PDA

View Full Version : Comic titles

Rad
2008-01-23, 10:47 AM
Each comic strip has a title which is easy to see when it's the last published strip since it is displayed in the side menu. When someone reads through the archive though you aren't aware of the title of the comic -they are often funny-. Is it possible to place the comic's title somewhere in the comic page?

I know that all the titles are available in the comic list, but people reading through the archives are more likely to do so clicking the "next" button than going back to the index page every time. The most intuitive way for reading the archives (clicking "first" from the current comic and going on) doesn't even give any clue about where to see them even if someone guesses at their existence!

I do no think I am the first one to think to this, so I wonder if there is any specific reason for this not to be implemented?

Mr_Saturn
2008-01-23, 08:49 PM
I do not think I am the first one to think to this

You sure weren't.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44820

SPoD
2008-02-01, 02:51 PM
I do no think I am the first one to think to this, so I wonder if there is any specific reason for this not to be implemented?

Rich doesn't want to do it. That seems to be the main reason.

balor
2008-02-02, 01:51 AM
Rich doesn't want to do it. That seems to be the main reason.

Then I would assume Rad's (and mine) next question would be: Why doesn't The Giant want to?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-02-02, 06:08 AM
The Giant works in mysterious ways...

EmeraldRose
2008-02-02, 11:30 AM
One should not question the genius that is the Giant. We do not speak of these things...hush now. :smalltongue:

estradling
2008-02-02, 11:41 AM
Then I would assume Rad's (and mine) next question would be: Why doesn't The Giant want to?

If I were to engage in wild speculation as to the Giant's motives I would say it because, he would have to alter 526 comics, and right now he has 'better things to do with his time.'

You know like make the next comic, put together the next book, do whatever contracted work he has that brings in money.

Rad
2008-02-02, 06:01 PM
If I were to engage in wild speculation as to the Giant's motives I would say it because, he would have to alter 526 comics, and right now he has 'better things to do with his time.'

You know like make the next comic, put together the next book, do whatever contracted work he has that brings in money.

Be sure that he wouldn't. Likely there is a single file that determines the layout and that would be the only one in need to be modified so as to include the title from the database.