
Alignment: True Neutral
D&D stats: Strengh: 14, Constitution: 15, Dexterity: 15, Intelect: 11, Wisdom: 19, Charisma: 17
Description, Appearence: Tre normally appears as a human, as seen in my avatar. When an eagle, he aappears as the eagle in my signature. However, as he is an eagle druid, he can use his wildshape ability to appear as any animal or race, looking however he wants. When adventuring, Tre often wears armor of invisibility, making him impossible to see at all.

Description, Background, personality, weakness: Tre's history before becoming a druid is unknown to everyone but a select few. He fled his home at a young age and changed his name (to Tre) for an unknown reason. After becoming a Druid, he began adventuring with a party consisting of a Theif/Magic-user, Tali, and a fighter named Phenix. Phinix was killed by an ogre king, and her body eaten. However, Tali managed to recover her family ring, which is of protection (+3). This was given to her son, Griffin, who began adventuring with Tre and Tali. While the three explored a magical cave, Griffin used a Talismin of Zaggy to free a Titan named Mitra, who was imprisoned by Zeus. This caused some trouble, but Mitra managed to redeem himself and soon became friends with Zeus. Still in that same cave, Tre accidentally drank a bottle of Green slime, and had to be re-incarnated. He came back as an eagle. When re-incarnated, Tre could not yet wildshape, and thus was stuck as an Eagle. Tre gained enough expirience to wildshape after enacting revenge against the ogre king, and killing nearly all of his subjects. Tre's Party later met up with an Elven Fighter/Magic-user named Mirabel, and took on many lower level henchmen: The fighters Gork (gork be half orc), Wilma, Fredrica, Kevin, Randal (a ranger) and the magic-users Felix and Lindar (a magic-user/fighter/theif). The New party adventured for some time before taking on a job to stop the Giant attacks on their country. They Defeated the giants and had to go to the underdark to fight off the drow aiding the giants. In this campaign, Griffin became famous as the blue warrior, due to the blue dragon scale armor that he wore. The other members of his party also became famous from this, and the party managed to get rid of Zeus' grudge against them by giving Hera a Giant-sized mirror of true seeing (transported by Courgel, a Titan that assisted them in their campaign). Tre, however, remained mostly unknown due to his normal position resting invisibally on Griffin's sholder of flying overhead. The party mostly retired after the campaign, and Tre became a Hirophant Druid. The party now does not adventure (except for Tre [and Griffin--under a psudoname]), but can be called on to join up in times of need.
Tre's Prefered method of attack is a divebomb while under the effects of enlarge animal. He attacks With a staff of striking (+3, +9 damage) and a scimitar +2. His enlargement and dive allows for a 1-6 +2 damage attack and a 1-6 +9 attack, both quadrupled. When he doesn't have time for this, Tre simply uses finger of death or Creeping Doom (500-1000 damage spread out in 1'st edition!). Tre is true neutral, but leans toward good. Tre detests peolple who call him Tree or pronounce his name wrong, but can accept it when one of his friends. Most people do call him this, so he is often in a bad mood. Tre generally is annoyed by lack of commen sence, but can deal with it. He's ised to it. Tre geerally uses a staff rather than a bow in battle as a human, but can use a bow. Tre occasionally overlooks the obvious, assuming things are more complicated than they are. When looking out for an ambush, chipmunks seem extremely dangerous. Tre often overestimates his own power, or those of his opponant. He also often finds the most complex way to do somthing with overthinking, or underthinks and does somthing like dring green slime.
Commen Knowlage: Tre in a powerful Druid and an Eagle. He Is much more powerful than he seems (and more than you know!). If you are a bard or scholor, you may know his backstory, and about his party. Most have heard of Griffin, but few have heard of Tre. If you are not very learned, you know him as Tree.

* NOTE: If you want, you can bump him to 3'rd ed, down a few levels, or anything to make it easier for you. Toss out the history or keep it. Your call. Commen knowlege is for npc's. Other pc's know more. Draw Tre as an eagle, a human, or in invisible form. Or rotate. Whatever works.

If i'm missing somthing or have too much (I know that I do, but hopefully it won't hurt), tell me. Or don't and just make up somthing to fill what you need.

Tre of the Wood
2008-01-22, 04:50 PM
Aww man! Someone posted while I was typing:smallfrown: ! Can you do both maybe?

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 04:53 PM
Aww man! Someone posted while I was typing:smallfrown: ! Can you do both maybe?

Well, the other person posted first, so he will be the last character in the main group. I will have your character appear in my comic somtime....just watch for him!:smallwink:

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 04:56 PM
Ok, I am letting those of you who are now my main characters know that I am going to modify your characters slightly so I can have a somewhat balanced group. So, do not be surprised if there is something about your character that you did not write in your character sheet. Thank you for joining!

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-22, 04:57 PM
loving it.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-22, 04:59 PM
Here here.

Subscribing to thread.

Tre of the Wood
2008-01-22, 05:13 PM
'sigh'. If anyone drops, talk to me. I'll fill in.

P.S. What will the comic be called?

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 05:39 PM
Ok.....We Have to come up with a name now. Any suggestions?
(How do you get the "spoiler" thing? Also, is it possible to add an image not using A URL?)

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-22, 05:44 PM
Ok.....We Have to come up with a name now. Any suggestions?

Well, I vote for : The Heroes Of The Hour

that's what I called my party last time I had an adventre.

Also, to Mz Jackal, for more info on King Kobold the 8th, vist 'D&D Villians you can use' thread in the homebrewing section.

Tre of the Wood
2008-01-22, 05:51 PM
It would be easier to name if you told us what it is going to be about.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 05:55 PM
Here is the list of possible names; you can vote for a name and/or suggest one:
The Heroes of the Hour (1 vote)
Order of the Rock (no votes)
Enemies of Pink (no votes)
Draconic Kittens (no votes)
Demonic Kittens (no votes)
Order of the Pizza (no votes)
Rainbow of Doom (no votes)
------
(do not ask where I got some of these names from... :smalltongue: )

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 06:09 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/Mz_jackal/Webcomic/characterchart1.jpg
Here are the characters!

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-22, 06:14 PM
http://www.geocities.com/jumpydragon/characterchart1.bmp
How do you make it a "spoiler"?

I ussually quate sombody who has already spoilered, and the erase his name and massage.

Simpily put Quote me and erase everything else.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 06:17 PM
Ok....I hope this works..

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-22, 06:17 PM
How do you make it a "spoiler"?

TO spoiler, you put a [/spoiler ] without the last space around you're text, picture, etc. It should come out like this.

[spoiler]this is a spoiler

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 06:22 PM
Thanks! I did it!
Now, everyone VOTE!

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-22, 06:35 PM
Here are the characters!

All I'm seeing is a X.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-22, 06:39 PM
That is all I see too.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 06:50 PM
All I'm seeing is a X.

Yah...I noticed......I'm working on it......

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 06:58 PM
0-Ok, I am having diffuculties with my site. It may take a little bit for me to fix it......
In the meantime, vote please!

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-22, 07:10 PM
Name: Mr. Edward Nigma
Appearance: A quite normal human, wearing purple mages robes, a purple bolar hat with a questionmark on it, a golden questionmark shaped cane and an evil grin. (See avatar)
Weapons: A bizarre arsenal of spells. He practices Mysterymancy, which basically means he can do pretty much anything as long as it is baffling enough and absolutely impossible. He can also do the basic spells, such as fireballs and bolts of lightning.
Personality: Bad to the bone, but casual about it. He'll plot for the sake of plotting, and burn orphanages when he's bored, but he can equally enjoy a good game of chess or some fine cuisine. He feels things need to be done with a certain flair and will make half-assed attempts at evil laughs and death traps. He will eventually get enough of them and just go on and casually kill who-ever opposes him after a while though.
Expect sarcasm, disgrunteledness and evilness for the sake of evilness from him. He likes messing with people's heads and enjoys cliché elitaristic activities, most important among which haute cuisine.
Weakness: He sucks at Evil Laughs and Death Traps. He isn't very good at physical combat either, but he simply avoids people getting to him at all times. As far as social interactions go, he can be quite scary, not knowing how to hide his character very well.
Class: Wizard, Mysterymancer.
Stats:
-Intelligence: Through the roof.
-Wisdom: Not bad at all.
-Charisma: Very good.
-Dexterity: Average.
-Constitution: Somewhat below average.
-Strength: Quite a bit below average.
Backstory: Unclear, but claims he was a talkshow host who got caught in a serious arcane meltdown.

In case you still need an extra character, or perhaps a main villain.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 08:14 PM
In case you still need an extra character, or perhaps a main villain.
I think I will now make my group of five villians. You will be one of them.
Hey tre of the wood? Do you want to be one of the villians?
If anyone else wants to, I have 3 villian spots left, 4 spots if Tre of the Wood does not want to be villian.
Do we have any other votes for the comic name?
These are for the main villian group

Tre of the Wood
2008-01-22, 08:30 PM
What the hey. Maybe I once traveled with your party's Druid, and she never got my name right, always disagreed with me, and accedentally got some bad things to happen to me. However, try not to make me an easy kill, and I'd rather not travel with evil people. I'd rather be a loner or in a neutral party that opposes the main one. Tre is not evil, and does not attack for no reason.

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-22, 08:32 PM
I noticed that you're using the avie I made you Ms. Jackal. Just so you know, the dimensions are:
86x113

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 08:37 PM
What the hey. Maybe I once traveled with your party's Druid, and she never got my name right, always disagreed with me, and accedentally got some bad things to happen to me. However, try not to make me an easy kill, and I'd rather not travel with evil people. I'd rather be a loner or in a neutral party that opposes the main one. Tre is not evil, and does not attack for no reason.

Ok,ok. Sorry if I offended you or anything, I was just asking if you wanted to be one of the villians. I cannot read your mind on that sort of thing. :smalleek:
Anyways, then we have 4 open villian spots.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-22, 08:52 PM
I simpily want to make it clear to Mz Jackal that (in case you haven't already got this) King Kobold the 8th is most definetly an Anti-hero

Meaning he does heroic acts but with villianous personality and intentions.

King kobold the 8th should be on th good side, but for all the wrong reasons.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 09:07 PM
I simpily want to make it clear to Mz Jackal that (in case you haven't already got this) King Kobold the 8th is most definetly an Anti-hero

Meaning he does heroic acts but with villianous personality and intentions.

King kobold the 8th should be on th good side, but for all the wrong reasons.

Kind of like a kobold :belkar:. Heh.:smallamused:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-22, 09:10 PM
Kind of like a kobold :belkar:. Heh.:smallamused:

No not really. Well kind of. Less bloodthirsty and psycotic, more greedy. Maybe slighty more intelligent, but don't go overboard.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 09:29 PM
No not really. Well kind of. Less bloodthirsty and psycotic, more greedy. Maybe slighty more intelligent, but don't go overboard.

Don't worry! Just wait for the comic......that is if I got some VOTES on the name! *hint hint*

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-22, 09:39 PM
Don't worry! Just wait for the comic......that is if I got some VOTES on the name! *hint hint*

I don't think anybody will vote on the name. Humans are just too lazy.

I say you pick the only one with an actual vote.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 09:45 PM
I say you pick the only one with an actual vote.

Or mabye my own choice. I will surprise people then!

Pandaren
2008-01-22, 09:50 PM
Villian spots? Hmmm..... I could work somethings out. Just a sec.

Darkcomet
2008-01-22, 10:23 PM
Villain time.

name:Darkcomet (If you can think of something better, feel free to use it. Just run it by me first.)
appearance:See avatar
Weapons:Carries a dagger, but prefers magic blasting
personality:Paranoid, bad at plans. Not very creative either. Highly possessive of his things, even keeping them from his allies.
weakness:Paranoia, bad planning, goes squish easily. Possessiveness as above.
class: Wizard
stats: Not set in stone, edit as you see fit. Just keep the general pattern.
-intelligence: 18
-wisdom: 8
-charisma: 10
-dexterity: 12
-constitution: 8
-strength:8
Unusual traits: Tends to send fireballs and stuff like that at things that he does not know are there making noise.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-22, 11:23 PM
Thank you Darkcomet, your character is now on my sheet-o-villians which I will soon be posting.
On a differant note, I fixed the picture! You can now see it and not a red "x". I changed the url, so you'll have to edit your posts if you want the picture to show up.
People! I need 3 more villians!

Moral Wiz
2008-01-23, 12:47 AM
I vote for heroes of the hour.

Ichneumon
2008-01-23, 12:49 AM
You need a villain?

name: Ichneumon, of the House of Wasps
appearance:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7876/ichneumonupgratemt1.png

Weapons:Mostly blasts her enemies away with fire spells
personality:She has a very vengeful nature and when she thinks she has been treated unjustly, she will never forget and forge a way too complicated plan to have her vengeance. She clearly is Lawful Evil.
weakness:When she is angry she will forget all reason and only try to right the wrong that was supposetly done to her.
class: Sorcerer
stats: I am not sure....
-intelligence: 16
-wisdom: 10
-charisma: 18
-dexterity: 12
-constitution: 8
-strength:8
Unusual traits: Has a strange obsession for wasps and even keeps some unusually big ones as pets.

Omicroncubed
2008-01-23, 08:53 AM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii192/Mz_jackal/Webcomic/characterchart1.jpg
Here are the characters!

It's kinda small, but still that's cool :smallbiggrin:

I think you accidentally inserted my secret message (Name: Gray It's a kind of bad pun, he's wearing gray armour...)

Oh and just to note that's not hair, it's a helmet :smalltongue:

Blayze
2008-01-23, 10:11 AM
Just in case you still need characters (I hope you do...), I'm going to pull this guy out... I suppose you could use him on any side.

Name: Seiya ("I don't have a surname. Does it make me seem mysterious? No? Damn.")

Race: Human

Age: Early twenties. ("The truly famous live forever. I have no need of an age!")

Appearance: Seiya is a medium-sized human male with a medium build and bright red hair. ("You can't be famous without being different in some way!") He dresses entirely in white, and his skin is almost as pale as his clothing. This makes him capable of temporarily blinding people when stood between them and a bright light.

Weapons: Seiya uses a single longsword, which he has named "The Ultimate Blade". ("All the coolest heroes have named weapons! I want to get in on the act before I get famous!")

Personality: Seiya is motivated by the desire to never be forgotten ("If I become well-known enough, then I'll never be forgotten!"), and every aspect of his personality is influenced by this desire. His greed and lust for fame and/or infamy lead to him taking on every quest he can get his hands on, and he simply will not allow himself to be stopped in his quest for eternal glory and recognition. He does not speak much of himself ("Are you kidding? No way I'd spoil my autobiography for you!") beyond his obvious search for fame.

However, Seiya is not completely one-dimensional. ("People serve good for themselves, not for others. Therefore, I serve myself for the good of others. Have you seen how awesome I am?") He dislikes martyrs, believing them to be merely attention-seekers, and challenges those who claim to do good for the sake of good itself ("You expect me to believe there's no part of him that's selfish? That there's no voice in his head saying "I don't want to go to Hell, so I'll do good"? That he isn't enjoying the attention he gets from doing good? I would rather serve myself and admit it than lie to myself that I serve others.").

He is therefore pessimistic and cynical, with issues and a fear of being forgotten.

Weakness: Seiya is limited in many ways. His greed for wealth and fame lead him to place himself in situations that no normal person would have done, if only for the prospect of more fame. He would rather push a person away than risk being hurt by them, and keeps people at a safe distance. Not too far away, as he may need their help, but not so close that he becomes uncomfortable.

Additionally, Seiya has one other, *small* weakness. He stinks. It's not from not having a bath, Seiya just stinks. Nobody knows quite what has caused it (Not even Seiya, who can't remember when it began), and the stench will not go away no matter what anybody does. The stench has been on him for so long that it has combined with his magic. He has an aptitude for smelly spells (Especially Cloudkill), but he can manipulate it as a weapon. He can shrink, project or spread it to any size, and even compress it enough that the molecules are crushed together enough to become almost solid. In its most compressed state, it is as large and as strong as a buckler, although it takes constant concentration to maintain.

Alignment: True Neutral ("That way, I can cover *all* my bases! Nothing's restricted!")

Class: Kender/Wild Mage (Purported)

Stats:- ("My stats are balanced. So what if I only have a +1 bonus to each stat? Every fourth level, I can get my hands on a +2 bonus! I'm not going to pay two points just to raise a stat about fourteen!")
Str: 13
Dex: 13
Con: 13
Int: 13
Wis: 13
Cha: 13

Unusual traits: I think I will go with the "cow costume" one, just for the hell of it.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-23, 10:19 AM
Hey, blaze or Ichneumon, I need a non-spell caster. could one of you change yours to be a non-spellcasting class?
Also: the next person to sign up to be a villain, (which is the last person), needs to be a non-spell casting class.

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-23, 10:30 AM
Wow you completely changed Sylvia's design and everything.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-23, 10:44 AM
Wow you completely changed Sylvia's design and everything.

Sorry, I had to so I could draw her and have her fit into the comic

Moral Wiz
2008-01-23, 11:07 AM
Can we see a bigger version of the sheet, please? If only the text; it's hard to make out as is.

Blayze
2008-01-23, 11:13 AM
Hey, blaze or Ichneumon, I need a non-spell caster. could one of you change yours to be a non-spellcasting class?
Also: the next person to sign up to be a villain, (which is the last person), needs to be a non-spell casting class.

Done.

Name: Seiya ("I don't have a surname. Does it make me seem mysterious? No? Damn.")

Age: Early twenties. ("The truly famous live forever. I have no need of an age!")

Appearance: Seiya is a medium-sized human male with a medium build and bright red hair. ("You can't be famous without being different in some way!") He dresses entirely in white, and his skin is almost as pale as his clothing. This makes him capable of temporarily blinding people when stood between them and a bright light.

Weapons: Seiya uses a single longsword, which he has named "The Ultimate Blade". ("All the coolest heroes have named weapons! I want to get in on the act before I get famous!")

Personality: Seiya is motivated by the desire to never be forgotten ("If I become well-known enough, then I'll never be forgotten!"), and every aspect of his personality is influenced by this desire. His greed and lust for fame and/or infamy lead to him taking on every quest he can get his hands on, and he simply will not allow himself to be stopped in his quest for eternal glory and recognition. He does not speak much of himself ("Are you kidding? No way I'd spoil my autobiography for you!") beyond his obvious search for fame.

However, Seiya is not completely one-dimensional. ("People serve good for themselves, not for others. Therefore, I serve myself for the good of others. Have you seen how awesome I am?") He dislikes martyrs, believing them to be merely attention-seekers, and challenges those who claim to do good for the sake of good itself ("You expect me to believe there's no part of him that's selfish? That there's no voice in his head saying "I don't want to go to Hell, so I'll do good"? That he isn't enjoying the attention he gets from doing good? I would rather serve myself and admit it than lie to myself that I serve others.").

He is therefore pessimistic and cynical, with issues and a fear of being forgotten.

Weakness: Seiya is limited in many ways. His greed for wealth and fame lead him to place himself in situations that no normal person would have done, if only for the prospect of more fame. He would rather push a person away than risk being hurt by them, and keeps people at a safe distance. Not too far away, as he may need their help, but not so close that he becomes uncomfortable.

Additionally, Seiya has one other, *small* weakness. He stinks. It's not from not having a bath, Seiya just stinks. Nobody knows quite what has caused it (Not even Seiya, who can't remember when it began), and the stench will not go away no matter what anybody does.

Alignment: True Neutral ("That way, I can cover *all* my bases! Nothing's restricted!")

Class: Kender (Purported)

Stats:- ("My stats are balanced. So what if I only have a +1 bonus to each stat? Every fourth level, I can get my hands on a +2 bonus! I'm not going to pay two points just to raise a stat about fourteen!")

Unusual traits: I think I will go with the "cow costume" one, just for the hell of it.

I just had to remove the paragraph about magic.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-23, 11:23 AM
Done.

Additionally, Seiya has one other, *small* weakness. He stinks. It's not from not having a bath, Seiya just stinks. Nobody knows quite what has caused it (Not even Seiya, who can't remember when it began), and the stench will not go away no matter what anybody does.

Class: Kender (Purported)

I just had to remove the paragraph about magic.

Lol, ok. Thank you. Now, I just need one more villian, which needs to be a non-spellcaster. Anyone?

Moral Wiz
2008-01-23, 12:10 PM
Can we see a bigger version of the sheet, please? If only the text; it's hard to make out as is.

Sorry, I couldn't be sure if you saw it, as the page just changed.

Blayze
2008-01-23, 01:20 PM
(Yes, a second character. Why? Because I can. Hmm. Am I allowed to provide more than one for consideration? :P)

Well, if it's non-spellcasters you want... the only thing this guy casts is pancakes.

Concept: There's always one badly-designed nutter...

Name: "The French-German Chef"

Race: European

Appearance: A gibbering, frothing lunatic in a chef's outfit (And silly hat), accompanied by any number of typically stereotypical French and German accessories.

Weapons: The Chef wields a variety of cooking implements, as well as one or two devices that are clearly nothing to do with cooking. ("Fire ze Corpse Cannon! Zen recover ze corpses with un spatula, und make a lovely side-deesh!")

Personality/Biography: Born to a French man and a German woman ("That's the bride? I thought they were both men!"), the French-German Chef was driven mad. Why, you ask? By the combination of two idiotic accents, that's why. He does everything in an orderly, very German manner, accompanied by aggressive, shouted insults (With projectile saliva) and classic French flamboyance.

These two opposing forces that govern his personality, as well as his very strong accent, which slips from French to German and vice versa seamlessly, and may even be both at the same time, have driven him incurably insane.

Weakness: If provoked over or even talked to about (Or if he overhears or reads) anything that might be anything to do with either of his heritages, he will immediately assault the unfortunate person who mentioned it in his presence.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Class: Chef de Sauerkraut

Stats:-
Str: 17
Dex: 22
Int: 08
Wis: 03
Cha: 05

Unusual traits: I don't think there's anything about this guy that's usual.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-23, 01:54 PM
I vote for Heroes of the Hour.

Also, the French-German chefs look hilarious.

Omicroncubed
2008-01-23, 02:18 PM
I vote Heroes of the hour as the title as well. :smallsmile:

JasonDoomsblade
2008-01-23, 02:20 PM
Sorry, I had to so I could draw her and have her fit into the comic

You made her more detailed than she initially was.

Oh and I vote for Heroes of the Hour too.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-23, 02:37 PM
(Yes, a second character. Why? Because I can. Hmm. Am I allowed to provide more than one for consideration? :P)

Well, if it's non-spellcasters you want... the only thing this guy casts is pancakes.

Concept: There's always one badly-designed nutter...

Name: "The French-German Chef"

Race: European

Appearance: A gibbering, frothing lunatic in a chef's outfit (And silly hat), accompanied by any number of typically stereotypical French and German accessories.

Weapons: The Chef wields a variety of cooking implements, as well as one or two devices that are clearly nothing to do with cooking. ("Fire ze Corpse Cannon! Zen recover ze corpses with un spatula, und make a lovely side-deesh!")

Personality/Biography: Born to a French man and a German woman ("That's the bride? I thought they were both men!"), the French-German Chef was driven mad. Why, you ask? By the combination of two idiotic accents, that's why. He does everything in an orderly, very German manner, accompanied by aggressive, shouted insults (With projectile saliva) and classic French flamboyance.

These two opposing forces that govern his personality, as well as his very strong accent, which slips from French to German and vice versa seamlessly, and may even be both at the same time, have driven him incurably insane.

Weakness: If provoked over or even talked to about (Or if he overhears or reads) anything that might be anything to do with either of his heritages, he will immediately assault the unfortunate person who mentioned it in his presence.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Class: Chef de Sauerkraut

Stats:-
Str: 17
Dex: 22
Int: 08
Wis: 03
Cha: 05

Unusual traits: I don't think there's anything about this guy that's usual.

Actually, I would prefer 1 character per person please.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-23, 02:45 PM
I prefer the cook. The only interesting thing about the other one is that he stinks. Sounds like it was inspired by Philoctetus, am I right?

Blayze
2008-01-23, 02:56 PM
I've not a clue who Philoctetus is.

Actually, I would prefer 1 character per person please.

Okay. Would you like me to withdraw one of them? (And if so, which one do you think you would have more success/fun with?)

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-23, 02:58 PM
Sorry, I couldn't be sure if you saw it, as the page just changed.

I know, I can't really fix it, sorry. At least, this way, people will be surprised. Anyway.....the title is:
HEROES OF THE HOUR!

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-23, 03:01 PM
Okay. Would you like me to withdraw one of them? (And if so, which one do you think you would have more success/fun with?)
I like the chef better....(I'll have some fun with the accent :smallamused: ) The other one I might use sometime laterr in the comic as on of the lesser characters.
1 villian spot left for hereos of the hour. Non-spellcaster please!

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-23, 03:03 PM
I should have mentioned this earier, But King Kobold the 8th has a crown.

Also, Thanks for picking my name suggestion everybody!:smalltongue:

Oh yah, and I think there is a lack of "gender balence" on this soon-to-be-awsome-webcomic. I think we should let in some new characters into the good side, but only girl characters. also, only 2 or 3. We don't need too many characters in this thing.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-23, 03:09 PM
I've not a clue who Philoctetus is.

A figure in Greek mythology, he was the one that lit the funeral pyre for Hercules and he was a famed archer using Hercules' poison arrows. He was exiled from Greece to Lemnos.

Nameless
2008-01-23, 03:28 PM
A figure in Greek mythology, he was the one that lit the funeral pyre for Hercules and he was a famed archer using Hercules' poison arrows. He was exiled from Greece to Lemnos.

I have a picture in one of those in a book. :smallbiggrin:

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-23, 03:44 PM
I should have mentioned this earier, But King Kobold the 8th has a crown.

Also, Thanks for picking my name suggestion everybody!:smalltongue:

Oh yah, and I think there is a lack of "gender balence" on this soon-to-be-awsome-webcomic. I think we should let in some new characters into the good side, but only girl characters. also, only 2 or 3. We don't need too many characters in this thing.
I would like to point out 2 things:
1: Gender is not balanced in the order of the stick
2: no offence, but It is my comic, therefore I am the one who decides whether or not I want more characters.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-01-23, 03:54 PM

Precisely. The important bit here is that he was dumped on an island on the way to the Trojan war because the people on the ship couldn't stand the smell of his foot. I believe it was slowly rotting or something.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-23, 04:22 PM
I would like to point out 2 things:
1: Gender is not balanced in the order of the stick
2: no offence, but It is my comic, therefore I am the one who decides whether or not I want more characters.

In the Order of the Stick, they still have a token female though, I'd say it's a little balenced.

Anywho, It was just a suggestion, from one comic writer to another.

Moral Wiz
2008-01-23, 04:28 PM
This one's got a female. It's identical.

Tre of the Wood
2008-01-23, 04:53 PM
Actually, I did want to be a villan. Just not a bloodthirty evil one. I want a reason to oppose the group, that's all. If its not too late, I really do want to be in the comic. I didn't mean to say that I didn't. Really. So... can I be a villan?

Moral Wiz
2008-01-23, 04:57 PM
That'd bring us round to full. And I'm really looking forward to this comic now.:smallbiggrin:

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-23, 05:37 PM
Actually, I did want to be a villan. Just not a bloodthirty evil one. I want a reason to oppose the group, that's all. If its not too late, I really do want to be in the comic. I didn't mean to say that I didn't. Really. So... can I be a villan?

Yes! Don't worry....the group will have reasons to have enemies....trust me:smallamused:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-23, 05:40 PM
This one's got a female. It's identical.

OOPS. Hehe. Didn't see that. I thought we only had males.

Sorry

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-23, 06:18 PM
Now, if you people have an idea for a good joke for the comic or something, send it to me in a private message!

Green-Shirt Q
2008-01-23, 07:37 PM
When will this comic start? I'm so excited!

Overture! Hit the lights!
Curtains up! We'll hit the hights!
Who know what hights we'll hit!?
ON WITH THE SHOW, THIS IS IT!

Darkcomet
2008-01-23, 08:26 PM
I'm with Q. Of course, I have never had a character in a comic before so, yeah. I can imagine quite well a running gag in the comic relating to my character. He is rather paranoid after all.

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-24, 10:42 AM
Lol, I now understand what it feels like to be a webcomic artist.... the comics take forever!

Blayze
2008-01-24, 12:06 PM
Just wait until you get groupies.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-01-24, 12:31 PM
Just wait until you get groupies.

"Ooh, what's this I feel? Is that your "paint brush"?"
"Actually yes. Do you mind? I'm trying to get this finished"

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-24, 02:51 PM
Yay! I got the first comic done! here is the link:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3832144#post3832144

DrizztFan24
2008-01-31, 09:30 AM
Do you still need a baddie?
If so I've got a beguiler (caster i know but its not a full spellcaster) that you could use if you wanted, they have one level in assassin too (Only ECL6 but that can be tweaked as you wish)

Mz. Jackal
2008-01-31, 09:59 AM
I already have all the villains I need, but thank you for offering.