PDA

View Full Version : Monk/Cleric... help?

dyslexicfaser
2008-01-22, 03:07 PM
I know it's not exactly optimal, so we don't need to go down that road.

That said, I want to be as good as I can manage. Are there any feats like Zen Archery that work with unarmed attacks, or other feats that might make a monk/cleric a little less than the usual monk MADness?

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-01-22, 03:10 PM
I know it's not exactly optimal, so we don't need to go down that road.

That said, I want to be as good as I can manage. Are there any feats like Zen Archery that work with unarmed attacks, or other feats that might make a monk/cleric a little less than the usual monk MADness?

There is an exalted feat in BoED called something along the lines of insightful strike that lets you use your WIS modifier to attack, I'm not sure if there is a limit to what weapons it applies, but it should work with unarmed strike.

mostlyharmful
2008-01-22, 03:11 PM
There's Superior Unarmed Strike in ToB that gives you a damage progression based on your character level rather than just your monk level. Just make sure to pick up a monks belt as soon as possible.

Wordmiser
2008-01-22, 03:24 PM
There's Intuitive Attack from BoED.

Other MAD-reducers?
"Aeshoon" Illumians can spend Turn Undead attempts to add their Wisdom to damage for a round. You'll need Weapon Focus--Unarmed Strike for that to work, though.
Sacred Fist gains a 1/day ability to add Wisdom+Class Level to damage wth its unarmed strikes.

lord_khaine
2008-01-22, 05:01 PM
there is the prestice class sacret fist that actualy saves this idea, it allows you to progress monk unarmed damage while at the same time increasing your caster level.

and monk MAD is not that bad, especaly when you have spells like divine power and righteous might to back it up.