PDA

View Full Version : Help with Boot Camp Beta

Dark Dork
2008-01-23, 11:05 AM
I'm looking for help regarding the disk partitions for my Intel Mac OS X:

I while ago I downloaded Boot camp 1.3 for my Mac and successfully partitioned my hard drive to create a partition for windows to use.
The trouble is, Boot camp beta has expired so I can't run Boot camp assistant. I now want to get back all those lovely gigabytes I gave to the windows partition but I'm not sure how to go about it. I looked at the Disk Utility application and found it quite daunting, not wanting to erase all my Mac stuff.

So can anyone help me? Is there anyway to stitch back together a partitioned hard drive without vaporising all my work? :smalleek:

Holocron Coder
2008-01-23, 12:02 PM
I had partitioned my drive with the beta and then bought the new OSX. For me, simply installing the new OS was enough; it already recognized the partition for what it was.

I can't recall any specifics, but I didn't lose any data.

Carpetkiller
2008-01-28, 08:13 PM
I had partitioned my drive with the beta and then bought the new OSX. For me, simply installing the new OS was enough; it already recognized the partition for what it was.

I can't recall any specifics, but I didn't lose any data.
I did the same and all of the partition is still working. I think you're gonna need to get Leopard.

Leper_Kahn
2008-01-28, 08:47 PM
So can anyone help me? Is there anyway to stitch back together a partitioned hard drive without vaporising all my work? :smalleek:

Yep, just follow these steps exactly:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306805

They are apple sponsored so if you have problems with them you can yell at apple all you want. :smallbiggrin:

Before you get rid of the Windows partition I'd suggest backing up all of your Mac data you want/need.