PDA

View Full Version : Rip

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-01-22, 04:58 PM
Heath Ledger (http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/22/heath-ledger-is-dead/) is dead. ****.

Otto-Sieve
2008-01-22, 05:08 PM
This came for a shock

Mc. Lovin'
2008-01-22, 05:13 PM
wow ... I think everyone can see the relevance here

http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-22, 05:19 PM
Oddly enough, my first thought upon seeing that was 'Oh god, I hoped he finished the batman movie!'

...Then I felt a twinge of guilt because he has done other good movies to be remembered by...also cause..y'know..he's dead.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-01-22, 05:29 PM
I was quite surprised when I found out this news (and surprisingly not from imdb.com, who don't seem to have anything on it yet). From reports that I've read, it seems that drugs were involved/had a part to play in this event.

Rogue 7
2008-01-22, 05:39 PM
The part I found most amusing is that, according to the New York Times, he was found in Mary-Kate Olsen's apartment. This could prove to be interesting.

EvilJames
2008-01-22, 05:47 PM
It's always weird when someone your own age dies out of the blue

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-01-22, 05:50 PM
The part I found most amusing is that, according to the New York Times, he was found in Mary-Kate Olsen's apartment. This could prove to be interesting.

The article doesn't mean her exact apartment. They're just referring to the fact that both of them rent an apartment in the same building.

konfeta
2008-01-22, 06:28 PM
Before there is an endless barage of questions, yes, the Batman movie will be released. It's in post-production.

Besides, it would be an insult to him not to release it...

Vectner
2008-01-22, 06:37 PM
Oddly enough, my first thought upon seeing that was 'Oh god, I hoped he finished the batman movie!'

You know that was my first thought too. So don't feel too guilty.
I checked, they did finish The Dark Knight, so no worries there.

At least he is leaving a legacy of good movies behind.

Really a shocker though, it's a shame.

Serpentine
2008-01-22, 07:06 PM
Holy crapsicles, we're dropping like flies :smalleek: Who's next? Dame Edna? Rupert Murdoch?
*sigh* Poor Heath. He seemed like a good guy, if a little bit of a wanker. Hope there's not too much crap slung about over his death.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-22, 07:14 PM
Shoot, was about to post about this with the topic of, 'Joker died, and we all cried'.

(Y'know, Jingle bells, batman smells, robin laid an egg...)

But yeah, how pointless. Hope it wasn't the suicide they suspect it to be. I read he actually played a suicider in his movies twice now. Talk about typecasting :smallsigh:

North
2008-01-22, 07:17 PM
The article doesn't mean her exact apartment. They're just referring to the fact that both of them rent an apartment in the same building.

The way a read it I think Olsen owns the building.

But yeah holy shock!:smalleek:

RTGoodman
2008-01-22, 07:18 PM
One of my friends instant messaged me earlier and said, "Did you hear that Heath Ledger died?" I fully expected that it was some great new joke. Turns out it was actually a news story. :smalleek:

TheThan
2008-01-22, 07:50 PM
Been watching it on fox news all day.

If they didn’t finish Batman, they’ll inter-cut it with scenes from other films he was in, you know like they did with Bruce Lee.

Seriously, its too early to tell what the cause of death is but I suspect it could be one of the following:
Suicide
Drug overdose
Lethal drug interaction

Personally I hope it’s an accidental death via lethal drug interaction. I hope his death will spark an awakening of the American people, doctors and the various drug companies, and they start becoming more careful with what types of drugs and how much of it they prescribe to people.
Prescription drug abuse, and lethal drug interactions is a huge problem in America and people are just ignoring it. Doctors don’t care because they’re providing the drugs to people (and therefore making money off of it). Other people don’t care because prescription drugs are supposed to help people and the government doesn’t care because the drug companies can just give them some money and make it go away. It’s a sad state, when you can’t trust your doctor to give you medicine that's safe to take.
/rant

Swordguy
2008-01-22, 10:29 PM
I'm thinking accidental OD on his perscription sleep medication. Take a look around at some of the articles - he's evidently been sleeping 1-2 hours a night for a long time now and taking Ambien to add an hour or two onto it. I don't think he was consciously abusing the pills per se for entertainment purposes, just trying to get to sleep and OD'd. I SERIOUSLY doubt suicide - the man has a daughter, remember. Er, had.

Keeping eyes peeled for autopsy reports.

Batman is in post-production, so assuming there's no pickups, there's no problem. Even if they needed pickups, of course, they could prolly fake it "Crow"-style.

Also, somebody just made a WHOLE LOT of money off their Celebrity Dead Pool. I mean, heck, he beat Britney! Who'da thunk it?

Rama_Lei
2008-01-22, 11:04 PM
It's a shame. He was a talented, caring man. I hope it wasn't suicide, and merely an unfortunate accident. Most importantly, I hope the media will have enough respect for a dead man, and leave his daughter alone.

FoE
2008-01-23, 02:49 AM
It's always weird when someone your own age dies out of the blue

Yeah, that's what I thought too. :smallfrown:

hanzo66
2008-01-23, 03:47 AM
From what I've heard it was sleeping pills.

I also heard something about the fact that working on the movie messed with his sleeping...

Two may or may not be related...

rubakhin
2008-01-23, 03:55 AM
Damn shame. He was a talented young man. Worst thing in the world is a waste of talent. RIP.

Irenaeus
2008-01-23, 05:24 AM
Damn. He was really good as well. What is also sad is that he only left a few outstanding movies behind, with the rest being largely unremarkable (taking an exception in some cases for his own performances). It really feels like he has lost the best half of his career.

In retrospect, it seems fairly obvious that a lead actor on a Terry Gilliam movie would have to go sometimes.