PDA

View Full Version : Blue archon?

The Goblin King
2008-01-24, 03:28 AM
In OoTS #493 I spoted a blue archon. It seems to be the only different color archon. Dose this mean the guy with the blue bandana is of some importants? Or am I just reading to much in to it.

FoE
2008-01-24, 03:34 AM
It seems like there are a couple of different coloured archons in that strip. The colour of the archon could denote rank within the angelic hierarchy, or perhaps the designation of that archon in terms of which soul it guides. (Azure City residents might be guided by blue archons whereas a typical northerner like Roy would receive a gold-coloured archon.) Or it could just be that archon's preference — I would imagine they are allowed to alter their appearance to some degree.

In any case, I don't think it has much relevance to the story.

cheesecake
2008-01-24, 07:00 AM
Probably means for different alignments. LG=Blue

TDG
2008-01-24, 07:07 AM
Probably means for different alignments. LG=Blue

Considering they're all in the Lawful Good plane, I doubt it

Snadgeros
2008-01-24, 08:12 AM
Everyone knows that blue archons are made from templars and are massively powerful. Really, the power is overwhelming. Just whatever you do, don't make the red ones. They're practically useless. Dark templars are so much more useful.

Chronos
2008-01-24, 01:39 PM
It probably has something to do with the fact that he's guiding a paladin. That's one of the Sapphire Guardsmen we saw guarding the throne room.

Snadgeros, the red ones can be useful in a team game, where your teammates are playing another race, to get more units than you're ordinarily allowed.

North
2008-01-24, 02:31 PM
It could be a special one for Pallys or possibly easterners maybe?

Snadgeros
2008-01-24, 11:00 PM
Snadgeros, the red ones can be useful in a team game, where your teammates are playing another race, to get more units than you're ordinarily allowed.

Feh....I'd rather focus my resources on the ever-useful carrier rush.:smallamused:

WildPyre
2008-01-25, 12:11 AM
We discussed this once before... my theory is that BBG (Blue Bandanna Guy) had a blue acrchon due to the fact that he was a paladin, you'll notice Roy's archon is also a slightly different color from the average person's. As for why Roy's is a different color?

Well he's a PC and not an NPC... you need to be able to pick his out of a crowd, of course!

Grey Watcher
2008-01-25, 12:50 AM
It might only be because he's a member of the Sapphire Guard (which also means he's an Azure City native), one of the ones martyred at the last stand against Xykon. I think it was just a neat little detail. Not plot relevant, as far as I can tell.

Demented
2008-01-25, 01:54 AM
In OoTS #493 I spoted a blue archon. It seems to be the only different color archon. Dose this mean the guy with the blue bandana is of some importants? Or am I just reading to much in to it.

Notice that everyone else (besides the Paladin) has a yellow archon, but Roy has an orange one. Their speech bubbles match, too.

Arkenputtyknife
2008-01-25, 02:12 AM
Notice that everyone else (besides the Paladin) has a yellow archon, but Roy has an orange one. Their speech bubbles match, too.
I'd say the Archons had been imported from Paranoia, but you don't have security clearance for that information.

Ikialev
2008-01-25, 12:26 PM
And how did Roy's mother knew R.A. name? x3

sihnfahl
2008-01-25, 12:59 PM
And how did Roy's mother knew R.A. name? x3
You don't know?
She's a mom. Moms know everything. :smallwink:

brilliantlight
2008-01-26, 09:20 AM
I'd say the Archons had been imported from Paranoia, but you don't have security clearance for that information.

LOL, so a White Archon would be super powerful.

Ikialev
2008-01-26, 02:37 PM
White Archon would be super powerful.

And Pink Archon would be super gay.

DemonicAngel
2008-01-26, 03:34 PM
there is something odd about all of what you said.
isn't this guy supposed to be subject to the eastern gods? so, why the heck is he in the northern gods section?

Szilard
2008-01-26, 03:39 PM
West gods, besides, they get different sides of the mountain.

Chronos
2008-01-26, 03:40 PM
First of all, nobody's subject to the eastern gods, them being dead and all. Second of all, we don't actually know he's a Southerner: Paladin orders generally recruit the cream of the crop, no matter where they're from. Third of all, Roy was processed on the Northerners' side of the mountain, but the mountain itself is for all Lawful Good characters, so it's possible that Roy's path intersected with that of some of the Southerners.